Before Racing To National Healthcare: Listen

Which means those that pay taxes will be providing it for everyone, whether they pay taxes or not...

Sorry... but you are not OWED a damn thing for your personal care, health, and well being from anyone else on this fucking earth

You're an adult... earn it and pay for it yourself

The government does not exist to be your insurance company.. what next? Government single payer auto insurance?

This is why left wingers just don't get it...

Ah yes, the 'rugged individual' argument. Everybody in this country pays tax. The idea that some don't pay tax is a lie.

I love how the righties are always saying that people who don't pay tax are getting a refund. This is a lie. It's true that some don't pay 'income tax' but those people do pay a tax on their income, it's just not called income tax. It's called FICA and it's paid by most people on the first dollar they make and they pay it on every dollar they make. Everyone pays sales tax. Everyone pays property tax, either directly or indirectly.

The government exists to be what the people decide it should be. If we want to pool our resources to provide health insurance for everyone we can do that.

This is why right wingers just don't get it.

WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG

Idiot leftist

#1 - Not all people pay income taxes.... this is an undisputed FACT
#2 - FICA goes to something SPECIFIC, does it not?
#3 - Property tax is not assessed by the federal government... but nice try
#4 - If you don't OWN property you don't PAY property tax
#5 - Any use of taxation for individual care of adults would have it that some are paying more for the same care, than others. I do not see anyone calling for the same AMOUNT of tax to be taken from every person to pay for the same PRODUCT or SERIES of PRODUCTS
#6 - By the nature of what is proposed, those who sit and earn nothing would be sapping off of the rest of the taxpaying citizenry

And once again.. as an adult in a country based on freedom and liberty... NOBODY FUCKING OWES YOU A GODDAMN THING TOWARDS YOUR PERSONAL CARE OR WELL BEING

Oh... and BTW... we have a little thing called a constitution in this republic that keeps us from inherently suffering the tyranny of pure democracy and the whim of the masses... and that is one thing the little extreme lefties such as yourself cannot seem to understand

1. All people who work legally pay a tax on their income, that's a fact. If you think that the name of a tax makes a difference, that's your poor ability critical thinking at work.
2. In theory, FICA goes to something specific, but the reality is that only 2/3 of the money collected for Social Security goes to pay for SS. The rest is 'borrowed' by the general fund so in reality every one is paying into the general fund.
3. I never said anything about federal or state taxes, only that everyone pays tax.
4. If you don't own property but only rent or lease property, let me assure you, you are paying the property tax through your rent payments. No property owner pays the property taxes out of his own pocket, they all charge enough rent to cover the property tax.
5. There are always inequities in tax payments, people with higher value homes pay more tax and thus pay more than others for their services be it public education, fire or police protection, etc.
6. There will always be some who will not work but the reality is that the vast majority of people want to be employed and therefore will pay tax. But to argue that therefore the rest of us should continue to be ripped off by the insurance companies is silly.

We as citizens can decide to pool our resources through taxations to provide for ourselves quality healthcare for all. You can continue to hurl invectives at those of us who think it is a good idea but it doesn't hide the weakness of your arguments.

If legislation is passed, it will be entirely consistent with the Constitution, but that same Constitution will continue to protect your right to make your silly arguments.

Want to bet there are more horror stories of people unfairly treated by private insurance companies than of people who were by national health care services?

Private insurance companies exist to make profits not to make people healthy. They routinely look for ways to deny coverage to policy holders. That's how they make money.

Medicare is designed to provide healthcare and it does it for only about 2% overhead. Private insurance companies suck out 25% of the total spent on policies for doing essentially nothing.

Who thinks this is a good way to deliver health care?

Faces of government healthcare:

Faces of Government Healthcare

Except that nobody is presently talking about installing "government" universal health care. Try to pay attention.

But even if they were, why is there the erroneous perception that we would follow the models of Canada or Great Britain? If universal health care were being proposed, a plan would be developed which does not include what does not work well elsewhere, and injecting what does work, then designing it after our own health profiles.

