Before anyone else says anything more about assault weapons

Nutters.....you have to admire their persistent attempts to be funny in the face of so many failures.

No failure here. We're still armed and recently locked in by SCOTUS and incorporated to the States.

Well..I guess if ya can't be funny....you can always say something that makes no sense to get others to laugh at you. Well done, funny man.

Heller v. DC

McDonald v. Chicago incorporated to the States

You can't bathe yourself in enough innocent child blood.

Nutters,

You are on the wrong side of this issue. How about breaking character and not digging your heels in this time around. I know it is hard for you.......as you are all so comfortable being on the wrong side of issues. But let's do the right thing. Gun violence is not good for business.

Look, I really don't understand what you're getting at in this gun control discussion. You keep making "oh pity, woe is us" statements. You want something to be done about gun violence, I get that. But you're not saying much of anything, otherwise.

I realize that not every poster reads every post here....even within a thread that they are heavily involved in....so I will forgive this " you're not saying much of anything " BS. The thinking members of this forum, myself included, have outlined what we mean by sensible firearms legislation over and over again. Yet, those of you who never get beyond the point of reacting pretend that you never read any of it.

One difference between a sane, thinking person and an insane or stupid person is that the former quickly tires of saying the same thing several times. The latter, on the other hand, believes that chasing someone away by boring them to death ........with shit like a discussion of the inner workings of an automatic versus a semi-automatic weapon.......is some kind of victory.

Because I do not think YOU are insane nor stupid, I will dig deep and propose the following again:

Sensible firearms regulation, in my opinion, takes the following into account:

Americans citizens have a right to purchase and own firearms. A right that requires regulation in the interest of public safety and improving our quality of life.

The 2nd amendment is subject to legal interpretation....which in turn....is subject to the fact that times change. When the circumstances that we find ourselves in change dramatically, it is not a bad thing to take that into account when administering our laws.

Providing for the national defense via a well regulated militia is still a viable goal. To that end, those people desirous of possessing assault weapons can do so. But they should be required to do things like this:

-register them
-have biometric locks on them
-refrain from selling them or giving them away
-store them at the range
-get licensed
-undergo continuous training to keep the license
-have a background check and a mental health evaluation.

In the event that our nation is invaded, there will be laws that will allow those Rambo's to get their weapons so they can go out and shoot the enemy. If they live on the beach where the enemy lands.....and don't have time to go get the weapon at the range......too bad, so sad.

The idea that the 2nd amendment is supposed to make civil war easier is retarded.

An acceptance that assault weapons are, for the most part, a form of entertainment for gun enthusiasts. We should stop pretending that the USC gives us the right to be entertained.

An assault weapon is a firearm that can kill lots of people in a short amount of time. It makes it possible for a psychopath to get off a lot of rounds before the innocent people he is shooting at can get the fuck out of dodge. To me, that means semi-automatic........rifle, handgun, whatever.

The idea that we would ever need more than a half dozen bullets loaded into our weapon in order to defend ourselves from a home invasion is fucking retarded.

A realization that....unlike all the other things that Americans love that can and do end up killing people......firearms are designed to do this. They, therefore, need to be placed in their own category when we discuss regulating them. Common sense.

OK.....that is enough for now. Have a party.

You miss the whole point behind owning weapons. It is not just for sport or protecting against bad foreigners or criminals. It is mainly so that when our goverment decides to have more than liberalism it goes to tyranny (and goverments who want to collect the citizens gun always have)
We will have more than a shotgun to make it as hard as possible on them the DOMESTIC enemy .
Wether you know it or not there are plenty of well educated citizens who are concerned as to what the real reason is to have more laws,and possible collecting of asault weapons when we all know that it will not keep the bad guy from killing again.
Look Cocain,Pot and a host of other illegal drugs are killing more every day than all the guns, and we are helpless to stop that.

