Begun, the public sector union video wars have...

Ragnar

<--- Pic is not me
Jan 23, 2010
Cincinnati, OH
Well not so much "begun" as "still going" as if every year is a national election year. Such is life in the rapid information age. You have to take the good with the bad (truth, lies, damn lies and statistics) but in a democracy, hey, that's the point right. Click it, watch it, spin it, refute it and in the end, as always... make up your own damn mind.

Public Sector Unions vs. America

StandingwithScott.com

The good folks at Reason continue to be their usual thoughtful selves:

How Public Employees and Taxpayers Got Scammed
The politicians are the real problem.

Most businesses long ago abandoned defined-benefit plans because they were unaffordable. The public sector has stayed with them, though—apparently to prove those private companies right. State and local governments, according to pension expert Joshua Rauh of Northwestern University, have promised $3 trillion more in benefits than they have set aside to pay for them.

Why? Because there are powerful incentives for both legislators and union leaders to do that. Politicians (particularly, though not exclusively, Democratic ones) want to ingratiate themselves with unions, whose members can be a huge help on Election Day. Union leaders want to keep their members happy and return their favored elected officials to office.

The problem, of course, is that such generosity costs a lot of money, which taxpayers may resist paying. That's where the back-loading of compensation comes in.

Promising government workers excellent retirement plans, off in the future, gratifies union members without outraging the taxpayers. The burden is postponed until some future date, which makes the process painless—until the future arrives.
(more at link)

Bad news for President Obama: The future is now!

How Public Employees and Taxpayers Got Scammed - Reason Magazine

Last edited by a moderator:
Via Big Journalism:

Union protester is arrested for attempting to jack with the tea partiers’ sound system at the Madison rally.

Far as I can tell, the guy was detained, I don't know about "arrested". (??)

Union protesters accost a gay black tea partier in Denver Colorado. They call him “son,” and ask him if he has any children that he “claims.” Because, you know, apparently black men don’t already care for their children and white men have a perfect record.

Did she say "E-moral"? :eusa_whistle:

Diminutive Tabitha Hale ventures from the new Freedom Works offices (moved to a more secure location because they received a lot of threats) to get some video of the protesters outside. She is promptly slapped upside the head by a CWA protester.

The slow-mo is cheesy and I'm not positive that the poor union guy was not struck in the hand by that ladies camera. :razz: Still...

At AFSCME’s “solidarity” rally in Providence, Rhode Island on Tuesday, a cameraman was accosted by a fuming pro-union protester. The cameraman had his back to the goon, who appears to accost him unprovoked. The goon screams:

“I’ll f**k you in the ass, you faggot!”

His shouting escalates and other union supporters try to intervene as he threatened the cameraman, but he continues to foam at the mouth.

The “solidarity” mob finally starts chanting “Hey, hey, ho, ho, union-busting’s got to go” to drown out the goon’s snit fit. He yells that he will “follow you out of here.”

Heads up, you can skip the first seven minutes of this video. Dunno why it's so long?

Michelle Malkin » Video: Rhode Island union supporter to cameraman &#8211; &#8220;I&#8217;ll f**k you in the ass, you faggot&#8221;

I wonder why none of this stuff is ever on MSNBC.

Because sadly that station caters to the extreme left. And since they really have no problem with using violence themselves, this isnt news to them and it makes them look bad in their propaganda war. They only have problems with violence when its the other guys who do it.

The Tea Party should Unionize. Wonder why they haven't done it? I think I'll suggest it.

"State and local governments, according to pension expert Joshua Rauh of Northwestern University, have promised $3 trillion more in benefits than they have set aside to pay for them."

$3Trillion 'more' than they have already set aside?

GOOD LORD

How much is the fricken total?

How the frik do you cover a $3 Trillion short coming?

It's amazing that the situation remains non-violent even though the posters contain graphic hate-speech and at least one democrat politician encourages the crowd to "get bloody" . It's a credit to both sides.

All Unions in the Public Sector should be severely weakened or removed from Government completely. They just don't stand up for the Taxpayers. They only care about themselves and getting Democrats elected. They refuse to accept that they work for the Taxpayers. They really do believe the Taxpayers work for them instead. Well i got news for them,the Taxpayers are the Boss in the end. It's time for Unions in the Public Sector to be run out of town.

Not to derail but, man Obama is going to have one tuff Presidency... Once illegal immigration comes up again, whew...

It's like watching Bush all over again, not just because they have the same policy but because it's almost hard sitting back and seeing them just not get a break. Both these Presidents have taken the wrong side on almost every issue and both have proven they just can't stand up and lead when it counts most.

POTUS is an impossible job on a good day. I think the information age has a way of bringing everything into all our faces all the freaking time and that's something we still all have to deal with. Obviously America has always had protest and what not but it's possible the temperature has been raised a little bit over the last 15-20 years.

Not to derail but,

Also, SON OF A BITCH!1!!!11!1!

Thread-Offtopic-Derailed.jpg

:tongue:

The reality is it's harder to lie.

Media is more of what we make it these days. Information is highly accessesable now and so not many people need to depend on an un bias source, we can go look at a law/constitution/history/whatever near instantly.

If anything the fact that MSNBC or whatever does not report news in an un-bias way (on this matter) people become more passionate about the subject and look much more into it than lets say 10+ years ago.

People are looking at the Union in a completely different light because it's so easy to see what they do, just like the law trying to be passed. It's not a sinister law at all, you have to be either un-educated on the matter or a hyper partisan person to take the side of the Union. The members gain an ability to opt out of the union, that's it... Of course the Union hates that, it was a monopoly and made them millionaires.

The reality is it's harder to lie.

Media is more of what we make it these days. Information is highly accessesable now and so not many people need to depend on an un bias source, we can go look at a law/constitution/history/whatever near instantly.

If anything the fact that MSNBC or whatever does not report news in an un-bias way (on this matter) people become more passionate about the subject and look much more into it than lets say 10+ years ago.

People are looking at the Union in a completely different light because it's so easy to see what they do, just like the law trying to be passed. It's not a sinister law at all, you have to be either un-educated on the matter or a hyper partisan person to take the side of the Union. The members gain an ability to opt out of the union, that's it... Of course the Union hates that, it was a monopoly and made them millionaires.

You do not say it outright above but fwiw, I don't believe there has ever been an unbiased media. Not today, not when television ruled and not when newspapers were king.

That said, I agree with all of the above.

I agree, my point was not that media used to be equal or fair but that people mostly had to take the news word. It used to be much harder to answer your own questions when you couldn't just type it into googles and spend the next 10 seconds or 2 weeks reading about your question.

Youtube has been the real killer in cases like WI. MSNBC or Fox (to be fair) literally pick what footage and dialogue to show you. Now we see Democrats with hate sings claiming murdering is the answer, you won't see that on MSNBC or hear it on NPR. Even the message about the Bill is false on the news, people still think the bill Destroys the Union&#8230; it allows people to opt out if they don&#8217;t like it&#8230;

Forum List

Back