Except that nobody is presently talking about installing "government" universal health care. Try to pay attention.

But even if they were, why is there the erroneous perception that we would follow the models of Canada or Great Britain? If universal health care were being proposed, a plan would be developed which does not include what does not work well elsewhere, and injecting what does work, then designing it after our own health profiles.
Sure they would. Just like the great job they're doing with autos and financials. :rolleyes:

Dick Cheney, George Bush, John Boehner, your parents, my parents, and retired military vets are all on taxpayer funded public healthcare. And I haven't heard them complaining about it.

why don't we ask them how they like it, rather than rely on the opinons of a rightwing blog author?

Funny... a benefit of employment.... for the likes of the Military, Bush, Clinton, Cheney, Carter, etc

Not exactly the same of just giving it away

But nice try

Point taken, but why should they get it FOR LIFE? How about if exclusive federal employees are required to opt for COLA coverage until they can buy their own health insurance once they leave government employ? [Spinning wheels..ain't gonna happen...]

Funny... a benefit of employment.... for the likes of the Military, Bush, Clinton, Cheney, Carter, etc

Not exactly the same of just giving it away

But nice try

Giving it away? Hey we will be paying taxes to pay for it. Nothing going to be given away. The difference is that there will not be a middle man (insurance companies) taking a cut for doing nothing. All the money will go to medical expenses instead of fat cat corporate CEOs.

Why is it that right wingers love to get screwed by big buisness?

Which means those that pay taxes will be providing it for everyone, whether they pay taxes or not...

Sorry... but you are not OWED a damn thing for your personal care, health, and well being from anyone else on this fucking earth

The government does not exist to be your insurance company.. what next? Government single payer auto insurance?

What we *get* and you don't is that without a healthy, educated society, we will continue to slip as a global power. Those are fundamental requirements. If the private sector had delivered and not created a downward spiral of unaffordability, health care wouldn't even be an issue.

whats good enough for the government leaders should be good enough for the voters...if they get "free" (its paid for by the taxpayers) why shouldnt the taxpayers?

well,, if you had listened to the posted video you would know that what you get for "free" is a chance to stand in line and wait for healthcare,,,sometimes til you no longer need it. now you don't really think they are gonna make the obamalama wiat? doya? or any of the congresscritters? even the tax evading congresscritters...

Guess what, everyone stands in line to get health care. I had to wait 6 weeks to get an injection in my back to relieve extreme pain and I have Kaiser.

Trying to scare people about the availablity of healthcare with a single payer system isn't working anymore. I've met and talked to quite a few people from Canada and Europe (Britain and Sweden) who report no wait times for emergency care.

I have relatives in Toronto, and although I haven't talked with them in recent years, the last time they visited the States, we had a kitchen table discussion over this, and they both said that, just as in the United States, the "horror stories" we hear have been plucked from isolated incidents and blown out of proportion to become all-inclusive "examples" of Canadian health care. Although these relatives could well afford their own health coverage, and do have secondary coverage, for day-to-day health needs at a PREVENTIVE level, they say that it is well worth the taxes even if they, personally, don't avail themselves too often. But others do, and without such free preventive care, would be subject to more serious and expensive protracted illness, which would cost the government more in the long run. Sound familiar?

DiamondDave said:
And once again.. as an adult in a country based on freedom and liberty... NOBODY FUCKING OWES YOU A GODDAMN THING TOWARDS YOUR PERSONAL CARE OR WELL BEING

Tell that to returning Iraqi vets and their families.

Sure they would. Just like the great job they're doing with autos and financials. :rolleyes:

Bad analogy. Quite simply, to allow the financial institutions to fail would mean zero credit flow to keep the private sector functioning. But wait! What you're saying is that <gasp> the autos and financials, all privately operated, fucked up. :lol:

No shit.

Bad analogy. Quite simply, to allow the financial institutions to fail would mean zero credit flow to keep the private sector functioning. But wait! What you're saying is that <gasp> the autos and financials, all privately operated, fucked up. :lol:

No shit.
Not as bad as it is with Uncle Sam in there.

