Ben Carson praises Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore in apparent break with Trump

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
From what I am reading it seems odd tat Trump would support his opponent, is this a dangerous move that could impact how his base views him?

Amen Brother Carson, fire from the hip:

"Judge Moore is a fine man of proven character and integrity, who I have come to respect over the years,” Carson said in the statement released by the Moore campaign. “I was delighted to hear he is running for the U.S. Senate. He is truly someone who reflects the Judeo-Christian values that were so important to the establishment of our country.”

Ben Carson praises Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore in apparent break with Trump

Dr. Ben Carson, secretary of the Department of Housing and Urban Development, on Friday praised Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore in the state’s contentious runoff, an apparent break with the president who is backing another candidate.

It's a break that doesn't mean very much. Roy Moore is the Judge that fought for the Ten Commandments in the courthouse. Ben Carson is the kind of evangelist that would support him. This is not a major schism.

So Carson has to toe the line on who he backs vs who trump backs? Since when?

This race is like a choice between chronic diarrhea and a chronic urinary tract infection. I will leave it to the reader to decide which is which.

I agree with Carson and others thinking for themselves, that's how the Democrats would be if they were free thinkers and not members of a Groupthink Cult..

I am not taking a side in this, as I didn't follow the election, more questioning Trump weighing in on this politically. He obviously is comfortable with the incumbent and believes he has his support. I just don't see the positives in this particular debate as they are both Republicans.

From what I am reading it seems odd tat Trump would support his opponent, is this a dangerous move that could impact how his base views him?

Amen Brother Carson, fire from the hip:

"Judge Moore is a fine man of proven character and integrity, who I have come to respect over the years,” Carson said in the statement released by the Moore campaign. “I was delighted to hear he is running for the U.S. Senate. He is truly someone who reflects the Judeo-Christian values that were so important to the establishment of our country.”

Dr. Ben Carson, secretary of the Department of Housing and Urban Development, on Friday praised Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore in the state’s contentious runoff, an apparent break with the president who is backing another candidate.
Is it a big deal because conservatives are supposed to be lock step robots that can't think for themselves?

Dumb

I have no respect for Ben Carson. He supports someone who believes that gays should be jailed. Moore is a religious fanatic.

Forum List

Back