‘Being poor is not a crime’

"I had to take a two day job to get my guitar out of hock...but that the way you are going when you got no dough to make bail"

I spent a night in jail once, years ago, because I didn't have enough money in my pocket to pay the ticket while in court. Had to borrow the money the next day to get out. Then had to worry about paying the loan back. And, it was nothing more than a BS traffic ticket. The system sucks.

[
Those that created our poor and dependent society, are the very ones punishing the poor. It's akin to kicking someone when they're already down.
The GOP loves the poor so much they made millions of newly poor people ....
The entire "Washington Brotherhood", all of them, created our poor and dependent society. And, it'll get a lot worse.

"I had to take a two day job to get my guitar out of hock...but that the way you are going when you got no dough to make bail"

I spent a night in jail once, years ago, because I didn't have enough money in my pocket to pay the ticket while in court. Had to borrow the money the next day to get out. Then had to worry about paying the loan back. And, it was nothing more than a BS traffic ticket. The system sucks.

I got thrown into Parish prison Louisiana by enraged and criminal cajun punk police ....they thought they had the "midnight rider" trapped ...hah ....I beat the rap ...made them look bad and shot the middle finger at them on the way out the door...Fk U Cajun morons I said...

I got thrown into Parish prison Louisiana by enraged and criminal cajun punk police ....they thought they had the "midnight rider" trapped ...hah ....I beat the rap ...made them look bad and shot the middle finger at them on the way out the door...Fk U Cajun morons I said...

I can well understand. I lived in Louisiana for 10 years.

The whole "justice" system is being used to fund government because that money assessed in fines is needed to support local internal protectionism schemes. Traffic fines are always trumped up, in my experience. It is all about meeting the funding quota for the day.

Civil group files lawsuit to help man imprisoned for failing to pay fines.
The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) has filed a federal lawsuit against officials in DeKalb County, Georgia after a judge imprisoned a black teenager who was too poor to pay $838 in fines. It all started with a traffic ticket near his home.
ACLU attorneys are now asking for an end to a process which, according to the group, allows indignant and impoverished Americans to be wrongly imprisoned for not being able to afford fees.
"Being poor is not a crime. Yet across the county, the freedom of too many people unfairly rests on their ability to pay traffic fines and fees they cannot afford," Nusrat Choudhury, an attorney with the group’s Racial Justice Program, said in a statement this week. "We seek to dismantle this two-tiered system of justice that punishes the poorest among us, disproportionately people of color, more harshly than those with means."
This union is absolutely a stupid organization of full idlers. They would rather wonder who is this teenager and why he doesn't work? They seem to misunderstand the meaning of the word "poverty". What a stupid situation so normal to America!
Check his pockets for an iPhone there. How about cable TV on a flat TV screen in his public housing apartment? HBO? Is the kid overweight due to eating steak and drinking expensive lattes? Many of the so-called poor have the same luxuries as people who pay their way in life.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back