Belgium Euthanizes Deaf Twins Going Blind

Michelle420

Diamond Member
Jan 6, 2013
The Bee Hive State
Two deaf twin brothers in Belgium were euthanized by their doctor after realizing they were going blind and would be unable to see each other ever again, their physician says.

The 45-year-old men, whose names have not been made public, were legally put to death by lethal injection at the Brussels University Hospital in Jette, on Dec. 14.

The men, who were born deaf, had a cup of coffee and said goodbye to other family members before walking into hospital room together to die, their doctor told Belgian television station RTL.

“They were very happy. It was a relief to see the end of their suffering,” said Dr. David Dufour.

Belgium Euthanizes Deaf Twins Going Blind - ABC News

How long before we do that here?

Two deaf twin brothers in Belgium were euthanized by their doctor after realizing they were going blind and would be unable to see each other ever again, their physician says.

The 45-year-old men, whose names have not been made public, were legally put to death by lethal injection at the Brussels University Hospital in Jette, on Dec. 14.

The men, who were born deaf, had a cup of coffee and said goodbye to other family members before walking into hospital room together to die, their doctor told Belgian television station RTL.

“They were very happy. It was a relief to see the end of their suffering,” said Dr. David Dufour.

Soon I hope. One has no choice about being brought into this world but one should have a choice as to when and how they leave it.

Soon I hope. One has no choice about being brought into this world but one should have a choice as to when and how they leave it.

Will Obamacare speed that possibility along?

so, helen keller should have been euthanized instead of meeting a natural death at age 87?
Some people are truly sick.

if that's what she wanted? Sure.

so by extension, every depressed person who wants to die should be euthanized by their doctor instead of receiving treatment?
By that logic, my bi-polar mother, brother and sister should all be dead.

well with that much mental illness in the family you should all at least be sterilized for the greater good of the human gene pool

So, Helen Keller should have been euthanized instead of meeting a natural death at age 87?

If that's what she wanted? Sure.

So by extension, every depressed person who wants to die should be euthanized by their doctor instead of receiving treatment?

Are you suggesting Helen Keller was not capable of making rational decisions about her life?

if that's what she wanted? Sure.

so by extension, every depressed person who wants to die should be euthanized by their doctor instead of receiving treatment?

well with that much mental illness in the family you should all at least be sterilized for the greater good of the human gene pool
You need to become better informed about mental heath.
Kurac.

You need to become better informed about mental heath.
Kurac.

Do you feel there is a distinction between mental and physical conditions in allowing someone the choice to die, or are you against both?

Anybody who isn't enjoying life and is suffering is entitled to make their own decision about carrying on. It's called free will.

Having said that, If I were in their place I would be very reluctant to do it, because I have strong feelings that suicide solves nothing and perhaps we will be in even worse condition and we will suffer even more if we take our lives before our time has come ...as I believe there is life after death.

No dear, there's no Santa clause, no tooth faerie, and no death panels.

I believe in Santa Claus.

I also believe in living as best I can with what I have been dealt. Nonetheless, I would not criticize anyone who chose to die unless their death adversely effected another person, such as a young child and choosing to die was merely an option.

So, Helen Keller should have been euthanized instead of meeting a natural death at age 87?

If that's what she wanted? Sure.

So by extension, every depressed person who wants to die should be euthanized by their doctor instead of receiving treatment?

I didn't make that logical leap..you did.

Forum List

Back