Beleaguered Komen Foundation saying adios to top execs

NYcarbineer

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2009
Finger Lakes, NY
Remember Komen? Remember that episode?

When Komen tried to screw over Planned Parenthood and got swamped in a backlash. Well, they're still suffering and now they're going for the makeover by getting rid of some of the villains at the top:

Leadership changes at the Susan G. Komen Foundation for the Cure six months after an online uproar over a decision to cut funds for breast cancer screenings at Planned Parenthood was greeted with skepticism on Thursday among breast cancer advocates and longtime former supporters.

Nancy G. Brinker, the founder, is stepping aside as chief executive to take on a new management role focusing on fund-raising, strategy and global growth, as my colleague Michael Schwirtz reports.

The president, Liz Thompson, and two board members also announced on Wednesday they were leaving Komen, the nation’s leading breast cancer advocacy organization, officials announced in a statement.

Donations plummeted at varying levels across the country from 5 percent to 30 percent, Komen officials said. Events were canceled and volunteer participation at walks and runs declined. Several executives resigned in recent months.

Komen's Leadership Changes Are Met With Skepticism - NYTimes.com

I guess all those conservative Planned Parenthood haters who were going to pick up the slack didn't come through.:lol:

Remember Komen? Remember that episode?

When Komen tried to screw over Planned Parenthood and got swamped in a backlash. Well, they're still suffering and now they're going for the makeover by getting rid of some of the villains at the top:

Leadership changes at the Susan G. Komen Foundation for the Cure six months after an online uproar over a decision to cut funds for breast cancer screenings at Planned Parenthood was greeted with skepticism on Thursday among breast cancer advocates and longtime former supporters.

Nancy G. Brinker, the founder, is stepping aside as chief executive to take on a new management role focusing on fund-raising, strategy and global growth, as my colleague Michael Schwirtz reports.

The president, Liz Thompson, and two board members also announced on Wednesday they were leaving Komen, the nation’s leading breast cancer advocacy organization, officials announced in a statement.

Donations plummeted at varying levels across the country from 5 percent to 30 percent, Komen officials said. Events were canceled and volunteer participation at walks and runs declined. Several executives resigned in recent months.

Komen's Leadership Changes Are Met With Skepticism - NYTimes.com

I guess all those conservative Planned Parenthood haters who were going to pick up the slack didn't come through.:lol:

Or those women decided that they were no longer OK with the money they raised going to paying for abortions instead of mammograms...

most of them are all talk anyways....they rather go feed themselves chicken and hate gays by proxy...

Let me get this straight, lefties are high fiving because the profit motivated corporation, Planned Parenthood, slapped down a breast cancer charity fund, Komen foundation. What's the point?

Forum List

Back