Ben Franklin

wavingrl

Nov 14, 2012
ATL
We do indeed live in 'interesting times'.

I have cried---decades as 5th grade teacher of US social sciences.

been around the www for a while--it has not escaped my notice --that there is a 'problem'.

Would that I could round up individuals that seem to be in need of remediation of some kind and introduce them to 'Ben'.

someplace to begin--seems like 'We the People' need to go back to The Beginning--hehehehehe---rapping myself on the hand ---the Very Beginning for some and for most back to the founding of the 13 colonies.

i believe there was some outrage because 'Someone' referenced the US as one colony---a few days ago---I am certain that we started with 13. cough.

but i digress as i do too frequently---'multitasking'---that's my problem---no further analyses needed. :tongue:

Enjoy. Expound to your heart's content.

a 'nice' teacher---always.

4th graders loved to hear my stories about him. Robert Lawson--old, old, old book and a very fine one---'Ben and Me'---he had a mouse, you see. Lots to discuss about 'that old white guy'. :D

~~~~~~~
Mr. Franklin>>

eta: not yet allowed to post the link. go to google---Franklin PBS.org--or anything that looks good to you.

Poor Richard's Almanac/morality.

Truthfully, that is what is on my mind tonight.

humming the Battle Hymn of the Republic as I type.

Once when I was teaching---middle school---it was the sort of daythatneverends---so many like that at times.

What I did to get everyone's attention and stun them into 'submission'---

I sang the Battle Hymn of the Republic. I sincerely meant that the grapes of wrath needed to be trampled right then and there.

and that is how I feel tonight.

oh, yes--Accountability--is on the way. Prayers have been answered. /gavel.

Yup, I understand, Wav.

Watching this nation reject the treasonous values of the former CSA is heartening, isn't it?

FYI, my FIRST history lesson, 2nd grade, was from a history books written in the mid 1920 about the firing on Fort Sumter.

I'lll never forget the restrained outrage my teacher (Miss Hoffenberger) had while she described the treason of the sucessionists.

Basically I haven't moved from that same POV about the CSA since 1958.

Traitors all of them.

lol--edic---forgive me

'CSA'---that would be 'The Confederacy'--

for the past few days I have been seeing 'CIA' possibly more than I have ever seen or heard of it in all the many years I have been on this earth. :D

a strange little story --from the early 50's when I was in elementary school---and it was a 'good' school--some would tell you that if there could be schools like that one today---our educational system would be so much better. i think that is correct, jmo.:D

we did not actually talk about the Civil War that much at school--talked about it at home a lot---Greatest Generation Southern parents---God Bless them---Gone With the Wind was The book. but moving forward---progressing--that was what Atlanta, GA was about.

i think it has some hope for a good future---we keep trying to figure out what goes wrong and find a way to fix it correctly.

keeps everybody pretty busy--lol. being a 'blue island in the sea of red'.

maybe we are already 'purple'---good color. did you ever hear the song ---'Flying Purple People Eater'---it is very old and very silly. the sort of song a true Atlien would love.:clap2:

ftr--i am not much of a geek--it sort of 'bothers' me---too many youtube links and all that

anyway--until I reach 15 posts I can't C&P links and honestly need to read the tos more thoroughly--sigh--'bandwidth' and whatever--sort of skimmed a lot of that when I registered.

go to google--'GOG'--=can I rush to the forum administrators' and beseech them to officially recognize this acronym--I will be typing it a lot---or have on other sites. 'Just go to Google' or you might have another search engine that you prefer--Google works--so I use it. lol--some people like to have 'all the facts'----What did she mean by that????,etc.

I am loling at myself--i tend to ramble on at times---just to hear myself ramble I guess. 'Very crazy' sort of person, an 'Old'.:tongue:

i like this little ditty---probably owned a 45 vinyl record---when the dinosaurs roamed the earth. whether it is now available on CD or if you can download it --i wouldn't know That.:badgrin:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Flying Purple People Eater lyrics--by Sheb Wooley

Well i saw the thing comin' out of the sky
It had the one long horn and one big eye
i commenced to shaken' and i said "ooh-eee"
It looks like a purple people eater to me

It was a one eyed one horned flyin' purple people eater
(one eyed one horned flying purple people eater)
a one eyed one horned flyin' purple people eater
sure looks strange to me (one eye?)

well he he came down to earth and he lit on a tree
