Ben "BS" Shapiro Storms Out Of An Interview by a Professional Journalist

MarcATL

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2009
BS, aka Ben Shapiro's out peddling some new far rightwing rag of a book, and was on an established journalist show in Britain. He was being asked regular, basic questions concerning his own words and the BSer just couldn't handle it...

I often see this same type of behavior exhibited in the self-professed Conservative posters of USMB. When asked about their own posts and rhetoric, they huff, puff, pout, shout, stomp and/or simply run away.

So how many of you are BS fans?

Last edited:
Well, after that statement by Andrew Neil:

After Shapiro objected to that statement, Neil described the "fetal heartbeat" abortion bill signed into law this week in Georgia as bringing back "the dark ages." The bill would make it illegal to get an abortion if a fetal heartbeat can be detected.

I can see why.

BenSp.JPG

But Ben apologized for the misinterpretation. Of course, that's not enough.

Well, after that statement by Andrew Neil:

After Shapiro objected to that statement, Neil described the "fetal heartbeat" abortion bill signed into law this week in Georgia as bringing back "the dark ages." The bill would make it illegal to get an abortion if a fetal heartbeat can be detected.

I can see why.

View attachment 260285

But Ben apologized for the misinterpretation. Of course, that's not enough.

So what I'm hearing everyone say is that the "journalist" isn't a LEFTIST asshole, he's just a GENERIC asshole.

Last edited:
Incorrect Tyrone

I'm not a fan of Ben Shapiro, but I did watch the video. ...

His intent was to throw Shapiro off balance. This is standard fare Neil interviewing in an old vein of British journalism: getting under the subject's skin. Neil has taken the same course interviewing others who hold views antithetical to Shapiro. Consider his interview with a Greenpeace activist, or Labour's treasury chief, or the left-wing journalist Owen Jones.​

Of course, MarcATL doesn't seem to care. He gets his jollies when someone like Ben Shapiro was defending his statements. He doesn't like that. It makes look bad on whoever he is in favor of - which was Andrew Neil.

The basic point here is that Neil's style is focused on making interviewees uncomfortable so that viewers get a sense both of the interviewee and their passion or otherwise for what they say.

His intent was to throw Shapiro off balance. This is standard fare Neil interviewing in an old vein of British journalism: getting under the subject's skin. Neil has taken the same course interviewing others who hold views antithetical to Shapiro. Consider his interview with a Greenpeace activist, or Labour's treasury chief, or the left-wing journalist Owen Jones.​

Of course, MarcATL doesn't seem to care. He gets his jollies when someone like Ben Shapiro was defending his statements. He doesn't like that. It makes look bad on whoever he is in favor of - which was Andrew Neil.

The basic point here is that Neil's style is focused on making interviewees uncomfortable so that viewers get a sense both of the interviewee and their passion or otherwise for what they say.
What do you want me to care about exactly?

Do you think that the BSer conducted himself properly in that interview?

So what I'm hearing everyone say is that the "journalist" isn't a LFFTIST asshole, he's just a GENERIC asshole.

The BBC is the equivalent of America's ABC - another liberal media outlet. And apparently, the BBC still uses that exorbitant term of "journalism". When in fact, they're not.

So what I'm hearing everyone say is that the "journalist" isn't a LFFTIST asshole, he's just a GENERIC asshole.

The BBC is the equivalent of America's ABC - another liberal media outlet. And apparently, the BBC still uses that exorbitant term of "journalism". When in fact, they're not.
Post a list of who your brain considers to be journalists today.

BS, aka Ben Shapiro's out peddling some new far rightwing rag of a book, and was on an established journalist show in Britain. He was being asked regular, basic questions concerning his own words and the BSer just couldn't handle it...

I often see this same type of behavior exhibited in the self-professed Conservative posters of USMB. When asked about their own posts and rhetoric, they huff, puff, pout, shout, stomp and/or simply run away.

So he went through really old tweats.... and that's all he wanted to 'report' on?

Are you saying that you yourself, have never said something 10 years ago, that now you disagree with? I mean, isn't that the whole human experience, is that you have an opinion, you learn and grow as a human, and your opinion changes?

This is dumb. If this is all you have against Shapiro, then you have nothing. You are just trying to make up stuff to be angry about. Go find Jesse Smollett and make up more outrage.

What a wanker.
For Americans - Andrew Neil is a conservative, pro brexit shite. And I despise him. But he does nail this whiney little wanker who seems incapable of defending his various positions.
I guess american political extremists arent used to being asked those question things.

I've heard of Ben Shapiro.

I've not heard of Andrew Neil. What makes him a professional journalist? Give us a reason to care.

Art Buchwald
William F. Buckley, Jr.
Frances FitzGerald
Thomas Friedman
Ernest Hemingway
Christopher Hitchens

...just to name a few.
Interesting list..

At least half are dead, the other half, closer to be dead.

Many of them are, at least, now, or in the latter part of their lives, political commentators.

Not so much journalists.

Interesting.

So he went through really old tweats.... and that's all he wanted to 'report' on?

Are you saying that you yourself, have never said something 10 years ago, that now you disagree with? I mean, isn't that the whole human experience, is that you have an opinion, you learn and grow as a human, and your opinion changes?

This is dumb. If this is all you have against Shapiro, then you have nothing. You are just trying to make up stuff to be angry about. Go find Jesse Smollett and make up more outrage.
So why couldn't he have simply stated he no longer feels that way?

The point is, you can't go running around all over the place, squealing like a little girl about "The left is so violent and spewing violent rhetoric", when you yourself are engaging in the most violent and divisive rhetoric ever.

That's why he took offense to the basic, reasonable and necessary questions, because Neil had his ass dead to rights.

The bitch ass was getting pissed simply for being presented w/his own words and statements.

That's saying a lot.

But you'll continue to defend him, am I right?

Forum List

Back