Ben Carson: "I believe that you want the guy behind the counter"

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
GOP presidential contender Ben Carson recently recounted a time when he was personally held at gunpoint.

The famed neurosurgeon was a guest on Sirius XM Radio when he revisited the incident that once happened during a visit to a Popeye’s fast food restaurant:

“I have had a gun held on me when I was in a Popeye’s organization in Baltimore. Guy comes in, put the gun in my ribs. And I just said, ‘I believe that you want the guy behind the counter.'”

The comments come after Carson has received some criticism for describing how he would’ve confronted the Oregon mass shooter:

“Not only would I probably not cooperate with him, I would not just stand there and let him shoot me. I would say, ‘Hey guys, everybody attack him. He may shoot me, but he can’t get us all.’”

The Epic Comment Ben Carson Made When a Guy Stuck a Gun In His Ribs

Yeah, go shoot the guy behind the counter. Does Ben Carson sound like a brave man to anyone? He sounds extraordinarily hypocritical to me.

Dr.+Ben+2.jpg

Rain Man Ben Carson, idiot savant, maybe the dumbest presidential candidate of my lifetime.

GOP presidential contender Ben Carson recently recounted a time when he was personally held at gunpoint.

The famed neurosurgeon was a guest on Sirius XM Radio when he revisited the incident that once happened during a visit to a Popeye’s fast food restaurant:

“I have had a gun held on me when I was in a Popeye’s organization in Baltimore. Guy comes in, put the gun in my ribs. And I just said, ‘I believe that you want the guy behind the counter.'”

The comments come after Carson has received some criticism for describing how he would’ve confronted the Oregon mass shooter:

“Not only would I probably not cooperate with him, I would not just stand there and let him shoot me. I would say, ‘Hey guys, everybody attack him. He may shoot me, but he can’t get us all.’”

Yeah, go shoot the guy behind the counter. Does Ben Carson sound like a brave man to anyone? He sounds extraordinarily hypocritical to me.

A guy robbing a fast food store doesn't want to kill anyone. That's an entirely different situation from a mass shooting where the perp wants to kill as many people as possible.

A guy robbing a fast food store doesn't want to kill anyone. That's an entirely different situation from a mass shooting where the perp wants to kill as many people as possible.

So, why didn't Rain Man Carson just take the man's gun or rush him - instead of directing him elsewhere?

So, why didn't Rain Man Carson just take the man's gun or rush him - instead of directing him elsewhere?

Simple, because he knew the guy had no intention of killing him. A robber just wants the money in the cash register. He doesn't want a murder rap. A mass killer, on the other hand, has every intention of killing you.

It's pointless to explain this to you because you're obviously too stupid to understand.

Gotta love this crop of GOP candidates . The more they talk, the more crazy that comes out !

Gotta love this crop of GOP candidates . The more they talk, the more crazy that comes out !

What's even weirder is the reality that they hardly ever talk about maintaining our infrastructure, funding our science programs, reforming education or much of anything to do with our own country...If they do talk about it at all it is WE"RE GOING TO ABOLISH THINGS. Otherwise it is, I am going to cut taxes for the super wealthy and deregulate everything...

Republican tea partiers stink.

Have you ever been held up at gun point?
I have been twice.
Once as a patron when a guy stuck a gun in my ribs and said he'd blow my head off if I didn't give him the money in my sock.
The other time as a clerk in a 7/11 when guy comes in hands me Ice cream box and said put in bag along with money from register as he pointed the gun at me.
Both times I understand clearly that I wasn't going to be killed. The robbers were "professionals"! As the one guy said when I offered him by quart of beer I just bought
he said "I'm just doing my job"!!!

NO I have NO problem with what Carson said. Different situations call for different tactics.
Obviously Carson was talking about being killed in Oregon so why not get killed anyone attacking the guy? That was his point.
As far as his Popeye's experience again he was right! Why would he logically go along with the robber when he couldn't get the money...only the clerk could!
So yea in both cases based on MY experiences in having a gun pointed at me, I'd concur with Carson!

Anyone else have similar experiences?

Last edited:

What's even weirder is the reality that they hardly ever talk about maintaining our infrastructure, funding our science programs, reforming education or much of anything to do with our own country...If they do talk about it at all it is WE"RE GOING TO ABOLISH THINGS. Otherwise it is, I am going to cut taxes for the super wealthy and deregulate everything...

Republican tea partiers stink.

Well we've tried your methods for the last 70 years of my 72 year life and look where that's got us.
More people on food stamps.
More people on SS disability...why by the way? How'd they get disabled? Surely not from working!

More WASTING of all our tax dollars on:
  • The National Institute of Health’s Center for Alternative and Complimentary Medicine spent $387,000 to study the effects of Swedish massages on rabbits.
  • The Department of Interior spent $10,000 to monitor the growth rate of saltmarsh grass. In other words, the government is paying people to watch grass grow. On the bright side, they have not started paying people to watch paint dry.
  • The National Science Foundation has granted more than $200,000 to a research project that is trying to determine how and why Wikipedia is sexist. Wikipedia’s War on Woman?
  • The National Institute of Health funded a study to see if mothers love dogs as much as they love kids. Regardless of the results, this experiment cost taxpayers $371,026.
  • The federal government has granted $804,254 for the development of a smartphone game called “Kiddio: Food Fight.” The game is intended to teach parents how to convince their children to try and eat new healthier food choices.
  • The National Endowment for the Humanities has provided $47,000 for undergraduate classes that teach students about laughing and humor.
  • The National Science Foundation spent $856,000 to teach mountain lions how to walk on treadmills as part of a research project whose aim was to better understand mountain lions’ instincts.
Top 7 Wackiest Examples of Wasteful Government Spending from Wastebook 2014

And you want this kind of stupid ignorant spending to continue?

And you really think by gutting our ability to maintain our own nation is going to get you elected? hahaha Whether people are taking advantage of the welfare system or not...There's a hell of a lot more then just fraud and abuse that goes into running this country.

This is why your party will lose once again.

You do realize that not being a victim and just letting a shooter kill you without putting up a fight is one of the things they teach you in active shooter training....yes?

Everyone who works in corporate America, Heathcare Etc... Is required to take this training btw...

'
Who gives a shit what you think of an honest man, libtard?

Forum List

Back