Before Racing To National Healthcare: Listen

Giving it away? Hey we will be paying taxes to pay for it. Nothing going to be given away. The difference is that there will not be a middle man (insurance companies) taking a cut for doing nothing. All the money will go to medical expenses instead of fat cat corporate CEOs.

Why is it that right wingers love to get screwed by big buisness?

Which means those that pay taxes will be providing it for everyone, whether they pay taxes or not...

Sorry... but you are not OWED a damn thing for your personal care, health, and well being from anyone else on this fucking earth

You're an adult... earn it and pay for it yourself

The government does not exist to be your insurance company.. what next? Government single payer auto insurance?

This is why left wingers just don't get it...

No...you don't get it. The people voted with the expectation of getting health care for all. Like police for all...fire department for all...education for all. The me first screw everybody else party lost. Cry all you want. When health care passes you don't have to go to the doctor under that umbrella. Just keep paying the insurance vultures until they deny you coverage. Before you fall back onto the national coverage be sure to come back here and beg forgiveness for being such a thoughtless selfish little neo con.
ROFLMNAO...

This nation is not governed on the 'will of the people'... it is NOT a social Democracy... it is a CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC... one based upon valid and sustainable human rights...

YOU DO NOT HAVE A RIGHT TO THE PRODUCT OF ANOTHER MAN'S LABOR! PERIOD...

And there is NO MEANS OF FUNDING YOUR HEALTHCARE WITHIN THAT IMMUTABLE FACT... UNLESS YOU FUND IT.

Want healthcare INSURANCE... FUND IT YOURSELF...

Which means those that pay taxes will be providing it for everyone, whether they pay taxes or not...

Sorry... but you are not OWED a damn thing for your personal care, health, and well being from anyone else on this fucking earth

The government does not exist to be your insurance company.. what next? Government single payer auto insurance?

No...you don't get it. The people voted with the expectation of getting health care for all. Like police for all...fire department for all...education for all. The me first screw everybody else party lost. Cry all you want. When health care passes you don't have to go to the doctor under that umbrella. Just keep paying the insurance vultures until they deny you coverage. Before you fall back onto the national coverage be sure to come back here and beg forgiveness for being such a thoughtless selfish little neo con.
ROFLMNAO...

This nation is not governed on the 'will of the people'... it is NOT a social Democracy... it is a CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC... one based upon valid and sustainable human rights...

And there is NO MEANS OF FUNDING YOUR HEALTHCARE WITHIN THAT IMMUTABLE FACT... UNLESS YOU FUND IT.

This nation is not governed on the 'will of the people'

Yes it is. If you want to live in a kingdom I'm sure there are several countries that will accomodate you.

Damned right, Heaven forbid I should be FORCED to contribute to you. I got mine, go get your own, and get over the idea that you and other, greedy strangers like you have any right to take away from the people I actually care about.

Ok. Then please stop using the roads, bridges, tunnels, or subsidized public transport. If you get mugged, well you'll just have to deal. House catches on fire? Poor you. After all, none of us want to contribute to your well being either.

How do you equate contributing to things I actually use with contributing to YOUR health care? I drive on bridges and roads, so I don't mind paying for them. It's MY house, so I don't mind paying to have it protected. The fact that you ALSO contribute to and use those things is ancillary. Please tell me in what way I, personally, am using YOUR health care. When did YOU become a public utility, dumbass?

Yeah, Heaven Forbid you should be asked to contribute to the health and welfare of the citizens of your country. Since you got yours, fuck no.

Damned right, Heaven forbid I should be FORCED to contribute to you. I got mine, go get your own, and get over the idea that you and other, greedy strangers like you have any right to take away from the people I actually care about.

people I actually care about.

And most americans do not qualify for your club?

ROFLMNAO...

Actually the government has the right to tax the people, and can spend that on whatever it damn well pleases. So yes the government can fund things with other peoples labor. Don't like it? Tough shit. But thats the way it is.

