Believing In A God Is Evil

If we can agree that lying is wrong and spreading a lie is wrong and therefore evil. Then we must conclude that believing in god and preaching the belief in god is wrong and clearly evil.

There are only truths and untruths. Truths have factual evidence to make truth self evident. Untruths are any variety of statements, beliefs or information passed on from one person to any other not supported by facts.

Religious people want to believe what they say is true. That does not relieve them of the consequences of telling or believing a lie if what they believe turns out to be untrue.

These people want to believe that they are good. Wanting to believe what you think and do just isn't good enough. Those ISIS Muslims believe they are doing good when they cut off the heads of non believers. They believe just as strongly as any Christian believes what they choose to believe.

I submit that those that want so dearly to believe in a god get busy and prove this or any god's factual existence is true or admit they have been lying to themselves and promoting a lie to others and in doing so continuing to promote a giant fraud on society. Fraud is wrong therefore evil.

Belief in God is evil? Belief in God is in no way evil, believing in man's conception of God is the problem.

Belief in god is evil in that it requires one to accept an obvious lie and as most religions command repeat the lie. Therein lies the evil.

The perception of God does not have to relate to a religion. There is no lie if there is no doctrine.

True. My avie pic is a good example. So far Wilson has won more games than any QB in the history of the NFL in three seasons. IMHO that makes him a GOD!!!!!

I'd be more than willing to put evolution up to scrutiny in any kind of court.
The similarities of these species and the transformation from one to another is undeniable.
Bullshit. Name a species that anyone has proven to have transformed into or from another. And show your proof. You are so full of shit.

th

how about from one being into another ... quite fashionable among insects and undoubtedly possible from one species to another.

the same process in freeing ones Spirit, attaining the knowledge to join the Everlasting.

there is nothing in Evolution that is not derived from the unknown any more than the presence of an Almighty that rules the universe.

Proof. We're looking for proof.
You have no desire to look at proof. That is why you dismiss everything without watching or reading it. You have clearly shown that you fail to recognize the basic concept of evolution. You're in no position to demand proof for anything when you simply dismiss it without even an attempt to understand or review the material.

The similarities of these species and the transformation from one to another is undeniable.
Bullshit. Name a species that anyone has proven to have transformed into or from another. And show your proof. You are so full of shit.

th

how about from one being into another ... quite fashionable among insects and undoubtedly possible from one species to another.

the same process in freeing ones Spirit, attaining the knowledge to join the Everlasting.

there is nothing in Evolution that is not derived from the unknown any more than the presence of an Almighty that rules the universe.

You have no desire to look at proof. That is why you dismiss everything without watching or reading it. You have clearly shown that you fail to recognize the basic concept of evolution. You're in no position to demand proof for anything when you simply dismiss it without even an attempt to understand or review the material.
This may come as a surprise to you but you're not the first person to try to sell this shit. I've read that crap before, many times, and I don't intend to invest any more time in reading the same old shit again. No one could prove anything then and no one can prove anything now, including you. You give the same answers everyone else gives who try to sell that theory as I stated earlier in this thread. You fail to provide proof so you resort to rhetorical comments like "You fail to recognize the basic concept of evolution". That's the kind of "proof" you guys give. Sorry, but that doesn't cut it. When I read those claims of proof, I see a lot of speculation but the "proof" is always something like "Therefore, it appears that....." Proof would be showing documentation of a transition from one species to another, not two sets of bones that are similar. You can't do that, and we've seen NO examples of a transformation since science has been claiming it happens.
The bottom line here is that you believe strongly in your theory and you are willing to put your faith in it based on someone's speculation. That's fine if you want to believe it but until you have proof, REAL proof, you're just another atheist trying to convince others to be as gullible as you.

If we can agree that lying is wrong and spreading a lie is wrong and therefore evil. Then we must conclude that believing in god and preaching the belief in god is wrong and clearly evil.

There are only truths and untruths. Truths have factual evidence to make truth self evident. Untruths are any variety of statements, beliefs or information passed on from one person to any other not supported by facts.

Religious people want to believe what they say is true. That does not relieve them of the consequences of telling or believing a lie if what they believe turns out to be untrue.

These people want to believe that they are good. Wanting to believe what you think and do just isn't good enough. Those ISIS Muslims believe they are doing good when they cut off the heads of non believers. They believe just as strongly as any Christian believes what they choose to believe.

I submit that those that want so dearly to believe in a god get busy and prove this or any god's factual existence is true or admit they have been lying to themselves and promoting a lie to others and in doing so continuing to promote a giant fraud on society. Fraud is wrong therefore evil.
According to the entomology of the word "evil" one would have to believe in a 'God' in order to use the word......

The word evil is translated from the Ancient Greek word ubel, which is equivalent to the word azazel in hebrew. In Olde English, the word was spelt yfel and later ivell and evyl.