i said a mister purple people eater, dont eat me
i heard him say in a voice so gruff
i wouldn't est you cuz your so tough

it was a one eyed one horned flyin' purple people eater
one eyed one horned flyin' purple people eater
one eyed one horned flyin' purple people eater

I loved his stores when I was a child.

nuff said---we will get along well. :cool:

"seems like 'We the People' need to go back to The Beginning"

Dante looks forward to spanking you.

now do your homework before you get graded

hehehe---i won't even report you --for possible violation of tos--if I thought long and hard --and drove myself to the brink--possibly there is an implied threat of 'bestiality'?

I go with Tina Turner/Proud Mary---'won't do hard anymore'--just won't do it.

some--enough--take it easy---whatever you do

powerful thoughts---i somehow feel certain we agree.

mmmmhmmm---Dante--enjoyed his writing--some good --perhaps 'great' ideas.

that is how I 'roll'. I also 'rock'---i will drop a name---Bob Dylan--wrote some good tunes./gavel

a very 'dangerous' woman--i have been told that a few times. :D

Little known "facts":

Ben's middle name was There

Formed brief business law partnership with Robert Donethat.

Ben, a Boston Boy

thanks for sharing that/middle name. never have I known that.

i named a wonderful gray cat, 'Ben' sometime around 1979. my students liked to hear about him, too.

the sort of damage that I was allowed to inflict on young minds---lol--a student from that class is now a veternarian. another one runs an online handmade craft site and seeks employment in careers related to biology---recently applied for a job and the ATL aquarium--didn't get it---and she would have been great.

the 70's---mmmmhmmm--what went 'down' ---possibly it was 'right'. hope so.:D

Durante degli Alighieri, mononymously referred to as Dante (UK /ˈdænti/, US /ˈdɑːnteɪ/; Italian: [ˈdante]; c. 1265–1321), was a major Italian poet of the Middle Ages. His Divine Comedy, originally called Commedia and later called Divina by Boccaccio, is considered the greatest literary work composed in the Italian language and a masterpiece of world literature.[1]

In Italy he is known as il Sommo Poeta ("the Supreme Poet") or just il Poeta. Dante, Petrarch, and Boccaccio are also known as "the three fountains" or "the three crowns". Dante is also called the "Father of the Italian language".[2]

do this for me---go out on the 'street' and ask people if they know about 'Dante'.

then give us a full report---i anticipate that you will find perhaps one person in 1,000 or even 10,000 that now knows of this man.

how serious--I think this is---i have no words to tell you.

keeping the Faith--like a candle in the wind. A Steel Magnolia.

but I prefer to be a 'KudzuQueen'---google kudzu and get back to me. spanx.:D

nuff said---we will get along well. :cool:

"seems like 'We the People' need to go back to The Beginning"

Dante looks forward to spanking you.

now do your homework before you get graded

hehehe---i won't even report you --for possible violation of tos--if I thought long and hard --and drove myself to the brink--possibly there is an implied threat of 'bestiality'?

I go with Tina Turner/Proud Mary---'won't do hard anymore'--just won't do it.

some--enough--take it easy---whatever you do

powerful thoughts---i somehow feel certain we agree.

mmmmhmmm---Dante--enjoyed his writing--some good --perhaps 'great' ideas.

that is how I 'roll'. I also 'rock'---i will drop a name---Bob Dylan--wrote some good tunes./gavel

a very 'dangerous' woman--i have been told that a few times. :D
go fuck yourself with an old musty copy of Poor Richard's Almanac

go fuck yourself with an old musty copy of Poor Richard's Almanac[/QUOTE]

right back at ya.

nft.

We do indeed live in 'interesting times'.

I have cried---decades as 5th grade teacher of US social sciences.

been around the www for a while--it has not escaped my notice --that there is a 'problem'.

Would that I could round up individuals that seem to be in need of remediation of some kind and introduce them to 'Ben'.

someplace to begin--seems like 'We the People' need to go back to The Beginning--hehehehehe---rapping myself on the hand ---the Very Beginning for some and for most back to the founding of the 13 colonies.

i believe there was some outrage because 'Someone' referenced the US as one colony---a few days ago---I am certain that we started with 13. cough.

but i digress as i do too frequently---'multitasking'---that's my problem---no further analyses needed. :tongue:

Enjoy. Expound to your heart's content.

a 'nice' teacher---always.

4th graders loved to hear my stories about him. Robert Lawson--old, old, old book and a very fine one---'Ben and Me'---he had a mouse, you see. Lots to discuss about 'that old white guy'. :D

