Being a serious country

You forgot to mention that it is hard to find "Turkish Delight" in many stores here. Just another example of anti-Turkish sentiment in America.

I am not speaking to you by identifying you as an American.
Your username shows where your affiliation lies.
Besides that I am not the person to meddle in US resellers choices of which products they import.
But, the export-category where "Turkish Delight" is in just is a mere 300.000 $ of total Turkish exports.
Turkish Statistical Institute

You are the typical person that matches "George Friedman"s observation of US people trying to picture the outside world on decades old assumptions.
But no problem, I am here to lighten you up.

OECD Report Predicts Turkey Will Be Fastest-Growing OECD Country in 2011-2017
(...)
The report also predicted that Turkey will be the fastest-growing economy among OECD member countries in 2011-2017, with average annual growth of 6.7 percent. The OECD publishes its economic outlook twice a year, although it updated some 2009 forecasts in an interim assessment published in September.

Turkish Industrials Association
Turkey News: November 16-22, 2009

All the Turkish government needed to do was read and obey the Quran.

Surah 5:51 "O ye who believe! take not the Jews and the Christians for your friends and protectors: They are but friends and protectors to each other. And he amongst you that turns to them (for friendship) is of them. Verily Allah guideth not a people unjust".

I do not think this whole issue is about meeting with Islamic countries to read the Kuran.
Despite the assumption here, the USA is fully supportive of Turkey.
US-Turkish relations are not, as some lobby-bitches try to portray in any kind related to Turkish movement away from West when Turkey distances from Israel.

The US and Turkey: Moving Forward Together | The White House

The US's role is shifting sequentially to East-Asia. US wants Turkey to move together in that direction together with the other 3-4 NATO-heavyweights. We'll see whether we move, but Turkey due to geography will also stay in this region filling the vacuum left behind by USA.
"Charlie Rose" Islamist stories are just simplifistic and Israel-fixed views.

It's state policy of Turkey do distance from Israel, the US does not have a say in this and will not say anything due to US-Turkish relations.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back