Bells Palsy!

shhhh.....you ask the really bad question...how long....some people recover in weeks...some in months and in rare see that word rare...like a steak ..rare cases years...

one photo shows a thousand drools

well, I didn't mean it to sound that bad,, I mean it's just clearer to see that now,, you never know til you walk in the other guys shoes..don't hurt me,, I'm sick.:lol::lol:

I can empathize with people, not because I've walked in their shoes, but because they're human beings and they're suffering. That's all it takes for me. But, then again, I'm a bleeding heart liberal. How weak...

oh I know,, you liberals are all just so much closer to heaven than we Republicans.. all sanctimonious and pure as the driven snow..
no we just understand that everyone is not perfect and don't care how close they are to heaven.

I can empathize with people, not because I've walked in their shoes, but because they're human beings and they're suffering. That's all it takes for me. But, then again, I'm a bleeding heart liberal. How weak...

oh I know,, you liberals are all just so much closer to heaven than we Republicans.. all sanctimonious and pure as the driven snow..
no we just understand that everyone is not perfect and don't care how close they are to heaven.

not even remotely what I was talking about..

so what about hubby sleeping with ya? okay i will confess ...i drool...here are some hints...flip the pillow a lot...pick out an old pillow and cover it with a trash bag or not....and just try to hold a paper towel in your hand....

i hate this for ya...waking up ever morning and realizing ...yeap my face aint working

shhhh.....you ask the really bad question...how long....some people recover in weeks...some in months and in rare see that word rare...like a steak ..rare cases years...

one photo shows a thousand drools

Let's hope for option number 1. :)

so what about hubby sleeping with ya? okay i will confess ...i drool...here are some hints...flip the pillow a lot...pick out an old pillow and cover it with a trash bag or not....and just try to hold a paper towel in your hand....

i hate this for ya...waking up ever morning and realizing ...yeap my face aint working

No,, the problem is I can't close my left eye.. so at night when I'm laying on my right side,, my left eye is open and staring up at him like a dead person! kills the spark.. :lol::lol:

Last edited:
WillowTree, sorry about what you're going through. Came across an article in the Consumer's Reports (maybe you can get it at the library). It says on p12 of the July 2009 issue: "My patient had contracted Lyme disease from a recent tick bite and after 2 days of antibiotic doxycycline, her facial droop was gone."

Good luck to you.

WillowTree, sorry about what you're going through. Came across an article in the Consumer's Reports (maybe you can get it at the library). It says on p12 of the July 2009 issue: "My patient had contracted Lyme disease from a recent tick bite and after 2 days of antibiotic doxycycline, her facial droop was gone."

Good luck to you.

Thank You,, I will check that out. I don't even know if we have Lyme's disease here in Fla. but I will definitely look into it..

Good luck to you.

Thank You,, I will check that out. I don't even know if we have Lyme's disease here in Fla. but I will definitely look into it..

Bad on me. I meant to type in 21 days not 2 days.

I agree that it could be Lyme...but if you don't live or travel to where it is endemic, there is no need to worry about it.

May I ask where you live?

edit...I just saw that you live in FLA. I don't think they have Lyme in florida.

Unless you traveled, came in contact with a rodent, or near where a rodent was that had them I doubt it's LD. I do know that LD test often gives out a false negitive result. Being Fla is a low risk it still isn't out of the question either. People tend to think they can see a tick and able to remove it but some ticks are as tiny as a pin head and can be missed on inspection. It doesn't hurt to see a doctor, for Willow if you went to the doctor I'm sure she would order that test.

Take care and maybe get one of those night mask to wear when you go to bed, shades in the day to help protect the eye.

Lera

In Florida, 315 human cases of Lyme disease were reported during the 20-year period 1980 through 1999. Two thirds of these cases (209) were reported during the recent 4-year period, 1996 through 1999. Of these 209, 63% had a documented travel history outof the state prior to onset of clinical signs. EM was reported in 56% of the 209 cases.LD does occur in Florida but at a low prevalence compared with other states (notably the northeast).

Last edited:
lets see...her doctor told her that she has bell's palsy...didnt he? so let's not scare her anymore than half her face not working does....there could be a zebra in her state but lets not go looking for it....lets keep it simple stupid:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ez2-pHB1Zjw]YouTube - Donna Fargo "Funny Face" (1991)[/ame]

No,, the problem is I can't close my left eye.. so at night when I'm laying on my right side,, my left eye is open and staring up at him like a dead person! kills the spark.. :lol::lol:

as soon as i stop laughing.....

shit i cant stop....

not being able to close that eye must be a total bitch....drying out and all....

so how is it going daily.....can you feel more sensation...

word to hubby...man up and ride her like a tornado.....doggy style might be his best option.....

Forum List

Back