~~~~~~~
Mr. Franklin>>

eta: not yet allowed to post the link. go to google---Franklin PBS.org--or anything that looks good to you.

Poor Richard's Almanac/morality.

Truthfully, that is what is on my mind tonight.

humming the Battle Hymn of the Republic as I type.

Once when I was teaching---middle school---it was the sort of daythatneverends---so many like that at times.

What I did to get everyone's attention and stun them into 'submission'---

I sang the Battle Hymn of the Republic. I sincerely meant that the grapes of wrath needed to be trampled right then and there.

and that is how I feel tonight.

oh, yes--Accountability--is on the way. Prayers have been answered. /gavel.

So........you're in your 'manic' phase right now, huh? Try to even it out.

shrug. live a little longer and when you are older and someone says this sort of thing to you--just let it slide.

ignore---if you cannot stand what someone else says---don't waste one minute of your life trying to 'correct' it.

it is verbal vomit---I agree.

mmmmhmmm--i have an acquaintance in FL---he is making $$$$$$$$$$$$---and enjoying his second career---served his country---in a style that is currently making the news.

got it?

it makes me sick. a lot of things that are frequently 'Accepted as Right and Good' are simply wrong.

nft.

shrug. live a little longer and when you are older and someone says this sort of thing to you--just let it slide.

ignore---if you cannot stand what someone else says---don't waste one minute of your life trying to 'correct' it.

it is verbal vomit---I agree.

mmmmhmmm--i have an acquaintance in FL---he is making $$$$$$$$$$$$---and enjoying his second career---served his country---in a style that is currently making the news.

got it?

it makes me sick. a lot of things that are frequently 'Accepted as Right and Good' are simply wrong.

nft.

You need to take your medication every day for it to even you out.

You need to take your medication every day for it to even you out.[/QUOTE]

thank you for the time you took to type that bit of advice--

to return the favor---since i don't have answers to my own questions --no one seems to---or if they do they aren't inclined to speak up/out.

questions--keep digging for the answers --seems to have been that way since the Beginning.

don't like Ben--there is Aesop--said pretty much the same?

it is a process.

i do like folk songs and a lot of music--no harm/no foul. no problems. :eusa_boohoo:
~~~~~
How many roads must a man walk down
Before you call him a man?
Yes, 'n' how many seas must a white dove sail
Before she sleeps in the sand?
Yes, 'n' how many times must the cannon balls fly
Before they're forever banned?
The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind,
The answer is blowin' in the wind.

How many years can a mountain exist
Before it's washed to the sea?
Yes, 'n' how many years can some people exist
Before they're allowed to be free?
Yes, 'n' how many times can a man turn his head,
Pretending he just doesn't see?

How many times must a man look up
Before he can see the sky?
Yes, 'n' how many ears must one man have
Before he can hear people cry?
Yes, 'n' how many deaths will it take till he knows
That too many people have died?

Are you at all aware that your posts read like this?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5Hd04mh9V4]Family Guy Opie - YouTube[/ame]

what can I say--a childish cartoon. ok.

you need to be heard--you need a response

we are finished.

closing the door softly

Forum List

Back