Before You Die.

froggy

Gold Member
Aug 18, 2009
Will you change your thinking and accept Christ before you die? Or will you die lost. I hear alot of people say "How could a god let you go to hell" but the truth is they're sending their selves there, by their choice.

I think you're now posting a pointless thread a day in the religion subforum, froggy.

Too late... Christ has already accepted me. There is nothing I can do to change that fact.

Immie

Have a little faith. Perhaps this is the generation when every knee will bend and every mouth confess that the Lord is God.

Will you change your thinking and accept Christ before you die? Or will you die lost. I hear alot of people say "How could a god let you go to hell" but the truth is they're sending their selves there, by their choice.

If I have free will, then god isn't omnipotent or omniscient, is he?
Or maybe he is omnipotent.
And if he is omniscient, then he already knew I was going to hell and didn't use his omnipotence to change that, did he?

Oh froggy, I am exhausted. Can we play "Atheists for Christ" later??

Will you change YOUR thinking? Personally, I don't believe fairy tales. I have no thinking to change. But of course, people like you will insist they're right and I'm wrong. Fair enough...now go ahead and prove it, or shut the fuck up.

Last edited:

Before I die, I will not have considered my life complete until I have walked along the Himalayas from the Khyber Pass into Burma.

I hear alot of people say "How could a god let you go to hell" but the truth is they're sending their selves there, by their choice.
The problem with that is that if your particular supernatural deity is omniscient then 'free will' or choice, does not exist. It is an illusion.

Consider this:

"You saw me before I was born and scheduled each day of my life before I began to breathe. Every day was recorded in your book!" [Psalm 139:16]

So if your god has "scheduled every day of your life", would you please explain how you can make any free will decision/choice that will change what your god has planned for you? How do you make a free will decision that might change what is "recorded in his book"???

Nope.

And I am far closer to death than most on here.

When I die I die and cease to exist.

The gbelief in heaven and hell are manipulative tools, and most are eager to be used for the hope of not really dying.

Truth is a bitch but it is truth until proven otherwise.
There is not any proof of the existence of heaven or hell.

Life is an extreem mystery. God is far more mysterious than life. We will live, we will die. Somewhere along the way, most likely many somewheres, we will have an awareness of a Supreme being. Some will pass this off as just a thought. Some will wonder. Some will seek more answers. All will do whatever they choose with those momemts.

The God of the Bible says His character is seen within His awesome creation. Some will recognize Him, some will only recognize beauty and the magnificance of all that is around them. Along the way, in ways we cannot necessarily understand, God will speak to each of us. We will notice, but we may not respond. He will offer a personal relationship, and we will have some kind of response. Our response is our choice.

When the days have been completed that we are to live, we will step into His presence, and there we will see the mighty mysteries revealed.

Beyond that moment, only God knows what will take place.

We will know, and we will no longer wonder.

Before you die there is something I should tell you: I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate.

I did accept Christ, once upon a time.

I then realized through education and proven knowledge about our tiny speck in this universe that if there is a God who created all, He has to be much larger than The Bible can possibly allow.

To accept that man is a reflection of Gods image is to put God into a very small box indeed. No wonder your prayers for justice have gone unanswered for so long.

Once upon a time, I became aquainted with something called the tao. Learned that any attempt to define it is to make it less than it is. At least in that limited sense, ones faith is a lot like the tao. There is more to life than what we can define and quantify. Plato's allegory of the cave is an attempt to put things in perspective.

I have alway thought it interesting that Socrates taught Plato who taught Aristotle who taught Alexander the Great.

I did accept Christ, once upon a time.

I then realized through education and proven knowledge about our tiny speck in this universe that if there is a God who created all, He has to be much larger than The Bible can possibly allow.

To accept that man is a reflection of Gods image is to put God into a very small box indeed. No wonder your prayers for justice have gone unanswered for so long.

Interesting perspective and if I believed in a god it would be my outlook.
Humans are such an emotionally imature species.

First of all, it's not "a god", it's "God"...and only he gets to decide who goes to heaven and hell, not you.....

Since Christ has taught that God is a "forgiving" God, why would you think he would sentence someone to hell for eternity just because they haven't met his son?

The Bible was written by man, inspired by God...as such I think it's flawed. Certain men in the clergy want to believe that all they have to do is believe in Christ and they are saved, then they can go on killing non-believers and having things like the Spanish inquisition...etc and believe that they will go to heaven, somehow I don't think those responsible for the Spanish inquisition went to heaven, do you?

Guess that's why I believe in purgatory.

:lol:

you people are funny

Forum List

Back