Belfast Riots: 22 Police Injured By Northern Irish Catholic Militants

END THE OCCUPATION NOW!

Always the Middle East, Palestinians and Jews. No one ever talks about the English occupation of Ireland...

They can keep the Chithole™, as a irish national i have no problems with the } UK { keeping Northern Ireland.

What i really think is outsiders should mind their own business. Let the people that live there figure out how they want to live.

As far as England, that place is full of Germans something has to be done about that i grant you, start with the monarchy please.

:clap2:

Christ. I thought the Irish had finally grown up there for a while. That didn't last too long.

Grown up, what does that mean?

Should they 'grow up' like the US and their "allies" and go around blitzing third world countries :cuckoo:

Indeed. The other place the UK has these sectarian problems, admittedly to a much lesser degree is where the main supporters of the Orange Order are outside Ireland- Scotland. Don't get me wrong, they are a tiny minority in Scotland but an embarrassing minority none the less.

We are trying to sort it out. Most of it comes out at football matches but there has been a serious problem this year. We are now thinking of stopping religious schools.

I think Northern Ireland would benefit from that too. It is far harder to keep stereotypes in your mind if you actually know the people as your friends.

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: Campaigners want end of RC schools to end bigotry shame - but maybe not I see at the bottom.

However research has also shown that we have very little prejudice against Muslims from people who have recently left school. This is put down to the school experience they had together.

I can't see the trouble in NI ending untill the constitutional issue is dealt with in a more comprehensive manner, the sectarianism is a result of the constitutional uncertainty...

Explain a bit more

Where to start:

The UK maintains the partition of Ireland against the wishes of the majority. The Nationalists in NI want to join with the Republic of Ireland, but the Unionists want to stay within the UK.

The current agreement is a cobbling together of the various factions and an attempt to fullfill their desires while not denying the desires of the other faction. There remains enough constitutional uncertainty to mean that there is not the stability required to avoid conflict particularly during the marching season.

IMO there is enough intelligence within the political and community establishments to creep closer to a new constitutional arrangement that will bring greater stability.

r-BELFAST-RIOTS-large570.jpg

Christianity..religion of peace..dont'cha know.

I thought only Blacks and Muslims had riots.

The Irish used to be called the blacks of Europe, because they were colonised :eek:

I can't see the trouble in NI ending untill the constitutional issue is dealt with in a more comprehensive manner, the sectarianism is a result of the constitutional uncertainty...

Explain a bit more

Where to start:

The UK maintains the partition of Ireland against the wishes of the majority. The Nationalists in NI want to join with the Republic of Ireland, but the Unionists want to stay within the UK.

The current agreement is a cobbling together of the various factions and an attempt to fullfill their desires while not denying the desires of the other faction. There remains enough constitutional uncertainty to mean that there is not the stability required to avoid conflict particularly during the marching season.

IMO there is enough intelligence within the political and community establishments to creep closer to a new constitutional arrangement that will bring greater stability.

...and on that; recently the President of Sinn Féin has said that a federated Ireland could be seen as a final settlement. This is recognised as a substantial statement for the Republican leader to make. :eusa_eh:

Explain a bit more

Where to start:

...and on that; recently the President of Sinn Féin has said that a federated Ireland could be seen as a final settlement. This is recognised as a substantial statement for the Republican leader to make. :eusa_eh:

Thanks Urbanguerrilla,

Just on the issue of Constitustional uncertainty, when you first put that up I did a search and could not find anything.

What I understood was that the people of NI had the right to vote for reunion with Eire.

As you say there is certainly not the desire for that among the Unionists and I doubt there ever would be and last time I looked there did not even seem to be the desire among Catholics.

recently the President of Sinn Féin has said that a federated Ireland could be seen as a final settlemen
Do you have a link for this because I did a search on that and could only find things dated 1995

As I see it the situation is as it is and will remain that way unless the people of NI vote for change.

In 1969 most Catholics did not even have the vote and peaceful marches had been met by violence.

It was a different situation and it was one which the US provided vast funds to enable.

The situation is quite different now. Eire has long lost interest. Any disturbances are being dealt with by the police.

I would go for non religious schools and trying to mix the community as well as possible, in addition to making sure there is equal opportunities.

A United Ireland may be the eventual solution but it will only happen when the people vote for it and imo that will only happen when they have managed to let go of the past.

Last edited:
Media Puddle

Is media coverage a good thing, or does it add fuel to the fire?

I'm originally from India, but I was educated in the USA (Dartmouth College), and I have residency incentives in Amsterdam, Holland. I conduct a Judeo-Christian sabbatical during which I study culture and divinity. I'm a big fan of populism art such as comic books. I peruse various culture-relevant videos on YouTube and on international TV.

Crossing IRA-relevant news on the Internet is significant for advocates of democracy as well as for general students of globalization trends as presented in today's 'user-friendly' media.

There could be more news about the recent risen global popularity of the Irish Riverdance festivities to complement the modern age news of Belfast troubles. People need culture stimulation alongside 'politics water guns.'

YouTube's coverage of IRA-related developments reflects a social investment in bringing political intrigue to home computers. The people of Belfast should feel connected to 'global rallies.'

:arrow:

The Devil s Own - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

drummer.jpg

Forum List

Back