Being Judgmental

Mar 5, 2009
Too many people have bought into the belief that it is wrong or undesirable to be judgmental. It has never made any sense to me to feel this way. As humans we have a responsibility to use our intelligence to think critically about everything and everyone. How else can we help make the world better?

Please read the rest of my article at:

Being Judgmental by Joel Hirschhorn

:clap2:

You're right. i didn't read the article, but the bible tells us specifically we are not to judge fellow believers regarding their BELIEF or personal relationship with God, but we ARE to judge non-believers, and help watch over and guide fellow church members.

It takes JUDGMENT to do that.

How do we establish a course of action without making a judgement?

It does not mean we have to "judge" a person, but judging an action as right or wrong, is how life happens, is it not?

I believe that those who do not judge are more likely to be led astray by lies and deception, and be considered useful idiots for evil things

How do we establish a course of action without making a judgement?

It does not mean we have to "judge" a person, but judging an action as right or wrong, is how life happens, is it not?

I believe that those who do not judge are more likely to be led astray by lies and deception, and be considered useful idiots for evil things

two words. condemnation and assessment.

Moral relativism is killing this country. It is essential that we make judgments about right and wrong and pass that along to our children. I have no qualms about pointing out goodness, inappropriateness, and downright evil in people. Unfortunately as a public school teacher, we are conditioned to accept that there are no "bad children" only bad behavior. Adults often describe violent acts in terms of "mistakes". Mugging an old man and putting him in the hospital is no mistake. It is a heinous crime. No PC BS for Chanel.

"Tis better to be an idiot, obnoxious asshole and be judged than judge others."

"The Book of Frogen, chapter five, verse 101, secret code DiVinci.*

Too many people have bought into the belief that it is wrong or undesirable to be judgmental. It has never made any sense to me to feel this way. As humans we have a responsibility to use our intelligence to think critically about everything and everyone. How else can we help make the world better?

Please read the rest of my article at:

Being Judgmental by Joel Hirschhorn

:clap2:
Your article sucks. Big time.

I think everyone is judgemental about something - but not everything is black and white.

Judgementalism is a necessary trait in balance - for a social group. You need some people who are judgemental - able to see clearly right and wrong and act on it in time of need to protect what society values. But taken to an extreme it can become bigotry and intolerance.

I never got that either. Plenty of people have accussed me of being judgemental as if I'm suppossed to be insulted by that. The fact is everyone makes judgements. It's an involunatary reaction. The only point at which you need to question your judgements is to ask yourself if you have been presented enough infomration to make an accurate one.

everybody makes judgements but some go overboard and in their judgements put themselves above others, which is why it is considered bad form to be judgemental.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hIcKkKID8k]YouTube - Here comes the Judge![/ame]

New Topics

Forum List

Back