Belaboring the obvious

Merlin1047

Mar 28, 2004
AL
http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/10/24/142258.shtml

Heinz Kerry Called Political 'Disaster'

Her remarks early last week criticizing first lady Laura Bush for never having "a real job" show that Teresa Heinz Kerry is a political "disaster," two of John Kerry's biggest media supporters said Sunday.

"Let me just say the obvious," former New Republic editor Andrew Sullivan told NBC's "Chris Matthews Show." "She is a disaster."

"I vote with Andrew," Newsweek correspondent Howard Fineman quickly added. "Listening to talk radio in Ohio, that's all they were talking about: Teresa Heinz."

The negative assessment came after both Sullivan and Fineman offered predictions that Bush was in trouble in battleground states. For months, Sullivan has openly backed Kerry on his daily blog.

While disagreeing that Heinz Kerry was a disaster, NBC's Andrea Mitchell acknowledged that her remarks sounded like "a put-down of little people."
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"a put-down of little people"???????????? Say WHAT? Did Theresa bad mouth vertically challenged folks? Or is this NBC airhead referring to you and me as "little people"? I'd love to meet her just long enough to give her a fat lip. What is it with some of these dingbats that when you put them in front of a camera, they start having delusions of grandeur? I guess the Streisand syndrome must be contagious.

Merlin, WHY are you so suprised?!

That "little people" comment was straight from the heart of liberals. They must guide the unwashed masses. Of course she let her true feelings about the American people, or the little people, slip; something that other Democrats do a better job of keeping somewhat covered up.

Merlin1047 said:

Her remarks early last week criticizing first lady Laura Bush for never having "a real job" show that Teresa Heinz Kerry is a political "disaster," two of John Kerry's biggest media supporters said Sunday.

"Let me just say the obvious," former New Republic editor Andrew Sullivan told NBC's "Chris Matthews Show." "She is a disaster."

"I vote with Andrew," Newsweek correspondent Howard Fineman quickly added. "Listening to talk radio in Ohio, that's all they were talking about: Teresa Heinz."

The negative assessment came after both Sullivan and Fineman offered predictions that Bush was in trouble in battleground states. For months, Sullivan has openly backed Kerry on his daily blog.

While disagreeing that Heinz Kerry was a disaster, NBC's Andrea Mitchell acknowledged that her remarks sounded like "a put-down of little people."

"a put-down of little people"???????????? Say WHAT? Did Theresa bad mouth vertically challenged folks? Or is this NBC airhead referring to you and me as "little people"? I'd love to meet her just long enough to give her a fat lip. What is it with some of these dingbats that when you put them in front of a camera, they start having delusions of grandeur? I guess the Streisand syndrome must be contagious.

Being one of the little people it is awfully hard for me to explain how the big people think.

theim said:
Merlin, WHY are you so suprised?!

That "little people" comment was straight from the heart of liberals. They must guide the unwashed masses. Of course she let her true feelings about the American people, or the little people, slip; something that other Democrats do a better job of keeping somewhat covered up.

I guess I'm not surprised. Sometimes I just get tired of the "holier-than-thou" and "smarter-than-you" attitude exhibited by people who have no right whatever to have either one.

Merlin1047 said:

sarcasm/
I am totally surprised that John Kerry's liberal media supporters are bad-mouthing Theresa Heinz!

I mean, look at her! She is the epitome of a liberal: know-it-all, knows-better-than-you, in her case rich but will use your money instead, really cares about the middle class but disses teachers, at-home mothers, and children when expedient, has that international orientation, has that drugged-out hippie look....

-=d=- said:
I'd bet Laura Bush is a MUCH better lover... :)

While i have no doubt that the Presidents wife is probably better, the whole idea of finding out by comparing both women sickens me. I dont think there is a paper back big enough to get me interested in Theresa long enough to actually compare them.

Time for the all-knowing Hobbit to give his on high opinion to the masses in small enough words that even they can understand it.

Teresa Heinz, Hollywierd, the DNP, John Kerry, they all live their own world. Imagine, if you will, a world where almost nobody has a job. Imagine a world where starring in a few movies educates you as well as, if not better than, a Harvard degreee. Imagine a world where anybody with a nice house and a couple of decent cars would be more likely to steal a homeless man's cup than put a quarter in it...that is, unless they vote Democrat. Imagine a world where the only way to make a problem go away is to throw money at it. Imagine a world where everything is allowable, Christians are militant and hateful, and the only people who disagree with you only do so for their own personal interest or out of utter hatred brought on by brainwashing. This world, my friends, exists. It exists in the mind of every one of these nuts. They all think that this is how the real world is. In the world that exists in the brain of Teresa Heinz, only a few people are actually intelligent enough to vote properly and the unwashed masses...that's you and me...must be told how to vote by these enlightened few, because we're too stupid to not vote for Bush. Oh yeah, that's another thing in their world. In their world, Bush is so stupid that he can't even tie his own shoes, much less run the country, yet smart and evil enough to deploy our armies to get money for himself and Satan, er, Dick Cheney AND cover it up. They don't live in the real world. That's why nothing they say makes sense.

P.S. Blue collar guys don't typically wind surf. Blue collar guys hunt, camp, barhop, and play sports.

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp
I dont really blame the candidates or their wives for some mistatements, after days and days on the campaign trail it must all get sort of fuzzy .
For those of you hung up on THK's incorrect remark, remember Cheney said he never met Edwards before being on stage with him at the debate and Bush saying to the affect that he didnt really worry about Osama, or his comment about ya wanna buy some wood when he choked about owning (or at least declaring earnings from) a timber company. Im sure there is an endless list of this sort of stuff. Careful, getting hung up in this gotcha stuff is pointless .

sagegirl said:
I dont really blame the candidates or their wives for some mistatements, after days and days on the campaign trail it must all get sort of fuzzy .
For those of you hung up on THK's incorrect remark, remember Cheney said he never met Edwards before being on stage with him at the debate and Bush saying to the affect that he didnt really worry about Osama, or his comment about ya wanna buy some wood when he choked about owning (or at least declaring earnings from) a timber company. Im sure there is an endless list of this sort of stuff. Careful, getting hung up in this gotcha stuff is pointless .

The difference is: THK Insults people. She doesn't just 'mis speak'

Here's my question:

What job has Teresa had?

As far as I understand it she hasn't had a job in her life at all other than being a Senator's wife and an heiress.

no1tovote4 said:
Here's my question:

What job has Teresa had?

As far as I understand it she hasn't had a job in her life at all other than being a Senator's wife and an heiress.

She has a job; she's a philanthropist. No kidding.

Forum List

Back