Believe God

Book of Jeremiah

Platinum Member
Nov 3, 2012
The best way a person can to learn to believe God is to come into a deep and abiding relationship with Him through believing on His Only begotten Son, Jesus Christ. George Mueller was such a man. This is the true account of a steam boat captain who had the privilege of witnessing what it means to believe God. Jesus said:

If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.
John 15:7

image138.png

Wherefore, sirs, be of good cheer: for I believe God, that it shall be even as it was told me.
Acts 27:25

I went to America some years ago with the captain of a steamer, who was a very devoted Christian. When off the coast of Newfoundland he said to me, "The last time I crossed here, five weeks ago, something happened which revolutionized the whole of my Christian life. We had George Mueller of Bristol on board. I had been on the bridge twenty-four hours and never left it. George Mueller came to me, and said, 'Captain I have come to tell you that I must be in Quebec Saturday afternoon.' 'It is impossible,' I said. 'Very well, if your ship cannot take me, God will find some other way. I have never broken an engagement for fifty-seven years. Let us go down into the chart-room and pray.'"

"I looked at that man of God, and thought to myself, 'What lunatic asylum can that man have come from? I never heard of such a thing as this.' 'Mr. Mueller,' I said, 'do you know how dense this fog is?' 'No,' he replied, 'my eye is not on the density of the fog, but on the living God, who controls every circumstance of my life.'"

"He knelt down and prayed one of the most simple prayers, and when he had finished I was going to pray; but he put his hand on my shoulder, and told me not to pray. 'First, you do not believe He will answer; and second I BELIEVE HE HAS, and there is no need whatever for you to pray about it.'"

"I looked at him, and he said, 'Captain, I have known my Lord for fifty-seven years, and there has never been a single day that I have failed to get audience with the King. Get up, Captain and open the door, and you will find the fog gone.' I got up, and the fog was indeed gone. On Saturday afternoon, George Mueller was in Quebec for his engagement."
--Selected

If our love were but more simple,
We should take Him at His word;
And our lives would be all sunshine,
In the sweetness of our Lord.

Audience with the King - Streams in the Desert - August 17

Are you a follower of Jesus Christ who needs an answer to prayer? Read this and do it:

Two ‘Prayer Tips’ from George Mueller

Two ‘Prayer Tips’ from George Mueller

by George Mueller

1. Open Bible Before Him, and His Finger Upon That Promise, He would Plead That Promise, and So He Received What He Asked

One of the mightiest men of prayer of the last generation was George Mueller of Bristol, England, who in the last sixty years of his life (he lived to be ninety-two or ninety-three) obtained the English equivalent of $7,200,000.00 (Remember, this was written in 1924) by prayer. But George Mueller never prayed for a thing just because he wanted it, or even just because he felt it was greatly needed for God’s work. When it was laid upon George Mueller’s heart to pray for anything, he would search the Scriptures to find if there was some promise that covered the case. Sometimes he would search the scriptures for days before he presented his petition to God. And then when he found the promise, with his open Bible before him, and his finger upon that promise, he would plead that promise, and so he received what he asked. He always prayed with an open Bible before him. – R. A. Torrey on George Mueller; “The Power of Prayer,” 1924 (P. 81)

2. Mueller’s Discovery Was That After Meditating On Scripture He Was More Able to Experience a Meaningful Prayer time

_______
NOTE - George Mueller prayed in the finances needed to care for the many orphans God had called him to care for. He never prayed for money to consume upon himself. The money was for the sheltering, food, clothing - provisions of the many orphans he had been called to care for.

Last edited:
Five Conditions of Prevailing Prayer – George Mueller

From Answers to Prayer by George Mueller (George Müller) – 1805-1898

1. Entire dependence upon the merits and mediation of the Lord Jesus Christ, as the only ground of any claim for blessing. (See John 14:13, 14, 15, 16, etc)

2. Separation from all known sin. If we regard iniquity in our hearts, the Lord will not hear us, for it would be sanctioning sin. (Psalm 66:18)

3. Faith in God’s word of promise as confirmed by His oath. Not to believe Him is to make Him both a liar and a perjurer. (Hebrews 11:6, 6:13-20)

4. Asking in accordance with His will. Our motives must be godly: we must not seek any gift of God to consume it upon our lusts. (1 John 5:14, James 4:3)

5. Importunity in supplication. There must be waiting on God and waiting for God, as the husbandman has long patience to wait for the harvest. (James 5:7, Luke 18:1-8)

______
Look up these Scriptures in the KJV Holy Bible and know that what God did for George Mueller, He will do for you.

Romans 2:11 King James Version (KJV)

11 For there is no respect of persons with God.

King James Version (KJV)
Public Domain

How To Ascertain the Will of God – George Mueller

How To Ascertain the Will of God – George Mueller

From Answers to Prayer by George Mueller (George Müller) – 1805-1898

I seek at the beginning to get my heart into such a state that it has no will of its own in regard to a given matter. Nine-tenths of the trouble with people generally is just here. Nine-tenths of the difficulties are overcome when our hearts are ready to do the Lord’s will, whatever it may be. When one is truly in this state, it is usually but a little way to the knowledge of what His will is.

Having done this, I do not leave the result to feeling or simple impression. If so, I make myself liable to great delusions.

I seek the Will of the Spirit of God through, or in connection with, the Word of God. The Spirit and the Word must be combined. If I look to the Spirit alone without the Word, I lay myself open to great delusions also. If the Holy Ghost guides us at all, He will do it according to the Scriptures and never contrary to them.

Next I take into account providential circumstances. These often plainly indicate God’s Will in connection with His Word and Spirit.

I ask God in prayer to reveal His Will to me aright.

Thus, through prayer to God, the study of the Word, and reflection, I come to a deliberate judgment according to the best of my ability and knowledge, and if my mind is thus at peace, and continues so after two or three more petitions, I proceed accordingly. In trivial matters, and in transactions involving most important issues, I have found this method always effective.

Forum List

Back