Before You Die.

so here we are...a christian telling everyone else they are going to hell...how nice...and you wonder who ruins the holidays?

and where do you see that i said that?

Will you change your thinking and accept Christ before you die? Or will you die lost. I hear alot of people say "How could a god let you go to hell" but the truth is they're sending their selves there, by their choice.

I did accept Christ, once upon a time.

I then realized through education and proven knowledge about our tiny speck in this universe that if there is a God who created all, He has to be much larger than The Bible can possibly allow.

To accept that man is a reflection of Gods image is to put God into a very small box indeed. No wonder your prayers for justice have gone unanswered for so long.

Or it puts man in an infinitely larger box. Depends on your point of view.

Will you change your thinking and accept Christ before you die? Or will you die lost. I hear alot of people say "How could a god let you go to hell" but the truth is they're sending their selves there, by their choice.

I still cannot reconcile an all-loving god who consigns people to eternal punishment for his own amusement.
Maybe someone can explain this one.

2637.jpg

I don't know Eagle, maybe that kid stole some bubble gum, played with a barbie doll instead of a GI Joe, or touched his willy the wrong way.

God did say he worked in mysterious ways.

I suspect God is a drunk.

Last edited:
I don't know Eagle, maybe that kid stole some bubble gum, played with a barbie doll instead of a GI Joe, or touched his willy the wrong way.

Hitting the Jesus Juice again? :razz:

If God is behind all of this, he sucks.

I saw a neat sign somewhere:

All who wander are not lost.

Hitting the Jesus Juice again? :razz:

No, wine makes me all sad and confessional.

The Viking God, Thor, God of good of beer, thunder and endless sit ups to keep the belly under control, is more my kind of God.

Still, the philosophical notion of why there is suffering does not preclude the existence of God.

I do know in my own life, some of the most profound, important, and meaningful experiences are when I was suffering or witnessing suffering mightily.

The Universe is not a Disney cartoon, life would not be worth living, fighting for, hoping in, if a happy ending was a guarantee.

I still cannot reconcile an all-loving god who consigns people to eternal punishment for his own amusement.
....or how theists can consider their god to be 'just', when the whole shebang is based on the most UNJUST of principles....that of punishing the innocent for the crimes of the guilty.

.....or as Dawkins puts it:

"The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully."

:clap2:

.....or as Dawkins puts it:

"The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully."

:clap2:

This is the inevitable result of those who confuse one cultural poem for God, just as the inevitable result of being sure there is no God is the is poem of ego.

I'm amused by Christians who dream of a magical world where they don't have to work and they can spend eternity in total obedience to a mythical dictator-king with no liberties while preaching that those who choose to exercise their free will and do not obey will spend eternity on fire).... and then turn around and talk about liberty, freedom, and the Republican party line.

This is the inevitable result of those who confuse one cultural poem for God, just as the inevitable result of being sure there is no God is the is poem of ego.
As long as your God doesn't command you to murder, rape, torture, rob, outlaw, or penalize me, I've got no problems with your beliefs.

Each to his own, say I.

As long as your God doesn't command you to murder, rape, torture, rob, outlaw, or penalize me, I've got no problems with your beliefs.

Each to his own, say I.

My God is not even my God, I am too wayward for it to own me, and it is too infinite for this drunken ape to understand.

I simply thank it for the gift of existence and move on.

We have an understanding.

Forum List

Back