No shit.
Not as bad as it is with Uncle Sam in there.

Must...have...last...word... Knock yerseff out "Annie" honey.

I have talked to several and all have told me that thier health care system is horrible. They have waiting lists to a point where people have died waiting for surgery.

You have all seen how the government manages Medicare and Medicaid, trillions of dollars in programs and yet some physicians are now refusing to see Medicare patients. Do we really want to turn over our health care to a huge government who can't manage efficiently what they already have.

I agree that something has to be done, I think that it should be state mandated. Make it law that you are required to carry health insurance, we do it with auto insurance in the state of Colorado. It keeps everyone's costs down.

There has got to be a small business group plan that small business can join, over 80% of Americans are employed by small business yet there is no plan that they can join. Any wonder why so many Americans don't have health care, this is just one of many reasons.

Ah yes, the 'rugged individual' argument. Everybody in this country pays tax. The idea that some don't pay tax is a lie.

I love how the righties are always saying that people who don't pay tax are getting a refund. This is a lie. It's true that some don't pay 'income tax' but those people do pay a tax on their income, it's just not called income tax. It's called FICA and it's paid by most people on the first dollar they make and they pay it on every dollar they make. Everyone pays sales tax. Everyone pays property tax, either directly or indirectly.

The government exists to be what the people decide it should be. If we want to pool our resources to provide health insurance for everyone we can do that.

This is why right wingers just don't get it.

WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG

Idiot leftist

#1 - Not all people pay income taxes.... this is an undisputed FACT
#2 - FICA goes to something SPECIFIC, does it not?
#3 - Property tax is not assessed by the federal government... but nice try
#4 - If you don't OWN property you don't PAY property tax
#5 - Any use of taxation for individual care of adults would have it that some are paying more for the same care, than others. I do not see anyone calling for the same AMOUNT of tax to be taken from every person to pay for the same PRODUCT or SERIES of PRODUCTS
#6 - By the nature of what is proposed, those who sit and earn nothing would be sapping off of the rest of the taxpaying citizenry

Oh... and BTW... we have a little thing called a constitution in this republic that keeps us from inherently suffering the tyranny of pure democracy and the whim of the masses... and that is one thing the little extreme lefties such as yourself cannot seem to understand

Please get out your constitution and read about the general welfare clause, the taxing and spending clause... read Alexander Hamilton in the federalist papers, US vs. Butler....

You guys are raving lunatics that have no eduation to back up your meme of "OMG OMG We have a constitution! You're shitting on the constitution!!!!!!111!!!"

Dick Cheney, George Bush, John Boehner, your parents, my parents, and retired military vets are all on taxpayer funded public healthcare. And I haven't heard them complaining about it.

why don't we ask them how they like it, rather than rely on the opinons of a rightwing blog author?

aparently RD you have never met an elderly person that has the "GOVT. FUNDED HEALTHCARE"......my parents had it and when both needed care beyond what MEDICARE would cover,in order to get the needed care we were going to have to sell ALL their assets and turn their house over to the Govt.....and then they would cover what they needed.....yea great system....i am sure the elderly are eagerly waiting to turn their assets over to the govt.in return for needed care....

Guess what, everyone stands in line to get health care. I had to wait 6 weeks to get an injection in my back to relieve extreme pain and I have Kaiser.

Trying to scare people about the availablity of healthcare with a single payer system isn't working anymore. I've met and talked to quite a few people from Canada and Europe (Britain and Sweden) who report no wait times for emergency care.

what a crock of shit.....

aparently RD you have never met an elderly person that has the "GOVT. FUNDED HEALTHCARE"......my parents had it and when both needed care beyond what MEDICARE would cover,in order to get the needed care we were going to have to sell ALL their assets and turn their house over to the Govt.....and then they would cover what they needed.....yea great system....i am sure the elderly are eagerly waiting to turn their assets over to the govt.in return for needed care....

Just encourage your republican representatives to run on a platform of eliminating Medicare, and letting seniors get insurance on the free market, if you feel that way.

New Topics

Forum List

Back