Believe What They Say

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
Lots of links to video and more. Ah the RoP:

http://powerlineblog.com/archives/014874.php
August 03, 2006
The fire of the wrath of the peoples

MEMRI has posted excerpts of the speech by Iranian president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad that was broadcast earlier this week. MEMRI has also posted a companion video here. It seems to me to warrant the closest attention. In large part it consists of a sickening exterminationist diatribe against Israel together with an exhortation of Hezbollah. It concludes with a threat that is striking in its bluntness:

When I see the behavior of America, England, and their other accomplices in recent days, I get the impression that they are preparing even greater crimes. I warn them: Know that the fire of the wrath of the peoples is about to erupt and overflow. If you do not put an end to your crimes, know that the ocean of the peoples will soon rage. When the peoples begin to move, they will drag everybody to the defendant's bench, and will remove them from the throne of power.

Today, the Iranian people is the owner of nuclear technology. Those who want to talk with our people should know what people they are talking to. If some believe they can keep talking to the Iranian people in the language of threats and aggressiveness, they should know that they are making a bitter mistake. If they have not realized this by now, they soon will, but then it will be too late. Then they will realize that they are facing a vigilant, proud people.

Today's news coincidentally brings word that North Korea is working with Iran to develop its long-range ballistic missiles and building bases to prepare for their deployment. Is anyone paying attention?

UPDATE: Hugh Hewitt is paying attention. Steve Schippert is paying attention. Benjamin Netanyahu is paying attention. Power Line Video has posted the video clip of Ahmadinejad's "fire of the wrath of the peoples" speech here.
Posted by Scott at 06:15 AM

So can we attack yet? Fuck man, this is gonna explode and we're just sitting the fuck back doing nothing. Doesn't the gov't understand they DON'T WANT TO FUCKING TALK, they want us gone. Why can't we just fucking go and kick their ass.

America and allies = :sleepy1:

Are you ready to commit political suicide in order to go to war with what you perceive to be a threat?

PsuedoGhost said:
Are you ready to commit political suicide in order to go to war with what you perceive to be a threat?

Good point--I think the politicos are having to crunch a lot of numbers now to figure out the whose side they should be on.

-Cp said:
Me too. Bin Laden said, "We will get the Great Satan", they did. Hizbollah hit us numerous times in the 80's and 90's. Until AQ, they killed more Americans than any other group. I believe Mr. A, he wants Great and Little Satan now, Europe can wait.

Here's another good one:

http://memri.org/bin/latestnews.cgi?ID=SD123006
August 4, 2006 No.1230

Iran's Supreme Leader Khamenei: 'America Can Expect a Resounding Slap and a Devastating Fist-Blow From the Muslim Nation'; Hizbullah is the Muslim Nation's 'Front Line of Defense'; 'There is No Way to Confront... the Zionists... and the 'Great Satan' Except Through Martyrdom'

On August 2, 2006, Iran's Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei issued a communiqué to the Islamic nation, which was published by the conservative Iranian news agency Fars.

The following are excerpts: [1]

"...What happened in Lebanon has showed everyone what America's [idea of] 'human rights' [really] is, and has revealed the [true image of] the Middle East that the American government aspires [to create].

"Today, everyone realizes that the attack on Lebanon was planned in advance, and was a Zionist-American operation - a first step towards taking control over the Middle East and over the [entire] Muslim world.

"Bush and his American partners, who are to blame for the tragic events in Lebanon, will be considered just as responsible and accountable [for these events] as the evil and depraved leaders of the Zionist regime... The silence of the U.N. and most of the Western countries, and the support [provided by] some [Western] governments - such as the despicable and notorious British government - turns them into accomplices to the crime, to varying degrees. When humanity places them on trial, today and tomorrow, in demand for an explanation... and when they are required to account [for their conduct] before God, they [too] will be punished."Right there, he promises that every infidel's time will come.

"The American Regime Can Expect a Resounding Slap and a Devastating Fist-Blow From the Muslim Nation"

"Today more than ever, the Muslim peoples are disgusted and furious with the Americans. The Muslim governments, including those governments whose political statements stem from restrictions [that are placed upon them], are disgusted by the insolent and arrogant oppression and are opposed to it. The American regime can expect a resounding slap and a devastating fist-blow from the Muslim nation for its support of the Zionist crimes and criminals, after it has so brazenly violated the rights of the Muslim peoples.

"The Lebanese people's [resolute] stand and Hizbullah's heroic fighting, and their power to resist, which [is grounded in] faith, patience and trust in God, [all] constitute additional proof of the [spiritual] awakening in the Muslim world, and of its steadfast determination in the face of the vengeful enemies. The iron fist of the believing, brave and oppressed young men of Lebanon has now struck the hideous face of the aggressors, and has broken the cup of their intoxicated arrogance.

