Beheading Suspect Declared Mentally Ill

auditor0007

Gold Member
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, OH
Beheading Suspect Declared Mentally IllAP
posted: 7 HOURS 24 MINUTES AGOcomments: 522filed under: Crime News, World NewsPrintShareText SizeAAAWINNIPEG, Manitoba (March 5) - A Canadian judge ruled Thursday that a man accused of beheading and cannibalizing a fellow Greyhound bus passenger is not criminally responsible due to mental illness.
The decision means Chinese immigrant Vince Li will be treated in a mental institution instead of going to prison.

beheading suspect ruled insane

Okay, the guy is crazy. So he can't be held responsible for his actions. Okay, I can buy into that, assuming the guy is really whacko. He'll be evaluated every year to see if and when he can be released.

Hold on a minute. This guy could be released back into society? This guy has schizophrenia, and they're going to cure this how? With meds maybe? And then they'll let him back into society? What happens if he forgets to take his meds?

I don't care if this nutjob is ever fully cured; I don't want him back on the streets. I can understand that he is crazy, but don't tell us he could be cured. He's a lifelong nutcase and must be institutionalized for life. Can society afford not to keep this guy locked up?

He may be released in Canada. Canada provides oil and an endless supply of comic relief.

$eh.jpg

Yep! it's Canada,, some liberal (who dosen't know crazy when they see it) will let him out in a year!

Ya' think?

A man accused of beheading and cannibalizing a fellow Greyhound bus passenger isn't sane?

I might be convinced that his mental state was somewhat unhinged.

Aside from cutting the head of a stranger on a grayhouse bus and cannibalizing the man's corpse, does he exibit any other signs of mental freakin' illness?

Cause you know...there might be a perfectly SANE reason why he'd cut the head of a stranger on a grayhouse bus and cannibalize the victim's corpse.

For example, maybe he was feeling peckish, and just couldn't wait until they reached a station to buy something from the candy machines.

That might indicate that his crime of cutting the head of a stranger on a grayhouse bus and cannibalizing the man's corpse, was merely a crime of greed motivated by hunger, right?

Last edited:
Yep! it's Canada,, some liberal (who dosen't know crazy when they see it) will let him out in a year!

Okay, even I don't think this guy will be released in a year. However, I am worried that in ten years, they might let him out if he shows progress.

Okay, even I don't think this guy will be released in a year. However, I am worried that in ten years, they might let him out if he shows progress.

iirc when the story broke they didn't even charge the guy with first degree murder.. Now the details as I remember them is he carefully packed and hid away a big big knife, he got on the bus sat down and took his time looking for the perfect victim. He spotted the very slightly built man in his teens or early twenties took the empty seat beside him waited for him to fall asleep and then cut his head off, and started eating parts of the body.. the canadian police stood outside the bus watched and filmed him doing it.. KNow who I think is crazy? The canadians authorities and judge. The chinese guy is crazy like a fox.

So, if I go out and murder someone, can I claim that I'm mentally ill? Doesn't everyone seem to claim that these days?

I have a hunch this guy really is mentally screwed up.

I'd say in this case, Auditor, you might be wise to follow that hunch.

I'm not authority on mental illness of course.

Perhaps sane people have been cutting the heads of strangers on grayhouse buses and cannibalizing their victims' corpses all along, but I missed it.

I confess I seldom ride the graydog line.

Have they changed their slogan to:

Take the bus, you'll be dining with us

or something recently?​

Last edited:
So, if I go out and murder someone, can I claim that I'm mentally ill? Doesn't everyone seem to claim that these days?

I'd say in this case, Auditor, you might be wise to follow that hunch.

I'm not authority on mental illness of course.

Perhaps sane people have been cutting the heads of strangers on grayhouse buses and cannibalizing their victims' corpses all along, but I missed it.

I confess I seldom ride the graydog line.

where have you been lately? beheading has become a worldwide phenonomen! this guy just chose a bus!

My dad works with a bunch of mentally ill people. Literally, I'm not just saying that to make fun of people. He has showed me plenty of evidence against these types of people. Maybe he is really messed up; I'm not the one to dictate that. But there are plenty of people who have claimed insanity but aren't. I was just commenting on the number of people who have and aren't.

in nc they have this on twist on the insanity claim...its like...okay your crazy...but did you know right from wrong when you did it? allows the state to execute the mentally insane and handicapped without a second thought...but when it came to executing a woman...the state wussed out...i.e. blanche moore...

Forum List

Back