In the earliest meaning of the word, azazel was believed to be a demi-God cast down by the gods for his actions against humanity and doomed to wander the Earth never to escape until the end of time. In Biblican stories, this equates to the story of the archangel Michael and the story now associated to the history of The Devil.

Therefore the word evil in its earliest sense, is evil incarnate- the physical manifestation of ill, badness. The original meaning of evil as the title of the supreme bad spirit....
One-Heaven: About - Evil

Nonsense.

That may be the weakest reason to believe in a god I have ever seen.
Not really saying it's a reason to believe in God but without religion the word EVIL wouldn't exist

th

This may come as a surprise to you but you're not the first person to try to sell this shit. I've read that crap before, many times, and I don't intend to invest any more time in reading the same old shit again. No one could prove anything then and no one can prove anything now, including you. You give the same answers everyone else gives who try to sell that theory as I stated earlier in this thread. You fail to provide proof so you resort to rhetorical comments like "You fail to recognize the basic concept of evolution". That's the kind of "proof" you guys give. Sorry, but that doesn't cut it. When I read those claims of proof, I see a lot of speculation but the "proof" is always something like "Therefore, it appears that....." Proof would be showing documentation of a transition from one species to another, not two sets of bones that are similar. You can't do that, and we've seen NO examples of a transformation since science has been claiming it happens.
The bottom line here is that you believe strongly in your theory and you are willing to put your faith in it based on someone's speculation. That's fine if you want to believe it but until you have proof, REAL proof, you're just another atheist trying to convince others to be as gullible as you.

And just how long have the Jews and the Jesus freaks been selling the god nonsense? 3000 years?

According to the entomology of the word "evil" one would have to believe in a 'God' in order to use the word......

The word evil is translated from the Ancient Greek word ubel, which is equivalent to the word azazel in hebrew. In Olde English, the word was spelt yfel and later ivell and evyl.

In the earliest meaning of the word, azazel was believed to be a demi-God cast down by the gods for his actions against humanity and doomed to wander the Earth never to escape until the end of time. In Biblican stories, this equates to the story of the archangel Michael and the story now associated to the history of The Devil.

Therefore the word evil in its earliest sense, is evil incarnate- the physical manifestation of ill, badness. The original meaning of evil as the title of the supreme bad spirit....

Nonsense.

Not really saying it's a reason to believe in God but without religion the word EVIL wouldn't exist

How do you know THAT? You think there would be no word for evil if no one believed in a god? That's ridiculous.

Nonsense.

Neither would the word "good".

Nonsense.

How about the alphabet? Would we still have a way to write? How about the word nausea? That one makes me ill.

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Nonsense.

How about the alphabet? Would we still have a way to write? How about the word nausea? That one makes me ill.
:alcoholic:

It does come as a surprise to me as I really do believe you've read squat. This is demonstrated by the type of questions you ask and your responses. You keep asking for proof of a transition of one spieces into another but that is not how evolution works. Now this is one video just over 3 minutes. Please watch and then maybe your question will be answered or maybe you would like to rephrase it.

th

And just how long have the Jews and the Jesus freaks been selling the god nonsense? 3000 years?
I don't know, but I'm not trying to sell you anything, so don't try to sell me anything. See how that works?

It does come as a surprise to me as I really do believe you've read squat. This is demonstrated by the type of questions you ask and your responses. You keep asking for proof of a transition of one spieces into another but that is not how evolution works. Now this is one video just over 3 minutes. Please watch and then maybe your question will be answered or maybe you would like to rephrase it.

I really don't give two shits what you believe.

Noticed you dodged the evidence of evolution. How you making out on that flat earth of yours. :lmao:

Noticed you dodged the evidence of evolution. How you making out on that flat earth of yours. :lmao:

How you making out on that magic morphing theory of yours?

th

I don't know, but I'm not trying to sell you anything, so don't try to sell me anything. See how that works?

You...I believe it was you...asked for some proof about evolution. I maintain that if evolution is true that most if not all of the god references in the bibles go bye bye.

There are a handful of folks that believe that evolution can be true independent of whether a god exists or not. From what I can tell you are not among that group. You seem to believe that god made man in his image of course independent of all other life on this planet.

As far as "selling" you anything I am not sure what you mean. I am "selling" the idea that telling and passing on lies is wrong and therefor evil IMHO.

Since there is no factual supporting evidence that god exists I maintain that god as understood by most organized religion is a bald faced lie.

It is a lie to suggest that believing in a god causes no one harm.. That is clearly a lie as shown by the clerk that won't sign marriage licences for the homos. Now I suppose you will run with THAT saying I am a homo lover..and I quote the homos or some nonsense. Fact is that the homos ARE human beings and the clerk is causing them harm. At least she was until she got her dumb religious ass arrested.

