Ben Nelson says he'll back health care bill, Black Mail Works!

I am not ready to give Senator Nelson a hard time yet. His insistance on anti-abortion funding protections will certainly keep this bill from causing more damage. It may even cause some far left people to bailout.

The left had to eat the public option, medicare expansion option AND the abortion loophole. Obama and Reid have screwed those people royal.

Like I said..the liberals will fall on their pencils to pass another entitlement program but will not lift a finger to rescind the Iraq War Resolution. Democrats...all bullshit..all the time...bottom line.
Speaking of wars...

Why did the republicans try to not pay the troops?

In an unusual Saturday morning vote, the Senate passed the defense spending bill. The health care bill still awaits.STORY HIGHLIGHTS
NEW: Defense spending bill passes by 88-10 vote
Under Senate rules, 30 hours must pass before final passage
Money will go to fund wars in Iraq, Afghanistan
Senators will now turn their attention to health care overhaul

RELATED TOPICS
U.S. Senate
U.S. House of Representatives
U.S. Department of Defense
Iraq War
Afghanistan War
Washington (CNN) -- The Senate passed a $636 million defense spending bill Saturday by an 88-10 vote.
Senate passes $636 billion defense spending bill - CNN.com

I'd call 88-10 more than bi-partisan support zona as for debating the bill, when a defense bill is stuffed with Medicare programs, domestic road constructions programs, and welfare prorgams that have NOTHING to do with defense , then those things need to be debated.
excerpt from your link:

The Senate voted 63-33 Friday morning to end debate on the measure -- three votes more than required to break a GOP filibuster.

What I wonder is how Sen. Reid talked these Senators into giving up their seats for a vote on this issue, because some of them are doing exactly that. In fact Sen. Reid himself is unlikely to be back after 2010, I've given this some thought and with the constitutional issues involved here, and knowing there are many of them, if the mandates are eventually shot down, after you have collected years of taxes and have millions on medicaid you have basically established a "public assistance program" without calling it that. If that was the real intent here, then it makes some sense as most of the Democrats on the hill know they would never be able to get such a program passed unless the wrapped it in a fake disguse called healthcare reform. Which is laughable, because this bill reforms nothing. especially the cost of healthcare. If I were a progressive or for that matter one of those who supported the democratic platform I would be very upset over this legislation.

Speaking of wars...

Why did the republicans try to not pay the troops?

In an unusual Saturday morning vote, the Senate passed the defense spending bill. The health care bill still awaits.STORY HIGHLIGHTS
NEW: Defense spending bill passes by 88-10 vote
Under Senate rules, 30 hours must pass before final passage
Money will go to fund wars in Iraq, Afghanistan
Senators will now turn their attention to health care overhaul

RELATED TOPICS
U.S. Senate
U.S. House of Representatives
U.S. Department of Defense
Iraq War
Afghanistan War
Washington (CNN) -- The Senate passed a $636 million defense spending bill Saturday by an 88-10 vote.
Senate passes $636 billion defense spending bill - CNN.com

I'd call 88-10 more than bi-partisan support zona as for debating the bill, when a defense bill is stuffed with Medicare programs, domestic road constructions programs, and welfare prorgams that have NOTHING to do with defense , then those things need to be debated.
excerpt from your link:

The Senate voted 63-33 Friday morning to end debate on the measure -- three votes more than required to break a GOP filibuster.

I think I explained the reason for the filibuster too. If it were just a defense bill then it would have been passed back in Sept. when it was supposed to be passed. Your assertion that the GOP did not support the defense bill is in fact incorrect based on Vote for the bill.

With all the pork, Obama will make good on his campaign promise and veto the bill.

Thank you for the post Wry, and I enjoyed it, but sadly if you think this current bill comes anywhere remotly close to Truman's vision for healthcare reform then your mistaken Wry.

Thank you for the post Wry, and I enjoyed it, but sadly if you think this current bill comes anywhere remotly close to Truman's vision for healthcare reform then your mistaken Wry.

I don't. Special interests won, the American people lost.

I wonder what the result of the conference will be, as the Senate bill is so far apart from the House bill, and many in the House are less than happy with the Senate version. I still cannot get over the fact that the Senate would pass a healthcare bill that in fact does not have one of the party planks in it, as well as a basic principle that the democrats ran on. It's not defeat to admit that you need to go to work on something to make it better in my opinion, but we are going to see it pass and this bill is a train wreck waiting to happen.

A majority of senators support this reform, and the Republican Party wants to prevent it from coming up for a vote. I think the American people are entitled to a vote.

A majority of senators support this reform, and the Republican Party wants to prevent it from coming up for a vote. I think the American people are entitled to a vote.

The key word there though 2nd is majority of Senators , not the majority of the American people which they represent. Perhaps the reason why those Senators do not wish to have a vote on this matter is because it does not represent reform , but rather represents the wishes of Senators.

Forget about Mary Landrieu Louisiana’s $300 Million Hooker. We now have the Biggest Son of a Bitch that US Politics has ever produced. And lets not let Joe Lieberman off the hook either!
Ben Nelson of Nebraska, you cantankerous bastard, all you needed was a little
push. He got it with 13 hours of negotiations. Nelson puts Democrats at 60.
And by the way Joe Lieberman remains to be the asshole he always was..

And I'll be blunt. The ‘health care reform’ legislation under consideration in the Senate is the most corrupt piece of legislation in our nation’s history. Yes, we understand that is a strong statement and there have been other abominations throughout our nation’s life. But never before did corrupt legislation threaten to radically and forever change the live’s of every American. We all knew he was a whore, we just didn't know what his price was going to be and how high priced a whore he was..

Exhibit A is the outright bribe extracted by Sen. Ben Nelson DEMOCRAT, from Harry Reid. alos DEMOCRAT as a result of Nelson’s performance in his role of Hamlet in the health care deliberations, we will have two health care systems in this country; one for Nebraska and one for the other 49 states.

Medicaid is a program whose costs are split between the federal and state governments, this expansion in eligibility raise costs dramatically for states. States will be forced to either raise taxes or cut other services to accommodate the forced increase in Medicaid spending.

Unless that state is Nebraska

Is it blackmail when you call your senator and tell them you won't vote for them if they vote against a strong single payer public option?

Nothing new. The Senator from Nebraska just decided that he can now take a bribe for his vote.....It only took the expense of the whole country.

Nothing new. The Senator from Nebraska just decided that he can now take a bribe for his vote.....It only took the expense of the whole country.

Pretty smart. Look at Lieberman. And if they do anything about it, like take him off any of his committees, he'll just vote NO on everything.

I believe we really only really need 51 votes to get major things done. They were explaining it on Air America. The Dems are trying not to go that route but it may be an option in 2010, 11 and 12. Remember all the shit the GOP put thru in 2005 when they knew they were going to lose? They didn't have the votes the Dems have now. But we're trying to get more buy in. Actually, it's been pretty easy. We only have to buy off a couple senators. Thank god it isn't more. Think about how much we will have to pay if Republicans pick up seats. Us libs actually need to increase our majority so we can make Lieberman irrelivent.

Forum List

Back