Being gay doesn't pay.

Be careful about getting into gay relationships????

Like gays and lesbians have a choice about that...

maybe the appropriate response is actually dealing with the myriad of legal issues involved in ANY LONGTERM RELATIONSHIP, heterosexual or homosexual... then... poof... no more problem. At least no more than the heterosexual population.

Amazing how that works.

There really isnt much in the way of family laws on dividing up the children when the couple is of the same sex. ESPECIALLY if one parent DIDN'T adopt the child. So yes Jillian it is VERY difficult and FAR more messy than the standard heterosexual dissolution.

Tell me...If there aren't any same sex marriages allowed how can one have same sex divorces?

I thought all the states had laws about the father having parental rights to any child born during the marriage even if it turns out the child was fathered by someone else?

I dont think they do have to adopt to have rights.

I thought all the states had laws about the father having parental rights to any child born during the marriage even if it turns out the child was fathered by someone else?

I dont think they do have to adopt to have rights.

I don't know about EVERY state, but I do know that some states have a concept of "emotional parent" (though they may call it different things) which causes them both to REQUIRE the emotional parent to take on certain responsibilities (such as support) and get certain rights (like visitation). Both are for the benefit of the child....and not the emotional parent. Essentially, it means the kid thought this was his/her parent.... you can't mess up the kid by suddenly saying "oops...I'm opting out" or "oops, I'm not letting you visit with the kid anymore".

There really isnt much in the way of family laws on dividing up the children when the couple is of the same sex. ESPECIALLY if one parent DIDN'T adopt the child. So yes Jillian it is VERY difficult and FAR more messy than the standard heterosexual dissolution.

Tell me...If there aren't any same sex marriages allowed how can one have same sex divorces?

Do you think that if you don't allow homosexuals to marry, there are no legal issues that exist in a long term homosexual relationship?

I don't know about EVERY state, but I do know that some states have a concept of "emotional parent" (though they may call it different things) which causes them both to REQUIRE the emotional parent to take on certain responsibilities (such as support) and get certain rights (like visitation). Both are for the benefit of the child....and not the emotional parent. Essentially, it means the kid thought this was his/her parent.... you can't mess up the kid by suddenly saying "oops...I'm opting out" or "oops, I'm not letting you visit with the kid anymore".

Um no the law is for all concerned benifit.

You see the law feels all people have rights as well as responsibilities.

Do you think that if you don't allow homosexuals to marry, there are no legal issues that exist in a long term homosexual relationship?

There are plenty of legal issues...But none of them are on the books meaning there is no law to deal with them.

It also gives them the right to be involved in the childs life.

It comes with responsibility fella.

There are plenty of legal issues...But none of them are on the books meaning there is no law to deal with them.

our laws aren't just statutory. we have a common law system (unless you live in Louisiana). So you might want to check out what that means before you say there's "no law to deal with them"... because that's simply untrue.

our laws aren't just statutory. we have a common law system (unless you live in Louisiana). So you might want to check out what that means before you say there's "no law to deal with them"... because that's simply untrue.

That is incorrect. I dont know of any state that has common laws for the dissolution of homosexuals.

That is incorrect. I dont know of any state that has common laws for the dissolution of homosexuals.

I don't know of any humans who can be dissolved...

so i'm not quite sure what you're talking about.

I talked about the myriad of issues in a LONG TERM RELATIONSHIP...to what are you referring?

Forum List

Back