"The policy led by the Americans generates insecurity, crisis and war in this region. It is a well-known [fact] that the more insecure nations become, the more angry the peoples [feel], and this makes the world itself increasingly unsafe.

"America's and Israel's aggressive character and conduct revives the spirit of resistance in the Islamic world, [now] more than ever, and make the value of jihad clearer than ever." Again note, this is just an opportune time, any other time might work too, but NOW this is the excuse. If Israel is gone, another victim, whoops monster will be there. Get rid of US, Europe will be next, and so on, so on, etc. Why does this sound familiar?

"There is No Way to Confront the Barbaric Zionist Wolves and the Aggression of the 'Great Satan' Except Through Martyrdom"

"The Islamic world, and the Muslim youth in all the Islamic countries know that there is no way to confront the barbaric Zionist wolves and the aggression of the 'Great Satan' [i.e. America] except through martyrdom. Capitulation and obedience to the American politicians, and to those who instigate quarrels and internal strife [in the Muslim world], only increase their avarice and insolence, making their actions against the [Muslim] peoples more severe.

"If Lebanon had surrendered to the Israeli and American aggression, and if the fighting young men of Hizbullah and the oppressed people of South [Lebanon] had not taken upon themselves the anguish of this holy war, then the entire Lebanese people would have been threatened by more prolonged agony and by ever-increasing suffering, and this attack would have eventually engulfed the entire region."

"Hizbullah is the Front Line of Defense for the Muslim Nation and for all the Peoples of the Region"

"Today, Hizbullah is the front line of defense for the Muslim nation and for all the peoples of the region, regardless of religion and faith. As far as the Zionist enemy is concerned, there is no difference between a mosque and a church, or between Shiites and Sunnis. It is a racist, aggressive and bloodthirsty regime. If it encounters no obstacle, it will not refrain from [perpetrating] any crime against any sector or people. The peoples of the region, the [various] Islamic sectors, and the followers of the various religions in Lebanon and in all Muslim countries should unite and [stand] shoulder to shoulder, rather than allow internal disputes to bolster the enemy's strength.

"The Islamic [Republic of] Iran knows its role in resisting the aggression and belligerence of America and the evil of the Zionist regime - it will stand by any oppressed nation, and especially by the beloved Lebanese people and the fighting Palestinian people.Yup, up close and personal with launchers, missiles, and mortors.

"America is the one responsible for these tragic disasters, owing to its blatant support of the killing of Lebanese citizens, its firm opposition to a ceasefire in Lebanon, and the military, financial and political aid [it provides] to the Zionist aggressors. Now, by imposing its terms on the government and people of Lebanon, it means to oppress them doubly.

"There can be no doubt that this rebelling nation and these courageous fighters will not tolerate this type of oppression any longer, and will reject any decision except one that is based on their interests."

[1] Fars, August 2, 2006, http://www.farsnews.com/newstext.php?nn=8505110027.

PsuedoGhost said:

Screw politics anyway. You're damned right I would. Let's look at the choices:

a. Iran, pre- nuclear weapons; or

b. Iran possessing nuclear weapons

I vote "a." This has been coming to a head since 1979; yet, for some reason, there are those who don't want to quit putting it off and take care of business.

GunnyL said:
Screw politics anyway. You're damned right I would. Let's look at the choices:

a. Iran, pre- nuclear weapons; or

b. Iran possessing nuclear weapons

I vote "a." This has been coming to a head since 1979; yet, for some reason, there are those who don't want to quit putting it off and take care of business.

You're so right Gunny and as obvious as it is that all the WRONG things are going on, it really makes me wonder.--I refuse to believe everyone is too ignorant to see whats occurring. Im' not going to go conspiracy nut on ya but shit is going on behind the scenes.

dilloduck said:
You're so right Gunny and as obvious as it is that all the WRONG things are going on, it really makes me wonder.--I refuse to believe everyone is too ignorant to see whats occurring. Im' not going to go conspiracy nut on ya but shit is going on behind the scenes.

I don't know about conspiracies, but the willful ignorance is mind-boggling. "Let's pretend that while we screw around hedging for political position in the UN that Iran is going to halt development of nuclear weapons."

Yeah, right.

GunnyL said:
I don't know about conspiracies, but the willful ignorance is mind-boggling. "Let's pretend that while we screw around hedging for political position in the UN that Iran is going to halt development of nuclear weapons."

Yeah, right.

All I can ask my self is WHY ?
What possible motive could the world have to be so willfully ignorant?

