Believing In A God Is Evil

The OP is morally insane. Huggy has a right to not believe. Others have a right to believe. That's the Constitutional perogative of our country's citizens.

Anyone who interferes with those rights are operated by criminal intent and charged with criminal conspiracy.

The OP is morally insane. Huggy has a right to not believe. Others have a right to believe. That's the Constitutional perogative of our country's citizens.

Anyone who interferes with those rights are operated by criminal intent and charged with criminal conspiracy.
Slow down Jakey. Huggy is not asking to do away with religion. He is stating ``I submit that those that want so dearly to believe in a god get busy and prove this or any god's factual existence is true or admit they have been lying to themselves and promoting a lie to others and in doing so continuing to promote a giant fraud on society. Fraud is wrong therefore evil.`` He`s asking them to either provide evidence or admit they are lying. You can simply answer back No, I don`t need to do any of that! ...and then stick your tongue out at him.

I understand Huggy's program. He can't prove that God does not exist, so he wants believers to prove to him something he will not believe anyway. And, yes, I believe his ulterior motive is to take away the believers' right to discuss religious values in the public forum.

If we can agree that lying is wrong and spreading a lie is wrong and therefore evil. Then we must conclude that believing in god and preaching the belief in god is wrong and clearly evil.

There are only truths and untruths. Truths have factual evidence to make truth self evident. Untruths are any variety of statements, beliefs or information passed on from one person to any other not supported by facts.

Religious people want to believe what they say is true. That does not relieve them of the consequences of telling or believing a lie if what they believe turns out to be untrue.

These people want to believe that they are good. Wanting to believe what you think and do just isn't good enough. Those ISIS Muslims believe they are doing good when they cut off the heads of non believers. They believe just as strongly as any Christian believes what they choose to believe.

I submit that those that want so dearly to believe in a god get busy and prove this or any god's factual existence is true or admit they have been lying to themselves and promoting a lie to others and in doing so continuing to promote a giant fraud on society. Fraud is wrong therefore evil.

Hi HUGGY

what if we don't agree on defining faith in God to be lying?

What if faith in God means faith in love to be a stronger force than fear.
Is that evil?

What if faith in God means faith in life to be more worth living for than worrying about fear of death.
Is that evil?

What if faith in God means faith in truth, wisdom and knowledge to overcome ignorance and fear of the unknown.
Is that evil?

What if faith in God means faith in Good Will to motivate people on a more sustainable
lasting basis than ill will pushes people to commit evil.

What is evil about having faith that Good is stronger than evil?

isn't evil teaching that evil is the better choice over good?

Which way is it, HUGGY???

Hey Girl!

I agree with everything you said. Very much so. What I don't understand is why you feel the need to label these tenants as "god". Why can't you stand up on your own and take credit for the philosophy you have chosen to live by? You already have a daddy. Why do you feel you need to invent one?

It isn't my place to tell someone as intelligent you how to think. All I can do with respect is ask you to consider owning your wonderful ideas and enjoy the mind and the life that has come to these realizations.
I've told her that before too. Take God out and I agree 100%. No God necessary.

Want to know the funny thing? A Christian warned me to not listen to " new age" religious people like Emily. As nice and good as Emily is, the Christ worshipper said Emily was evil and Jesus warned about people like her.

Last edited:
The best advice the anti-Godists will get for themselves: "It isn't my place to tell someone as intelligent you how to think. And it is not your place to tell me. So let it go."

And just how long have the Jews and the Jesus freaks been selling the god nonsense? 3000 years?
I don't know, but I'm not trying to sell you anything, so don't try to sell me anything. See how that works?

You...I believe it was you...asked for some proof about evolution. I maintain that if evolution is true that most if not all of the god references in the bibles go bye bye.

There are a handful of folks that believe that evolution can be true independent of whether a god exists or not. From what I can tell you are not among that group. You seem to believe that god made man in his image of course independent of all other life on this planet.

As far as "selling" you anything I am not sure what you mean. I am "selling" the idea that telling and passing on lies is wrong and therefor evil IMHO.

Since there is no factual supporting evidence that god exists I maintain that god as understood by most organized religion is a bald faced lie.

It is a lie to suggest that believing in a god causes no one harm.. That is clearly a lie as shown by the clerk that won't sign marriage licences for the homos. Now I suppose you will run with THAT saying I am a homo lover..and I quote the homos or some nonsense. Fact is that the homos ARE human beings and the clerk is causing them harm. At least she was until she got her dumb religious ass arrested.

You asked for proof about the evolution and against my common sensibilities I did a quick search and provided some pretty good, easy to digest 411.

AND did you offer any factual evidence that god exists? No..you just started crying about my thumbnail offering.

