Being Controlled By Events v. Abdication

You're preaching to the choir on the Civil War. While the end results were better than WWI, it set the table for the carnage--both in technology applied and developed. It's the war to study, to see what the 20th C. would bring, bloodbaths.

Actually the end results were far worse to the United states than both world war I and II. Neither of them reached American casualty levels that the civil will did.

When it happens, we will have more than that to deal with, because we will have enemies throughout the world who will see our moment of weakness and invade as well trying to divide us up and take our wealth.

Actually the end results were far worse to the United states than both world war I and II. Neither of them reached American casualty levels that the civil will did.

When it happens, we will have more than that to deal with, because we will have enemies throughout the world who will see our moment of weakness and invade as well trying to divide us up and take our wealth.

yah, but I was speaking to the total loses, but never mind. I think it would be hard for US to have that level of loses ever again. Then again, I think unless something drastic changes, it's all going to be moot.

Oh it will hurt... but i think its quickly going to become inevitable.

I won't disagree. I've followed politics in this country since 1968. We are more polarized and distant now than we were then. The last time our society was this polarized was the 1840's-1850's and it led to war.

I'm exercising my Constitutional Right under the Second Amendment to stock up on lots of ammo.;)

I won't disagree. I've followed politics in this country since 1968. We are more polarized and distant now than we were then. The last time our society was this polarized was the 1840's-1850's and it led to war.

I'm exercising my Constitutional Right under the Second Amendment to stock up on lots of ammo.;)

My only question at this point is who will start it.

I've also been studying the history of the Roman Republic. circumstances as similiar for the fall of the republic there as well.

yah, but I was speaking to the total loses, but never mind. I think it would be hard for US to have that level of loses ever again. Then again, I think unless something drastic changes, it's all going to be moot.

It's easy for the casualties to pile up when Americans are killing Americans. We'll see it again. We can only go down from what we have been, and when you go down, you struggle every inch.

Those that get on here and criticize the most and demand drastic change the most will be the first whiners when they are inconvenienced. They're spoiled babies who bitch about the silver spoon in their mouthes.

My only question at this point is who will start it.

Who is the most willing to use violence in protest after protest for "Peace"? One day they're going to start it and get slapped down so hard and fast it'll take them a week to figure out just what the Hell happened.

The REAL question in a cultural war is just WHERE does the government fall?

It's easy for the casualties to pile up when Americans are killing Americans. We'll see it again. We can only go down from what we have been, and when you go down, you struggle every inch.

Those that get on here and criticize the most and demand drastic change the most will be the first whiners when they are inconvenienced. They're spoiled babies who bitch about the silver spoon in their mouthes.

I for one will never denigrate our troops, which I sincerely hope stay voluntarily, but am the daughter of a WWII draftee. I have two sons of draft age, one of which will graduate in 2006 and is debating enlisting, contrary to the Kerry/Rangle spin, he's already had two job offers. He's still considering, though he is not a conservative. (Should start another thread, I wonder how many parents find their children are of a different bent?)

Please, elaborate.

Its simple towards the end of the Republic, the Roman Senate more time squabbling and absolutely no time fixing problems. They were too busy preserving their old failed policies and programs and would just refuse to fix them.

Remind you of anyone?

Eventually things turned violent. Not all out civil war at first, just alittle here and alittle there. However, by the time Ceasar and the Triumvirite came around, the Republic was already used to this civil conflict. so when Ceasar took over and named himself dictator for life, the people werent really that shocked or upset over it, although his political opponents were, which is why they killed him. I dont think we are this far yet, but we are certainly moving in this direction.

Look at Congress, even when we elect people specifically to reform things there are too many politicians too entrenched in the old ways to get anything done. Not only that, how many of the things we done are going to be reversed by the new congress?

And then look at the political violence. still relatively minor. Vandalism mostly property damage. but it is getting worse each election cycle. On top of that we've had a major political party trying to undermine our elections every political cycle claiming they are untrustworthy or acting as though there is fraud without any evidence of such.

History repeats itself, although its hard to notice where in the cycle you are.

Its simple towards the end of the Republic, the Roman Senate more time squabbling and absolutely no time fixing problems. They were too busy preserving their old failed policies and programs and would just refuse to fix them.

Remind you of anyone?

Eventually things turned violent. Not all out civil war at first, just alittle here and alittle there. However, by the time Ceasar and the Triumvirite came around, the Republic was already used to this civil conflict. so when Ceasar took over and named himself dictator for life, the people werent really that shocked or upset over it, although his political opponents were, which is why they killed him. I dont think we are this far yet, but we are certainly moving in this direction.

Look at Congress, even when we elect people specifically to reform things there are too many politicians too entrenched in the old ways to get anything done. Not only that, how many of the things we done are going to be reversed by the new congress?

And then look at the political violence. still relatively minor. Vandalism mostly property damage. but it is getting worse each election cycle. On top of that we've had a major political party trying to undermine our elections every political cycle claiming they are untrustworthy or acting as though there is fraud without any evidence of such.

History repeats itself, although its hard to notice where in the cycle you are.
We may disagree on the analogies, but not the bottom line. I too fear, we are going down, yet, it needn't be so, other than choices.

We may disagree on the analogies, but not the bottom line. I too fear, we are going down, yet, it needn't be so, other than choices.

I think we have time, and more hope than they did. Depends on the people though.

We lost an election and you want a civil war? Geez, people, get a friggin grip and think about 2008! For Christ's sakes!

We lost an election and you want a civil war? Geez, people, get a friggin grip and think about 2008! For Christ's sakes!

You seem to misunderstand. No one wants a civil war. but its more and more likely all the time.

You are a war monger pal. You are friggin nuts if you think we're gonna have a civil war. When you sober up tomorrow, take a look at the garbage you wrote here. God almighty and God deliver us from nutcases like this guy. Geez louise.

You are a war monger pal. You are friggin nuts if you think we're gonna have a civil war. When you sober up tomorrow, take a look at the garbage you wrote here. God almighty and God deliver us from nutcases like this guy. Geez louise.

Since you seem to be unable to hit reply, i merged your comment with the thread. more work than it was wroth.

How exactly can you be a war mongering when you dont want war? But if you dont see the polarization of the country along with other signs then you need to learn history. It repeats itself unfortunately, mainly because people refuse to learn its lessons.

Just look at the past several years. increased vandalism and attacks on people about election cycle. Utter hatred for opposing political view points, for very little reason. We have presidential candidates preaching that there are two Americas. And its clear that culturally, we do have two Americas: A hedonistic America and a moral America.

Look at the shooting in New York of the black man. Despite the fact that there has been no investigation, there are Black politicians in NYC city counsel threatening violence if the police officers arent prosecuted for their "racist" activity. Nevermind the fact that most of the police officers involved were minorities.

When Democrats lost in 2004, a large group of them were calling for secession. On top of that, every time they lose they try to claim the election system is untrustworthy. The fact that they won in 2006 might give us some time, but if they lose any of their power in 2008 you are going to see more violence. there is no doubt about that.

No one wants war, but if you dont think its a possibility, then you arent paying attention.

What's this "we" shit?

You're grasping at straws attemtping to make a correlation between the political climate/mood of this nation and the recent election. Two different subjects.

You need to look up "warmonger" since you obviously have no clue to its definition. Avatar has not once called for war. He has merely presented an obviously well-researched argument concerning an event that is a real possibility.

What we need to be delivered from is morons who cannot comprehend what is being said an overreact to something NOT being said leading to nonsensical responses. Such as YOURS.

Forum List

Back