Beginning to look like the GOP are just a bunch of cowards.

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
Endless repeal bills voted for/sent to Obama knowing full well they were doa. Now they have a willing president and NOT ONE FUCKING REPEAL BILL has arrived at his desk.

Mod Edit: Do not call out other members

Last edited by a moderator:
Endless repeal bills voted for/sent to Obama knowing full well they were doa. Now they have a willing president and NOT ONE FUCKING REPEAL BILL has arrived at his desk.

It appears my representatives are as fake as Jake.
Nearly all Republicans agree Obamacare should be repealed, but since the decision was made to replace it simultaneously, it is difficult to agree on exactly what to replace it with. I like the fact that Republicans are debating this issue so vigorously instead of just goosestepping after their leaders to pass what they are told to pass and the Democrats did with Obamacare.

• Banned

Nearly all Republicans agree Obamacare should be repealed, but since the decision was made to replace it simultaneously, it is difficult to agree on exactly what to replace it with. I like the fact that Republicans are debating this issue so vigorously instead of just goosestepping after their leaders to pass what they are told to pass and the Democrats did with Obamacare.
I don't agree that it needs to be replaced. The old system worked for us for generations. Then suddenly we elected an activist and Americans bought his bullshit.

Repeal it, period.

their entire platform was nothing but repeal; there was never any discussion of a better product at lower cost, to replace it.

• Banned

their entire platform was nothing but repeal; there was never any discussion of a better product at lower cost, to replace it.
And I was fine with that. Sadly that was just a snake oil salesman routine.

Kind of like the loud drunk at the bar, they jabber a lot, but when it's time to throw down they suddenly become very quiet.

I don't agree that it needs to be replaced. The old system worked for us for generations. Then suddenly we elected an activist and Americans bought his bullshit.

Repeal it, period.

I agree with you wholeheartedly but what Toro is saying is correct. Trump ran on the promise that everyone would be covered. That he would "repeal and replace" with something better.

Here is what I have said we should do... Repeal Obamacare, Phase I.... nothing else, straight repeal. Then, you take the 17 million or so who signed up for Obamacare and you provide them coverage for about $25 billion. A fraction of the cost of Obamacare OR Trumpcare. Finally, you implement the free market ideas that have been talked about in order to bring down cost. Portability, no state boundaries, HSAs, etc. To appease the left, you can even kick in another $100 billion to expand Medicaid. You're still WAY under the trillion-dollar price tag for Obamacare or Trumpcare, and you've returned the health care system to the free market where it belongs.

But right now, there is a power play going on in Washington. The Conservatives are being bitch slapped by the Establishment with the "Nationalist-Populist" president in their corner. If they manage to ram this stupid piece of shit through, Republicans will pay for it politically.

Umm... yes there was.

That is because they never planned on a new plan, just wanted the tax cuts.

And I was fine with that. Sadly that was just a snake oil salesman routine.
Only the right wing is that cognitively dissonant. Why not end the drug war?

Repeal it, period.
Gramps, you know damn well that a professional politician's top priority is getting re-elected. The LAST thing they want to do is give up their cushy gubmit jobs.

The GOP has been boldly and proudly telling us for EIGHT YEARS that they had a better way. As it turns out, they've been lying to us.
we can get cheaper labor from the third world for that; we need first world solutions at lower cost, that is what we Pay our Congress of the People, for.

Repeal it, period.
Gramps, you know damn well that a professional politician's top priority is getting re-elected. The LAST thing they want to do is give up their cushy gubmit jobs.

The GOP has been boldly and proudly telling us for EIGHT YEARS that they had a better way. As it turns out, they've been lying to us.

Which is why we need term limits pronto. Elected offices should operate under the same principle as Officer Promotions in the US Military, i.e "up our out"

You know you have a set time block at each office, and if you want to stay in politics you move up the chain.

Local offices to State offices, then the differing federal levels, then you get out.

Repeal it, period.
The old system worked well for about 80% of Americans, but people who had pre existing conditions and who were too poor to buy their own insurance but not poor enough for Medicaid needed help. Obamacare wasn't necessary to deal with these problems, but now that we have it, most voters will expect to keep what they like about it while discarding what the don't like. It would be politically unpopular even among Republicans to repeal it without replacing it.

Forum List

Back