I'm beginning to think you are not capable of playing a straight game. You just WANT there to be a god and that's that. What YOU are selling is your own personal need that there be a god. I have no such need so I guess it's NO SALE.

images

While you only appear to be here to shout how you don't believe in a God at all so you can criticize the beliefs of others. While in turn when other issues happen people like you deny that you are targeting those same beliefs with progressive issues. Then you wonder why the liberals support for any specific candidate is being shredded at the seams? It's because your far left beliefs are dissuading the moderates from supporting them.

*****SMILE*****

:)

You have been on this MB for about 5 minutes and you just show up and "know my beliefs"?

In this vague and hate filled post it is you that has shown YOUR agenda which has NOTHING to do with me.

Here is a heads up for you Sparky. I have never voted democrat in the 66 years I've been on this earth.

As a typical RWer you ASSUME you know everything and actually you only know what you are told to know by people(The Kochs) that don't give a rat's ass about you. If you had done any research on MY posts you would know that I have never praised Hillary or Obama. I have defended the OFFICE of the presidency as I believe every American should. Disrespect for the highest office on the planet is ignorant as it only makes us as Americans appear that we don't want to stand up for our country in the eyes of others, the terrorist types, that gain boldness believing that we are soft and stupid.

I am an old school republican as far as political leanings. Eisenhower was the last republican president that wasn't a glorified used car salesman or an actor. I am embarrassed to admit that I voted for Bush's daddy and young George and look where that got us. Herbert Walker invaded Iraq under false premise but at least he had the sense to pull out before he had destroyed the whole country. Dumb ass "W" driven by the most evil Americans ever close to the oval office in Cheney and Rove damn near bankrupted the country and invaded two countries based on lies. So I will NEVER ..I repeat NEVER vote for a republican president again. That doesn't mean I lean left. It means that republicans have become vile and crazy demigods with stupid religious agendas and will take our country to war with hardly a scrap of an honest reason.

But you don't want to hear a voice of reason do you. You have already made up your mind ..or better put ..someone is using you and has made up your mind for you. You think you know who is a liberal and based on this non existent proof go off running at the mouth about how this person or that person is a "lefty" or a "liberal". You REALLY don't have a clue what you are talking about. Lucky you that the internet is a safe place to hide. Where I live you would have swallowed most of your teeth by now because that's what happens to a-holes that tell lies on others.

Have a good day.

Hi HUGGY What about
God meaning the Forces of Life.
Do we really need to prove that "Life" exists, or can we just agree what we are talking about as real?

God meaning the Forces or laws of NATURE
Do we really need to prove that Nature exists, or can we just agree we are talking about something real?

God meaning collective truth or energy/matter in the UNIVERSE
Do we need to prove that the Universe exists, or can assume or agree that we
mean the same thing when we REFER to the UNIVERSE

Do you get my point?

isn't the issue really that
* we don't agree that these terms can refer to the same source of life
or
* we don't agree on how the RULES of Nature, Life or the Universe work
or
* we don't agree if we can reconcile on common truths GIVEN the differences we have

Whatever we call God/Life/Nature/Universal laws, this thing we call the default reality
is what it is. What we don't agree on is (1) which terms are better to use: secular or religious,
left or right approaches, focus on individual or collective (2) what is the nature of the process
or systems of life and humanity, are they geared toward good or destruction (3) and whether
or not people and groups CAN work out issues given these differences, which affects whether
we TRY to resolve issues or we "give up" and resort to bullying by exclusion or coercion to FORCE our way.

=====================

Some people are teaching that Good overcomes evil,
that it is better to make peace and include all people in a universal good will and higher goals for humanity,
and that having FAITH we can achieve this allows us to achieve it.

Others are teaching NO you cannot have any of these people teaching religions, because these are "wrong and cannot be corrected" (or are too much trouble to correct and need to be tossed out).
NO these CANNOT be at peace, and we need to change "that other group" to solve the problem
"and since that group WON'T change then the alternative is to force them and fight them down."

When all groups project blame "at the other one" then there is nothing but conflict,
competition and fighting to force the OTHER person/group to change.
This causes endless division, conflict, war, abuse and cycles of oppression and destruction.

Isn't THAT the problem.
It's not a matter if you believe in a personified God or not.
What matter is if you believe the NATURE of the world and of humanity
is headed for good, or is bounded for self-destruction that cannot be corrected.

If you have FAITH that the path in life is toward GOOD, then you would seek to establish this GOOD.
If you don't have faith that people can reconcile and anything good can come
of these differences and conflicts, HOW ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO ACHIEVE ANYTHING GOOD.

Can you see THAT is the issue of faith.
Not do you believe in a personified God,
but WHAT do you believe is the point, nature and purpose
of life and the workings in the universe, including humanity?

These beliefs if life is good or not,
do NOT require believing in a personified God.
That is NOT the point.

