Being Controlled By Events v. Abdication

Since you seem to be unable to hit reply, i merged your comment with the thread. more work than it was wroth.

How exactly can you be a war mongering when you dont want war? But if you dont see the polarization of the country along with other signs then you need to learn history. It repeats itself unfortunately, mainly because people refuse to learn its lessons.

Just look at the past several years. increased vandalism and attacks on people about election cycle. Utter hatred for opposing political view points, for very little reason. We have presidential candidates preaching that there are two Americas. And its clear that culturally, we do have two Americas: A hedonistic America and a moral America.

Look at the shooting in New York of the black man. Despite the fact that there has been no investigation, there are Black politicians in NYC city counsel threatening violence if the police officers arent prosecuted for their "racist" activity. Nevermind the fact that most of the police officers involved were minorities.

When Democrats lost in 2004, a large group of them were calling for secession. On top of that, every time they lose they try to claim the election system is untrustworthy. The fact that they won in 2006 might give us some time, but if they lose any of their power in 2008 you are going to see more violence. there is no doubt about that.

No one wants war, but if you dont think its a possibility, then you arent paying attention.

As I mentioned previously, I have to wonder what role the government plays. Does this play out as one side with support of the government against the other side, or the government as a separate entity attempting to instill peace on either side by force of arms?

Then you have to ask is the government supporting and defending the Constitution, and which side in the conflict is and which side is not.

One cannot discount the government. As weak and ineffectual as it is, it STILL weilds the most powerful weapon on Earth in the US military.

New Topics

Forum List

Back