Beltway Conundrum

DamnYankee

No Neg Policy
Apr 2, 2009
Had a hard time deciding where to put this thread.

Pelosi Vows Passage of Health-Care Overhaul
Defying skeptics in her party, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi vowed Sunday to overcome lingering obstacles and pass health-care reform in the House, restoring momentum to President Obama's top domestic priority and order to her own unruly Democratic caucus.
(By Shailagh Murray and Paul Kane, The Washington Post)
washingtonpost.com

My editorial comment: I followed the election campaign very carefully, and saw Obama's CNN interview with Wolf Blitzer where he was asked to prioritize his agenda.

And....

Recent House Votes
Statutory Pay-As-You-Go Act of 2009 - Vote Passed (265-166, 3 Not Voting)
On Wednesday, the House voted to reinstitute and update the Pay-As-You-Go requirement of budget neutrality on new tax and mandatory spending legislation.
Congress.org - Key Votes

Of course, the statute doesn't show up under Recent Senate Votes OR Upcoming Votes at this time. I suspect that there will be a significant delay here, given the fact that the "priorities" have been out of order since Day 1.

Cap & trade cost the dems heavily in popularity, they are not about to blindly put their collective heads on the chopping block for nancy again so soon.

I confess that I cannot stand listening to Pelosi speak.

I have that problem with most POLS when they're speechifying.

ROFLMNAO...

Oh ya gotta LOVE the "Moderates"... They HATE 'EM ALL! Except when it counts...

The one sure certainty of a Moderate is that they'll back whatever seems to be the most popular, at any given time; which of course in their addled mind is what makes them so 'independent'...

LOL...

Leftists...

ROFLMNAO...

Oh ya gotta LOVE the "Moderates"... They HATE 'EM ALL! Except when it counts...

The one sure certainty of a Moderate is that they'll back whatever seems to be the most popular, at any given time; which of course in their addled mind is what makes them so 'independent'...

LOL...

Leftists...

You need therapy, Pubie.

Forum List

Back