The point is what do we believe about life
and how does that affect how we treat each other
and act in this world.

If you mean the laws of nature say that. You confuse the conversation talking about God.

And seeing all the harm or baggage that comes with God, you aren't doing your case any favors, especially with how rambly you are. You're only confusing everyone.

Emily is very easy to follow, not confusing at all.

I just disagree with some of her points, as I do with most of the theistists and atheists here. The anti-Godists and the hard core theists are a different bag and should generally be ignored.

No because at the core of the argument or debate is that something must have created all this. Athiest disagree because we lack evidence. Theist believe because they can't imagine any other way. That's it.

Everything else is bullshit. Heaven, hell, angels, devils and gods. All bullshit.

You believe the unbelievable without sufficient evidence and that I find unbelievable.
Sounds like you're describing one of your own. Where's your proof?
Of what? Something that isn't there?

We're right back to where we were before moses supposedly talked to God. Before he came down with that lie some people believed. Moses' encounter just confirmed their belief. Soon they had a thick book to read full of fascinating stuff.
Of evolution. Yes, something that isn't there, moron. You're stoned again, aren't you?
So God planted a mosquito seed then a tardigrade seed and a separate polar bear black bear and grizzly and all the different birds? Tigers lions all the different fish rodents bugs spiders dinosaurs trilobites crab snakes frogs. That's your theory you'll put against a scientific theory? The highest honor an idea can achieve.
The difference is that I don't claim to have proof of creationism. You, however, claim you have proof of evolution but you can't produce it. Admit it's no more than a theory and we won't have a problem.
A scientific theory comes with tons of evidence or proof. Things that can be verified and tested. How the heck else do you think they came up with the theory in the first place? Seriously.

Now do you think the virgin birth story has any evidence or proof?

The fact you need me to show you the proof for evolution tells me you don't know the facts. Sad.

See that chawawa and great Dane? They both came from wolves. We did that over hundreds of years. So imagine what nature can do over millions of years.

Put it this way. If evolution were on trial there would be no smoking gun but there would be thousands of circumstantial evidence. Enough where you would find it guilty. But if you put God on trial you wouldn't be able to give 1 piece of evidence.

Evolution is a scientific theory. The highest honor a thought can have. God is only a hypothesis. Not even a simple theory. God doesn't even qualify.

And it's interesting Christians a few hundred years ago would kill someone for saying what I've said. So how sure are you if you are that defensive?

I just disagree with some of her points, as I do with most of the theistists and atheists here. The anti-Godists and the hard core theists are a different bag and should generally be ignored.
I'm only anti God because of people like that woman who won't let gays marry and Islam. Religion is a lie and I don't think it's good.

Otherwise, I just don't believe gods exist. What's wrong with my position?

Catch me up. What's your position? I'm going to go get a coffee. Be right back.

Live and let live.
Nobody ever walks up to another person and out of nowhere says, "you know there's no God?" But religion does try to interject itself into our lives. For example when they say this is a Christian nation or when their God informs them to discriminate against gays.

Live and let live.
You know I can go a whole year without ever hearing anyone mention God or that there is no God. So it seems for the most most of us follow your advice.

If it weren't for the media telling us some redneck hick clerk in Kentucky is still not letting gays marry we would all think this issue was over. So thank the corporate media for shoving this s*** down our throats

I understand Huggy's program. He can't prove that God does not exist, so he wants believers to prove to him something he will not believe anyway. And, yes, I believe his ulterior motive is to take away the believers' right to discuss religious values in the public forum.
Can't prove a negative. Celestial Teapot, Flying Spaghetti Monster...etc

Can't prove a negative. Celestial Teapot, Flying Spaghetti Monster...etc
Can't prove a positive?

You militant anti-Godists are so freaking girly in your angst.

Go watch a Taylor Swift vid, kid.

That's goofy. Just PRIVATE forums of which this one is...:lol:

Slow down Jakey. Huggy is not asking to do away with religion. He is stating ``I submit that those that want so dearly to believe in a god get busy and prove this or any god's factual existence is true or admit they have been lying to themselves and promoting a lie to others and in doing so continuing to promote a giant fraud on society. Fraud is wrong therefore evil.`` He`s asking them to either provide evidence or admit they are lying. You can simply answer back No, I don`t need to do any of that! ...and then stick your tongue out at him.

upload_2015-9-5_10-56-39.jpeg
upload_2015-9-5_10-58-19.jpeg

See that chawawa and great Dane? They both came from wolves. We did that over hundreds of years. So imagine what nature can do over millions of years.
There's your theory in a nutshell - IMAGINE. And the dog reference? Did the wolf, the "Chihuahua" and the Great Dane evolve into another species? No. If you have a provable case where this ever happened let's see it.

Forum List

Back