~Being In A Coffin~

Never laid in a coffin. That, to me, would be a little bit creepy. I have though watched and assisted in a few autopsies.

I have laid in one, just to see "what it felt like"....silly as it sounds.

But I would die (pardon the pun) to witness an autopsy!

No haven't had the opportunity to try one out. It wouldn't creep me out though,it's just a wooden box. Personally I'd go for the coffin instead of the casket,i'm dead I don't care about the box I'm dumped in. I don't need a comfy pillow or silk lining.

Oddly enough I do care what I wear in the casket. I want to wear a wedding gown with a tiara cause I didn't get to wear one in life and I will not have occasion to in the future as I will NEVER marry again. The dress I did get married in I hated but didn't have the money to get anything else. The Gown can be old and from Good Will but I want my gown damn it!

Last edited:
I helped 'prepare' my Mother when she passed away.
We were thatclose-seriuouslythisclose.............I couldn't bear to leave her.
I painted her fingernails and helped make sure her hair was fixed right.
Made them take lip stick off of her because Mother never wore the stuff......I checked her whole body over, from head to toe.........as she lay in her casket.
She was cremated, but she laid in a casket for her funeral prior to cremation.
I had heard they glue the peoples' eyes and mouths shut.....but in my Mother's case, they didn't glue her eyes......I was able to open them and saw her eyes.
But they did glue her mouth.
I even opened the bottom of the casket and checked out her toes and stuff.....yes, they had a toe tag on her. But I put socks on her, her feet always got cold~
I played with the rings on her fingers.....and my son had a pocket knife, so I had him cut a small lock of hair from the back of my Mother's head, and I brought it home and tucked it away....with the gazillions of other things of hers I have.
I got to the funeral home at 10 a.m.......and I never left till 11 p.m......didn't want to leave then :-(

Sorry Nosmo.....I am not a Pittsburhger!

I sometimes have a habit of making up my own words......and casket or coffin....they both are pretty much the same to me ~LoL~

You clearly wrote YUNZ! If that ain't an exclusively Pittsburgh word, I don't know bologna from jumbo.

Take it as the highest compliment I can make.

But in the south, we say yunz....maybe some folk spell it youns.........
Actually, it's YINZ.

yinz_from_picksburgh_bumper_sticker-p128667261841267650z74sk_400.jpg

I helped 'prepare' my Mother when she passed away.
We were thatclose-seriuouslythisclose.............I couldn't bear to leave her.
I painted her fingernails and helped make sure her hair was fixed right.
Made them take lip stick off of her because Mother never wore the stuff......I checked her whole body over, from head to toe.........as she lay in her casket.
She was cremated, but she laid in a casket for her funeral prior to cremation.
I had heard they glue the peoples' eyes and mouths shut.....but in my Mother's case, they didn't glue her eyes......I was able to open them and saw her eyes.
But they did glue her mouth.
I even opened the bottom of the casket and checked out her toes and stuff.....yes, they had a toe tag on her. But I put socks on her, her feet always got cold~
I played with the rings on her fingers.....and my son had a pocket knife, so I had him cut a small lock of hair from the back of my Mother's head, and I brought it home and tucked it away....with the gazillions of other things of hers I have.
I got to the funeral home at 10 a.m.......and I never left till 11 p.m......didn't want to leave then :-(

:(Sorry about your Mom Passing. My Mom and Dad are still here but in their 70's so every day is precious as I don't know how much longer I will have either with me.

No, this is not a joke thread....most of yunz by now should know, I'm bit of a different character :)

Have you ever laid in a coffin, just to see what it's like??
Or does the thought of it creep you out??

What about the idea of watching an autopsy being performed??
Do you think you could watch one??...or no??

I always wish I had gone into the mortician/funeral home business.....really truth!......I am not afraid of death, in fact, it fascinates me. You'd be surprised at what all I have done actually~

1.). Yes
2.). Yes, I assisted in multiple autopsies. The worse is when you get smacked in the face with colon.
3.). Why not? It's recession proof.

Forum List

Back