GunnyL said:

Yeah, right.
Like the EU:

http://www.captainsquartersblog.com/mt/archives/007703.php

I was going to post the article, but it would have taken too much time to say the same things done here. Links at site:

August 03, 2006
Is Anyone Buying This?

The latest news on the diplomatic front of the Hezbollah-provoked war in southern Lebanon has the Europeans convincing Syria to pressure their terrorist proxies into accepting a cease-fire. According to Ynet News, Syrian dictator Bashar Assad has agreed to get Hezbollah to allow Israel to stop shooting at them:

The European Union has enlisted Syria's help to end the fighting in Lebanon as Damascus pledged support to the Lebanese government's plan for a settlement.

EU envoy and Spanish Foreign Minister Miguel Angel Moratinos said following talks with Syrian President Bashar Assad Thursday, Damascus agreed to play a constructive role in settling the conflict by pressing Hizbullah to accept a ceasefire. ...

He said Syria backs Siniora's seven-point plan to end the conflict. "Hizbullah's present stance is unanimous with the government, and Premier Siniora represents all Lebanese parties, including Hizbullah.["]

Syria has agreed to push Hezbollah into winning the conflict by getting everything for which they started this war. The Siniora 7-point plan is:

* Immediate ceasefire
* Return of "refugees"
* Exchange of Lebanese and Israeli prisoners
* Settlement of Shebaa Farms
* Extending Lebanese control into southern Lebanon
* Disarming all militias
* Enlarging the UN force and reviving the 1949 armistice between Lebanon and Israel

All of these issues will have to get addressed at some point, so none of this sounds outrageous on its face. However, at least some of this was supposed to be done in 2000 when Israel pulled out of Lebanon. The UN Security Council demanded the disarming of all militias in UNSC resolution 1559 as well as the deployment of the Lebanese Army to secure the south. The UN force predates the original Israeli occupation and has proven useless in keeping Hezbollah from conducting terrorist activity.

These demands amount to nothing more than an Israeli capitulation under the terms offered here. Hezbollah and Lebanon are only entitled to swap for prisoners of war, not for Lebanese criminals in Israeli jails. They want Israel to endorse the very reasons Hezbollah started this war in the settlement, before Hezbollah verifiably disarms. That's not a promising development -- it's the same ploy Mussolini used to get Europe to the table in Munich, and the same nations have fallen for it again.

If anyone thinks that this represents some move towards a compromise, then they have not paid much attention to this conflict. Syria would be delighted to broker this deal, and Israel would have to have rocks in its collective head to approve it. The time for these negotiations was over when Hezbollah abducted two soldiers and killed eight more in their initial invasion.
Posted by Captain Ed at August 3, 2006 08:52 PM

dilloduck said:
All I can ask my self is WHY ?
What possible motive could the world have to be so willfully ignorant?

People who live in a world of their own making based on their idealism have no clue when reality sets in. You have these Eurpoean knuckleheads, and many of the far left in this Nation who think that if we would just leave the ME alone, they would leave us alone because THAT is what they want.

The whining of these people for some reason reach the ears of our politicians who then become afraid they won't get a vote; while completely ignoring the fact that it isn't those nimrods that put them in office anyway.

I mean, what can you say about someone like John Murtha? Ted Kennedy? They're selling us out by their inaction because they can't differentiate between screwed-up idealism and reality.

GunnyL said:
People who live in a world of their own making based on their idealism have no clue when reality sets in. You have these Eurpoean knuckleheads, and many of the far left in this Nation who think that if we would just leave the ME alone, they would leave us alone because THAT is what they want.

The whining of these people for some reason reach the ears of our politicians who then become afraid they won't get a vote; while completely ignoring the fact that it isn't those nimrods that put them in office anyway.

I mean, what can you say about someone like John Murtha? Ted Kennedy? They're selling us out by their inaction because they can't differentiate between screwed-up idealism and reality.

You could be right--scary thought that the world can ignore the obvious and think somehow they are safe. One rocket hitting Tel Aviv could cause a repsonse that will shatter the world. And the Hizbullys have promised to do it if Beirut is bombed again----well guess what's happening right now ???? Southern Beirut is experiencing the Israeli version of "Shock and Awe".

dilloduck said:
You could be right--scary thought that the world can ignore the obvious and think somehow they are safe. One rocket hitting Tel Aviv could cause a repsonse that will shatter the world. And the Hizbullys have promised to do it if Beirut is bombed again----well guess what's happening right now ???? Southern Beirut is experiencing the Israeli version of "Shock and Awe".

Reality Clue #1: Threatening Israel amounts to little more than telegraphing your next move. It doesn't even slow them down.

Forum List

Back