Before you get all excited about the unemployement report

Charles_Main

AR15 Owner
Jun 23, 2008
Michigan, USA
Yes we added 117000 Jobs and the rate went down to 9.1%.

Well not only is that not nearly fast enough, but if you dig just a tad deeper into the Report you will see that 193000 People simply dropped out of the work force and quit looking for work.

OUCH!

There is a little trick the labor dept does with statistics. They don't mention that the labor force numbers have dropped drastically in the past two years so they take the average of the existing labor force and pretend that unemployment has dropped. The trick works with ignorant Obama followers but the Dow and the rest of the world which is not affiliated with Barry obviously doesn't buy the numbers.

Well not only is that not nearly fast enough, but if you dig just a tad deeper into the Report you will see that 193000 People simply dropped out of the work force and quit looking for work.

OUCH!

Wonder why RW didn't put that little tidbit in her praiseobama117,000jobs thread??

OUCH!

Wonder why RW didn't put that little tidbit in her praiseobama117,000jobs thread??

I was going to just Respond to his thread, but I figured this little fact would be lost in a flood of Liberals posting about how wonderful this news is.

Unemployment went down only because people are leaving the work force. we are now at a record low % of Americans who are in the work force, and yet have 9.1% unemployment. Anyone who is honest has to admit this is not good news.

You don't really believe that the unemployment rate in the US is only 9.1% do you? If you do you are a dope. This number, like all of the numbers released by the Obama administration is a lie.

You don't really believe that the unemployment rate in the US is only 9.1% do you? If you do you are a dope. This number, like all of the numbers released by the Obama administration is a lie.

Clearly it is not, That is simply the Number they want us to buy. If you add the number of People who have simply dropped out of the work force, like the 193000 that did this month, and you add the number of people who are stuck in part time jobs that they can not get by on. The Number is North of 16%.

But then I didn't think I had to explain that. Unemployment, according to the Fed, went down .1% this month. Not because of new Hiring, it was because so many people Simply quit Looking.

Last edited:

The lifetime bureaucrats at the BEA are Obamabots?

How has the collection and processing of unemployment data changed since Obama took office?

Record corporate profits and weak employment.

That's a conservative's dream. That's the free market at work. Make as much money as possible with as little labor cost as possible.

I don't know why you rightwingers are pretending this isn't good news.

That's a conservative's dream. That's the free market at work. Make as much money as possible with as little labor cost as possible.

:cuckoo::cuckoo:

I personally see it as spin when the likes of Hannity refer to the 16% number....

yes, that includes those off unemployment or underemployed.....

But we compare apples to apples....

Whatever we used for Reagan, Bush1, Clinton, Bush 2...we use for Obama

Wow.....

I assumed you were intelligent...

But seeing as you regurgitated the spin the left wing bloggers put out there for the weak minded to believe and regurgitate.....

Well...I guess you are not that intelligent.

Wow.....

I assumed you were intelligent...

But seeing as you regurgitated the spin the left wing bloggers put out there for the weak minded to believe and regurgitate.....

Well...I guess you are not that intelligent.

If you have evidence that free market principles, including getting the lowest labor costs possible, are not core conservative principles, by all means post it.

And you know this because you've personally counted each and every unemployed person in America or did you 'learn' it from Drudge or Hannity or another 'more credible' source?

One thing (for those who have one) to keep in mind is that 93,000 public employee jobs were lost and because the radical Republicans are callous conservatvies thousands of FAA employees didn't get pay checks for several weeks.

I guess this thread isn't as fun as the other one where they simply focus on the one good thing in the report and pat Obama on the back.

lol

I'm sure you and other conservative Republicans would much rather & enjoy a report that 117,000 more jobs were lost - the end justifies the means being a large part of conservative ideology.

I guess this thread isn't as fun as the other one where they simply focus on the one good thing in the report and pat Obama on the back.

lol

I'm sure you and other conservative Republicans would much rather & enjoy a report that 117,000 more jobs were lost - the end justifies the means being a large part of conservative ideology.

As I postred in "the other thread".......I am optimistic.

And I am a conservative to the core.

And you know this because you've personally counted each and every unemployed person in America or did you 'learn' it from Drudge or Hannity or another 'more credible' source?

One thing (for those who have one) to keep in mind is that 93,000 public employee jobs were lost and because the radical Republicans are callous conservatvies thousands of FAA employees didn't get pay checks for several weeks.

You guys are idiots. You clearly do not understand. These Reports have far more information in them than the 117000 Stat being Reported. These Reports show you how many people have left the work force, and how many are under employed. Hannity or who ever did not make up the numbers. They are right there in the Report.

Fucking idiots.

And your Line is about the FAA is pure Horse shit. It was 2 Weeks, and now that the deal is stuck they all get their back pay like Nothing happened. Fucking idiot.

Forum List

Back