Before Rosa Parks...

Unkotare

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2011
There was Claudette Colvin. Nine months before Parks' carefully-scripted stand against segregated busing, 15 year-old Colvin really did refuse to move to the back of the bus in a spontaneous moment of resistance similar to the myth of Parks' refusal. For many reasons, Rosa Parks was considered a better spokesperson for the cause, so Colvin's story of resistance and subsequent challenging of segregation law was allowed to fade into obscurity.

100% accurate. Claudette also happened to be pregnant and was not considered "the cream of the crop" in regards to social standing back then. However, Rosa Parks was a freedom fighter nonetheless.

1612277263310.jpeg

There was Claudette Colvin. Nine months before Parks' carefully-scripted stand against segregated busing, 15 year-old Colvin really did refuse to move to the back of the bus in a spontaneous moment of resistance similar to the myth of Parks' refusal. For many reasons, Rosa Parks was considered a better spokesperson for the cause, so Colvin's story of resistance and subsequent challenging of segregation law was allowed to fade into obscurity.
We should erect a statue.

Now you see why my thread titles are provocative. You start boring threads that don’t even go two pages. MarcATL And I are with you in support of a statue for this woman. Better than robert e lee who no doubt would have led the insurrection had he been alive last month.

Funny not even you reply in threads you start. You even kill your own threads. Lol

Now you see why my thread titles are provocative. You start boring threads that don’t even go two pages. MarcATL And I are with you in support of a statue for this woman. Better than robert e lee who no doubt would have led the insurrection had he been alive last month.

Funny not even you reply in threads you start. You even kill your own threads. Lol

Stop trolling, troll.

Stop trolling, troll.
So you start a thread to besmirch Rosa parks and have nothing more to say on the subject? I asked if we should build a statue for this hidden figure. MarcATL and I think she deserves one. You seem to think she’s more important than rosa parks. You must want a statue too.

Without Me your thread would be dead. Just like all the others you start. You’re such a terrible conversationalist. You tell us about this woman but don’t want to discuss why your anti rosa sentiment makes you a white racist. If you really are Irish. I think you’re of Asian persuasion.

Stop trolling, troll.
So you start a thread to besmirch Rosa parks ......

That is an obvious and idiotic lie. Nothing about recognizing the important and courageous actions of Claudette Colvin besmirches Rosa Parks or in any way diminishes her own contributions to civil rights in America. Go away troll.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back