Ok. Then please stop using the roads, bridges, tunnels, or subsidized public transport. If you get mugged, well you'll just have to deal. House catches on fire? Poor you. After all, none of us want to contribute to your well being either.

How do you equate contributing to things I actually use with contributing to YOUR health care? I drive on bridges and roads, so I don't mind paying for them. It's MY house, so I don't mind paying to have it protected. The fact that you ALSO contribute to and use those things is ancillary. Please tell me in what way I, personally, am using YOUR health care. When did YOU become a public utility, dumbass?

No, actually, I don't use your bridges and roads. But you get the benefit of them because other people helped to pay for them. But until you want to pay for those things fully out of your own pocket, or get together some of your fellow citizens to pay for them, you argument about healthcare is meaningless. You are merely another of those selfish individuals who is more than willing to let others pay for things you use, but aren't willing to pay for what others use.

The facts are clear. 50-60 MILLION americans have NO health care liver, kidney transplants 60 years old or anything.

What facts?....more than half of those millions you whine about are ILLEGAL ALIENS....if we got rid of them our medical costs would plummet.....and we'd go back to having good, reasonably priced, top-of-the-line American health care...

Excuse me...I was clear ...AMERICANS now go fuck yourself sparky.

Clear as mud......you probably mean AMERICANS as in North, Central, and South....

Here are the FACTS dipshit.....
The Online NewsHour: The Uninsured in America | Who Are the Uninsured? -- April 6, 2007 | PBS

As you can see from the charts, non-citizens account for almost half (43% and growing) of the non-insured and that figure is even disputed as being too low....
American citizens -- especially native-born citizens -- are much more likely to have health insurance than immigrants are. In 2005, about 13 percent of native-born citizens lacked health insurance, while 43 percent of noncitizens did, according to the census bureau.

Even that estimate might be too low, according to Hoffman, because it's hard for census-takers to find undocumented workers willing to answer survey questions.

Also some say that 85% of the growth rate of the uninsured is due to illegals....
While all experts agree that noncitizens are less likely to have health insurance than citizens, the jury is still out on the question of how much impact immigrants have on the overall national uninsured rate.

Hoffman said that the idea that the growth of the uninsured rate is being fueled by immigrants is myth. "The numbers just don't support that," she said. "The large majority of the uninsured are U.S. citizens. While immigrants and the undocumented are less likely to have health insurance, there just aren't enough of them to make a difference in the overall rate."

But Fronstin disagreed. He said that his research found that immigration accounted for about 85 percent of the increase in uninsured rates between 1998 and 2003.

Last edited:
What facts?....more than half of those millions you whine about are ILLEGAL ALIENS....if we got rid of them our medical costs would plummet.....and we'd go back to having good, reasonably priced, top-of-the-line American health care...

Excuse me...I was clear ...AMERICANS now go fuck yourself sparky.

Clear as mud......you probably mean AMERICANS as in North, Central, and South....

Here are the FACTS dipshit.....
The Online NewsHour: The Uninsured in America | Who Are the Uninsured? -- April 6, 2007 | PBS

As you can see from the charts, non-citizens account for almost half (43% and growing) of the non-insured and that figure is even disputed as being too low....
American citizens -- especially native-born citizens -- are much more likely to have health insurance than immigrants are. In 2005, about 13 percent of native-born citizens lacked health insurance, while 43 percent of noncitizens did, according to the census bureau.

Even that estimate might be too low, according to Hoffman, because it's hard for census-takers to find undocumented workers willing to answer survey questions.

Also some say that 85% of the growth rate of the uninsured is due to illegals....
While all experts agree that noncitizens are less likely to have health insurance than citizens, the jury is still out on the question of how much impact immigrants have on the overall national uninsured rate.

