Below 1000? By the end of the week it'll be below 8000

Caligirl

Oh yes it is too!
Aug 25, 2008
Amazing - Here's the dow since friday, when the "necessary" bailout was passed.

dow2.jpg

If someone could edit the title to make the 1000 a 10,000 I'd be much grateful.

What? The "Crap Sandwich" didn't work? They said we needed it immediately else suffer market meltdown. I'm shocked that our elected officials would lie to us like that!
I'm Shocked I tell ya!

One year from today will we be talking about the former General Motors?

If American car makers can't finance cars, and at very sweet rates, too, can they really sell enough cars (in a consumer depression economy ) to stay afloat for one more year?

I doubt it.

Remember when the quip used to be what is good for General Motors is good for America?

Well, folks to great extent that is still true.

Consider not only General motors, but all the companies making their parts, and all their dealers, and GM finanical services, too.

Consider the fact that we are witnessing the decline in housing market and the auto market at the same time.

All I know is I sure picked a lousy time not to be independently wealthy.

The DJI really doesn't mean anything. especially now. Do you really think that all the companies traded on the NYSE are suddenly going out of business?

The truth is you can buy solid dividend paying stocks that could really boost your retirement in the next 25 years.

Good Stocks to Buy Now

If American car makers can't finance cars, and at very sweet rates, too, can they really sell enough cars (in a consumer depression economy ) to stay afloat for one more year?

I doubt it.

Remember when the quip used to be what is good for General Motors is good for America?

Consider not only General motors, but all the companies making their parts, and all their dealers, and GM finanical services, too.

Consider the fact that we are witnessing the decline in housing market and the auto market at the same time.

Not to worry. A foreign company will buy it up with Dollars they don't want anymore.

The DJI really doesn't mean anything. especially now. Do you really think that all the companies traded on the NYSE are suddenly going out of business?

The truth is you can buy solid dividend paying stocks that could really boost your retirement in the next 25 years.

Good Stocks to Buy Now

This country would be just fine without ANY of those 30 companies. I don't see what the big deal is. Move your damn money out of it and use your head. There is a bull market somewhere.

Last edited:
I think many of the tech stocks are in good cash positions.

Assuming, of course, they weren't carrying their assets in the form of Fannie Mae bonds, of course.

Not to worry. A foreign company will buy it up with Dollars they don't want anymore.

Yes, but is GM's management foolish enough to take payment in USD?

I'd hold out for payment in Yauns if I were them.

What? The "Crap Sandwich" didn't work? They said we needed it immediately else suffer market meltdown. I'm shocked that our elected officials would lie to us like that!
I'm Shocked I tell ya!

I'm afraid Bush didn't ram that legislation through to save the stock market... He has a different agenda.

What do you bet our e-mail campaign to thwart the original bail out of 4 pages played right into his hands for jamming through the 600 page version.

These are history making days... and not the fun kind!

-Joe

These are history making days... and not the fun kind!

There's an ancient Chinese curse. "May you live in interesting times."

People usually don't understand it as a curse until they actually have to go through those "interesting times".

Most corrections in the market average 45%.

We are now at 39%.

Not much farther to go.

don't laught, but why do you need a market? why do u need to sell stocks??

i know you need market to trade the dollar and the prices of things but why the stock?

Amazing - Here's the dow since friday, when the "necessary" bailout was passed.

dow2.jpg

If someone could edit the title to make the 1000 a 10,000 I'd be much grateful.

My God, what have republicans done to this country after 8 years of owning the white house, 14 years of owning the congress, and years of dominating the SCOTUS?

I doubt it.

Tell me about it. they can't give them away right now. Saw an add here for a Ford F-150, we're talking full size pickup truck, for $11,000 after rebates.

Good Stocks to Buy Now

Solid advice there SP. Lots of panic created bargains in the market these days, assuming you have spare cash on hand.

Not to mention, should the whole economy actually go down the shitter, how much warmer those over size stock certificates will keep you stuffed inside your clothes instead of the wallet size photos of Ben Franklin you'll trade for them... :eusa_whistle:

-Joe

Solid advice there SP. Lots of panic created bargains in the market these days, assuming you have spare cash on hand.

Not to mention, should the whole economy actually go down the shitter, how much warmer those over size stock certificates will keep you stuffed inside your clothes instead of the wallet size photos of Ben Franklin you'll trade for them... :eusa_whistle:

-Joe

That is good advice.

My Dad has dividend stocks from utilities.

He gets checks all the time.

Forum List

Back