Being right didn't save Jimmy the Greek...

Of course they weren't. They were fired with help from the PC police.

-TSO

Then why is Limbaugh calling Harry Reid racist?

I haven't heard anything from Rush to know if he did or didn't call Reid a racist. Do you have something to back up this claim? I'm sure he has asked for Reid to have his leadership role removed, but has he specifically called Reid a racist?

-TSO

yeah.. because "all that's left to the white guys is the coaching jobs"

and

"they're keeping him around as QB just because he's black"

are exactly the same as:

the american people will be comfortable enough with him to vote for him. (which is really all he said).

but you know, it's not like there were enough threads on this subject anyway.

Well, yeah, sort of. They'll be comfortable because he's neither dark skinned nor speaks with a negro dialect. Wonder what his take would have been if the light skinned Barry did speak in a negro dialect all the time? Wish someone would axe him dat.

yeah.. because "all that's left to the white guys is the coaching jobs"

and

"they're keeping him around as QB just because he's black"

are exactly the same as:

the american people will be comfortable enough with him to vote for him. (which is really all he said).

but you know, it's not like there were enough threads on this subject anyway.

Well, yeah, sort of. They'll be comfortable because he's neither dark skinned nor speaks with a negro dialect. Wonder what his take would have been if the light skinned Barry did speak in a negro dialect all the time? Wish someone would axe him dat.

I thought his take was perfectly clear. That Americans would not vote for someone with a negro dialect.

To be fair, I don't think they would vote for someone with a redneck dialect or with a heavy Brooklyn dialect.

what he actually said was
Nothing. He shouldn't have been fired.

Funny about Rush, though. I was just reading that the sportswriter that kicked off the controversy wasn't claiming Rush was racist against blacks...but that Rush was claiming the media was racist.

:lol:
I think this is the way I would read it too.
One of the persistent memes of Rush is the "Bigotry of low expectations"

Liberals assume that Blacks are stupid, venial and sex obsessed. Therefore anything they do wrong is excused, as they can't help themselves.

Rush argues that this is a disservice to most blacks, who are none of these things, but those who are become the template for Liberal policy toward them
Where do you get this shit from? :cuckoo: Methinks you are projecting.

This one quote of Rush's doesn't mean he's racist, it's his body of work that shows he is.

I have been on computer boards since the great old days of CompuServe back in the early 80's I have been watching liberals for a good long time, and this is what I see them saying whenever something big happens in the the race debate. It was a huge part of the fuel for the Clarence Thomas fiasco. Liberals all seemed to agree that since he was black he was a pervert. The fact of his race was, to liberals, proof of the charges. Any time a black guy gets in trouble, conservatives want to argue... did he do it or not, the liberals just want to dream of excuses for why he did it.

I think it is one of the big reasons liberals give for the failure of schools is there are more and more blacks and hispanics attending.

I am not projecting, it is what I hear from Liberals.

what he actually said was
I think this is the way I would read it too.
One of the persistent memes of Rush is the "Bigotry of low expectations"

Liberals assume that Blacks are stupid, venial and sex obsessed. Therefore anything they do wrong is excused, as they can't help themselves.

Rush argues that this is a disservice to most blacks, who are none of these things, but those who are become the template for Liberal policy toward them

This one quote of Rush's doesn't mean he's racist, it's his body of work that shows he is.

I have been on computer boards since the great old days of CompuServe back in the early 80's I have been watching liberals for a good long time, and this is what I see them saying whenever something big happens in the the race debate. It was a huge part of the fuel for the Clarence Thomas fiasco. Liberals all seemed to agree that since he was black he was a pervert. The fact of his race was, to liberals, proof of the charges. Any time a black guy gets in trouble, conservatives want to argue... did he do it or not, the liberals just want to dream of excuses for why he did it.

I think it is one of the big reasons liberals give for the failure of schools is there are more and more blacks and hispanics attending.

You're either being stupid or lying. Being black didn't make Thomas a pervert.

And your point about schools is equally retarded.

I think the liberal arguments in these cases are retarded too. But I am not the one making these arguments. This is what I am hearing from liberals. This is what I understand them to mean.

I don't believe for a moment from our interactions that you go there.... but I hear it often enough all over the place that I think for many it is the basis for the policies they espouse.

One of the central tenets of the racist is to believe the bad apples are the norm for the other race.

From what I have heard from Rush, I am sure he does not go there.

I think the liberal arguments in these cases are retarded too. But I am not the one making these arguments. This is what I am hearing from liberals. This is what I understand them to mean.

I don't believe for a moment from our interactions that you go there.... but I hear it often enough all over the place that I think for many it is the basis for the policies they espouse.

One of the central tenets of the racist is to believe the bad apples are the norm for the other race.

From what I have heard from Rush, I am sure he does not go there.
You're going to have to prove it because it just isn't so. Perhaps a few trolls have convinced you of these things...but both statements are incorrect.

We will just have to politely disagree then. This is my observation over the years. It has been a persistent thread (again from what I see) since I started paying attention to the news 35 years ago.

YMMV, and it this case, it appears that it does.

Forum List

Back