Hoffman said that the idea that the growth of the uninsured rate is being fueled by immigrants is myth. "The numbers just don't support that," she said. "The large majority of the uninsured are U.S. citizens. While immigrants and the undocumented are less likely to have health insurance, there just aren't enough of them to make a difference in the overall rate."

But Fronstin disagreed. He said that his research found that immigration accounted for about 85 percent of the increase in uninsured rates between 1998 and 2003.

A noncitizen is NOT the same thing as an illegal immigrant. Ever heard of a little thing called a green card?

let me ask you Hug.....is this national ins. going to also deny coverage if they deem it to expensive?.....

let me ask you Hug.....is this national ins. going to also deny coverage if they deem it to expensive?.....

Yes, just like private insurance companies do.

You are merely another of those selfish individuals who is more than willing to let others pay for things you use, but aren't willing to pay for what others use.

this statement Nic is a little confusing......Cee is also paying for the things she uses,along with the others.....and she is also paying for what those others are using.....:eusa_eh:

A noncitizen is NOT the same thing as an illegal immigrant. Ever heard of a little thing called a green card?

but he is still NOT an American citizen and if he is counted as part of those millions without Ins.,he will still figure in the numbers of the non-citizens....

Yes, just like private insurance companies do.
so then whats the big deal?....i thought that this would NEVER happen with Uni.Ins.....this was one of the big gripes with the private Companies....

You are merely another of those selfish individuals who is more than willing to let others pay for things you use, but aren't willing to pay for what others use.

this statement Nic is a little confusing......Cee is also paying for the things she uses,along with the others.....and she is also paying for what those others are using.....:eusa_eh:

She is paying for those (although she doesn't realize it). But she is only willing to pay for things she, herself, may use. This is without realizing that everyone else chips in to pay for the things SHE uses, whether we use them or not.

but he is still NOT an American citizen and if he is counted as part of those millions without Ins.,he will still figure in the numbers of the non-citizens.... "

And? Whether someone is a citizen or not in this country, if they are here legally, they have rights.

so then whats the big deal?....i thought that this would NEVER happen with Uni.Ins.....this was one of the big gripes with the private Companies.... "

You thought wrong, and nobody ever claimed that. Some treatments are just too expensive. But there is no reason for people who have treatable, fairly cheap diseases being not treated because they don't have the money. And then we all get to pay lots and lots when they go into the ER because the longer you wait before treating a disease, the worse it gets.

Thats besides the fact that just because you have money you don't have more of a right to life than anyone else.

Just got to laugh at the righties who keep defending the obviously failing private health care system in this country. Costs continue to soar, more and more people uninsured and without health care and huge profits to the fats cats who have control of our health care.

Meanwhile American business, suddenly fighting for survival in a global economy, is burdened with the most expensive health care system in the world. We need universal healthcare as much for business as for people. Look at the competative disadvantage our auto industy is in compared to countries with universal care.

Even small businesses who don't provide healthcare to their employees would benifit from universal care. If everybody had healthcare why would businesses have to pay for Workers Compensation Insurance? This is a huge cost to many industries like construction. I'm a general building contractor and WC is the biggest added cost to labor, for carpenters it's around 40%. If I pay a guy $100.00, I pay $40.00 for WC. It's very hard to compete against the many unscrupulous contractors hiring illegal labor.

And? Whether someone is a citizen or not in this country, if they are here legally, they have rights.

You thought wrong, and nobody ever claimed that. Some treatments are just too expensive. But there is no reason for people who have treatable, fairly cheap diseases being not treated because they don't have the money. And then we all get to pay lots and lots when they go into the ER because the longer you wait before treating a disease, the worse it gets.

they w. the green cards might be here legally and have rights, but they dont have a right for free medical care.......and as such, they will be counted in with the non-citizens without Ins.

and what constitutes a "FAIRLY CHEAP DISEASE",and who makes that determination?

they w. the green cards might be here legally and have rights, but they dont have a right for free medical care.......and as such, they will be counted in with the non-citizens without Ins.

and what constitutes a "FAIRLY CHEAP DISEASE",and who makes that determination?

