Behind the Candelabra

Katzndogz

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2011
Is it pro gay or anti gay?

I remember Liberace. My Grandmother loved him and insisted he wasn't queer. My mother recognized him as queer but thought brother George was the boyfriend. Queer was gay, before gay became gay.

The movie is quite graphic, and honestly explores the self destruction of homosexuality.

hmmm neither i would say..simply showing a reality.....from scott's point of view...how could anyone miss liberace being gay..and he was the worst kind..the aging rich queen who traded in boy toys like others trade in cars

The movie wasn't "pro gay" or "anit gay," it was a biopic about Liberace. The question is, how accurate was it? On whose word was the movie based?

Graphic? Yeah, it was pretty gay.

I don't think it explored the "self destruction of homosexuality," hell, gays are no more self destructive than any other human being. It showed a small portion of the life of a very small group of people. Nothing more. And again, we have no idea how accurate the portrayal might have been.

It told Liberace's story...from Scott's perspective. Too bad Liberace is not able to counter what he was portrayed as.

It was more than a one perspective portrayal. It was an explanation of how a gay man, supposedly in a monogamous gay relationship could get and die from AIDS. I don't know if Thorsen, or even the people that made the movie realize what they did. They illustrated the addiction to anonymous sex that gay men have and why they die for it.

It was more than a one perspective portrayal. It was an explanation of how a gay man, supposedly in a monogamous gay relationship could get and die from AIDS. I don't know if Thorsen, or even the people that made the movie realize what they did. They illustrated the addiction to anonymous sex that gay men have and why they die for it.

you know i would bash you for this post....if my cousin's lover hadnt died of aids...after a 2 week vacation to the keys.....they had been together for years....one totally faithful...the other a ho dog....

Most men love anonymous sex it's just easier for gay men to find it.

you know i would bash you for this post....if my cousin's lover hadnt died of aids...after a 2 week vacation to the keys.....they had been together for years....one totally faithful...the other a ho dog....

Isn't that the same story. Thorsen was faithful, he became a drug addict, but he was faithful. Liberace couldn't help himself, like a lot of gay men can't help themselves. You should see the movie. Pay attention to the scene where Thorsen tracks Liberace down to a "glory hole". Listen to how Liberace defends his behavior. Sometimes it's one, sometimes it's both.

Exactly, gay or straight men are men, gay men have more sex than straight guys do.

Exactly, gay or straight men are men, gay men have more sex than straight guys do.

HG.....how do you know this?....:eusa_think:

Forum List

Back