You asked for proof about the evolution and against my common sensibilities I did a quick search and provided some pretty good, easy to digest 411.

AND did you offer any factual evidence that god exists? No..you just started crying about my thumbnail offering.

I'm beginning to think you are not capable of playing a straight game. You just WANT there to be a god and that's that. What YOU are selling is your own personal need that there be a god. I have no such need so I guess it's NO SALE.

You...I believe it was you...asked for some proof about evolution. I maintain that if evolution is true that most if not all of the god references in the bibles go bye bye.

There are a handful of folks that believe that evolution can be true independent of whether a god exists or not. From what I can tell you are not among that group. You seem to believe that god made man in his image of course independent of all other life on this planet.

As far as "selling" you anything I am not sure what you mean. I am "selling" the idea that telling and passing on lies is wrong and therefor evil IMHO.

Since there is no factual supporting evidence that god exists I maintain that god as understood by most organized religion is a bald faced lie.

It is a lie to suggest that believing in a god causes no one harm.. That is clearly a lie as shown by the clerk that won't sign marriage licences for the homos. Now I suppose you will run with THAT saying I am a homo lover..and I quote the homos or some nonsense. Fact is that the homos ARE human beings and the clerk is causing them harm. At least she was until she got her dumb religious ass arrested.

You asked for proof about the evolution and against my common sensibilities I did a quick search and provided some pretty good, easy to digest 411.

AND did you offer any factual evidence that god exists? No..you just started crying about my thumbnail offering.

I'm beginning to think you are not capable of playing a straight game. You just WANT there to be a god and that's that. What YOU are selling is your own personal need that there be a god. I have no such need so I guess it's NO SALE.
Tell ya what, if you want to shorten your posts to comments, rather than speeches, I'll answer you. Let's do one thing at a time, ok? I don't wanna have to write a damn book just to answer one post.

Tell ya what, if you want to shorten your posts to comments, rather than speeches, I'll answer you. Let's do one thing at a time, ok? I don't wanna have to write a damn book just to answer one post.

I'm not sure we would make any progress. We are both fairly well entrenched in our positions. I've developed my opinion about god over 60 years and you for your whole life I suppose.

I really don't expect you to abandon your god just because of what I say here on USMB. I am not going to ignore the facts supporting evolution and throw my hands up in the air screaming PRAISE THE LORD! PRAISE JESUS!!!!

This made me laugh: " You keep asking for proof of a transition of one spieces into another but that is not how evolution works."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

First of all..it's spEcies.

But aside from that...you do realize that Christians say the same thing when asked for proof? But you maintain your faith in an unproven (and unprovable) theory is somehow *different* and *more scientific-y*????

Anyway, when you're going to call other people ignorant, you might want to proof read your own retardism a little better.

Huggy's posts are historically rants without substance. Once in a blue moon he comes up with something valid, but it's very, very rare, and it's more of a chance occurrence rather than evidence of any ability on his part.

This made me laugh: " You keep asking for proof of a transition of one spieces into another but that is not how evolution works."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

First of all..it's spEcies.

But aside from that...you do realize that Christians say the same thing when asked for proof? But you maintain your faith in an unproven (and unprovable) theory is somehow *different* and *more scientific-y*????

Anyway, when you're going to call other people ignorant, you might want to proof read your own retardism a little better.

Get a load of this. This person seems to think to refute my point that finding a spelling mistake is all it takes and then they go on to insert a non word "scientific-y". I presented proof. Proof that you creationist retards can't even read, watch or acknowledge. Until anything I posted is addressed were done. The whole lot of you are the biggest cowards going. You clutch on to beliefs that require zero evidence (which is why it is called faith) and in turn demand proof or evidence of evolutuion which there are mountains of it. When it is actually presented in written form like is post # 25 or in the form of a video in posts # 29 & 90, not one person even attempts to read or watch this information, let alone refute or dispute it. None of you people are even looking for the truth. You cling on to your beliefs and will cry fowl at every corner without even reading, watching or comprehending anything that is presented to you. Creationists are the most dishonest people and they know it.

Now I know you could only come back with a spelling error and a strawman Koshergirl, I wouldn't expect anything more out of you, I think you would give us all heart attacks if you actually addressed the issues that were presented. You claimed "you do realize that Christians say the same thing when asked for proof?" but give no examples. You need to clarify what it is you are talking about. I pointed out that SJ clearly does not understand how evolution works by his example of questions. He says he has heard or read it all before but this is not true because his line of questioning has nothing to do with what evolution claims. In evolution a species does not give birth to another species. This is explained in full detail in both videos but creationists are unwilling to put themselves in a position where they can actually learn something. It's better to cry foul at something you haven't read or watched than to actually refute actual information.

Forum List

Back