Your statement about permanent residents not having a "right" to free medical care is nonsensical. They don't have a legal right to it, as nobody else does either. But as far as going to a hospital to receive emergency care, actually they do have that right. They also have the same rights as citizens as far as drivers license, welfare, taxes, and any number of other rights and responsibilities that citizens share in this nation. What exactly is your justification for unilaterally claiming that they suddenly don't have a right to free healthcare? Their right is exactly the same as any US citizen. The government can discriminate against permanent residents, but only in a few, very specific ways. How it treats them for entitlements and for healthcare purposes aren't one of those ways.

As for the "fairly cheap disease", I was talking about things like diabetes, or even allergies. Where to treat it, it is very cheap, but left untreated it becomes extremely expensive.

But, of course, you had trouble comprehending. What you are trying to get at is what diseases will a national health insurance not cover because they are too expensive, and who makes the determination. The answer is, I don't know, and the government makes the determination. But right now the answer is, I don't know, and private for-profit businesses are making the determination. If I have to trust my health to one of two different organizations, one of whose goal is to improve my health, and one whose goal is to profit, its pretty obvious which one I should pick, the wailing and gnashing of teeth about governments many failures notwithstanding.

The lack of a single payer healthcare system is killing American business.

We can't compete because every other Western democracy has a single payer system, and they pay HALF per capita what we pay for healthcare.

Your statement about permanent residents not having a "right" to free medical care is nonsensical. They don't have a legal right to it, as nobody else does either. But as far as going to a hospital to receive emergency care, actually they do have that right. They also have the same rights as citizens as far as drivers license, welfare, taxes, and any number of other rights and responsibilities that citizens share in this nation. What exactly is your justification for unilaterally claiming that they suddenly don't have a right to free healthcare? Their right is exactly the same as any US citizen. The government can discriminate against permanent residents, but only in a few, very specific ways. How it treats them for entitlements and for healthcare purposes aren't one of those ways.

As for the "fairly cheap disease", I was talking about things like diabetes, or even allergies. Where to treat it, it is very cheap, but left untreated it becomes extremely expensive.

But, of course, you had trouble comprehending. What you are trying to get at is what diseases will a national health insurance not cover because they are too expensive, and who makes the determination. The answer is, I don't know, and the government makes the determination. But right now the answer is, I don't know, and private for-profit businesses are making the determination. If I have to trust my health to one of two different organizations, one of whose goal is to improve my health, and one whose goal is to profit, its pretty obvious which one I should pick, the wailing and gnashing of teeth about governments many failures notwithstanding.

we were not talking about emergency care Nic.....just regular going to a doctor...

and it seems to me Nic if your saying that the Universal HC controllers can pick and choose what diseases it deems "affordable" than nothing has changed....especially for those with the "non-affordable" ones....

we were not talking about emergency care Nic.....just regular going to a doctor...

and it seems to me Nic if your saying that the Universal HC controllers can pick and choose what diseases it deems "affordable" than nothing has changed....especially for those with the "non-affordable" ones....

If you aren't talking about emergency care, then you are ignorant of the actual situation. Emergency care cannot be denied to you. So what happens to all those uninsured people when their untreated affliction gets worse? Well, they go to the emergency room, where suddenly their disease is much more expensive and much harder to treat. Please explain to me how treating a disease with public money once its become an emergency is somehow ok, but treating a disease before that (which its cheaper, safer, and overall better), is somehow a negative thing.

As for nothing changing, a lot has changed, especially for the millions of people who have diseases that can be treated very cheaply, but they don't have the health insurance to do so, and so cannot get them treated at all. It doesn't cost much to go to a doctor, find out you have diabetes, and start eating better/taking insulin shots. Thats not an expensive treatment. So please tell me whats the justification for denying that treatment to god knows how many uninsured individuals

Forum List

Back