Look, I really don't understand what you're getting at in this gun control discussion. You keep making "oh pity, woe is us" statements. You want something to be done about gun violence, I get that. But you're not saying much of anything, otherwise.

I realize that not every poster reads every post here....even within a thread that they are heavily involved in....so I will forgive this " you're not saying much of anything " BS. The thinking members of this forum, myself included, have outlined what we mean by sensible firearms legislation over and over again. Yet, those of you who never get beyond the point of reacting pretend that you never read any of it.

One difference between a sane, thinking person and an insane or stupid person is that the former quickly tires of saying the same thing several times. The latter, on the other hand, believes that chasing someone away by boring them to death ........with shit like a discussion of the inner workings of an automatic versus a semi-automatic weapon.......is some kind of victory.

Because I do not think YOU are insane nor stupid, I will dig deep and propose the following again:

Americans citizens have a right to purchase and own firearms. A right that requires regulation in the interest of public safety and improving our quality of life.

The 2nd amendment is subject to legal interpretation....which in turn....is subject to the fact that times change. When the circumstances that we find ourselves in change dramatically, it is not a bad thing to take that into account when administering our laws.

Providing for the national defense via a well regulated militia is still a viable goal. To that end, those people desirous of possessing assault weapons can do so. But they should be required to do things like this:

-register them
-store them at the range
-get licensed

In the event that our nation is invaded, there will be laws that will allow those Rambo's to get their weapons so they can go out and shoot the enemy. If they live on the beach where the enemy lands.....and don't have time to go get the weapon at the range......too bad, so sad.

The idea that the 2nd amendment is supposed to make civil war easier is retarded.

An acceptance that assault weapons are, for the most part, a form of entertainment for gun enthusiasts. We should stop pretending that the USC gives us the right to be entertained.

An assault weapon is a firearm that can kill lots of people in a short amount of time. It makes it possible for a psychopath to get off a lot of rounds before the innocent people he is shooting at can get the fuck out of dodge. To me, that means semi-automatic........rifle, handgun, whatever.

The idea that we would ever need more than a half dozen bullets loaded into our weapon in order to defend ourselves from a home invasion is fucking retarded.

A realization that....unlike all the other things that Americans love that can and do end up killing people......firearms are designed to do this. They, therefore, need to be placed in their own category when we discuss regulating them. Common sense.

You miss the whole point behind owning weapons. It is not just for sport or protecting against bad foreigners or criminals. It is mainly so that when our goverment decides to have more than liberalism it goes to tyranny (and goverments who want to collect the citizens gun always have)
We will have more than a shotgun to make it as hard as possible on them the DOMESTIC enemy .

Wether you know it or not there are plenty of well educated citizens who are concerned as to what the real reason is to have more laws,and possible collecting of asault weapons when we all know that it will not keep the bad guy from killing again.
Look Cocain,Pot and a host of other illegal drugs are killing more every day than all the guns, and we are helpless to stop that.

Retarded.

I wonder why I have not gotten even a simple reply from Inthemiddle after ONCE AGAIN going through the trouble of answering the question that he posed?

Am I shocked?

The fact that something is illegal does not make it impossible.

The parts do not physically fit. That is what makes it impossible. The Australians made bolt action rifles into fully auto rifles during the second world war so I guess in that sense anything is possible.

Do they not fit the same way a square peg does not fit in a round hole or do they not fit the say way it is impossible to put 20 clowns in a Mini Cooper?

Nutters,

You are on the wrong side of this issue. How about breaking character and not digging your heels in this time around. I know it is hard for you.......as you are all so comfortable being on the wrong side of issues. But let's do the right thing. Gun violence is not good for business.

-register them
-store them at the range
-get licensed

Your definition of reasonable would require people to buy cars and store them in government approved garages 50 miles from your front door.

Since no one else on the planet defines reasonable that way, and no one that is actually capable of thinking would even attempt to define that as reasonable, the most you deserve in response to anything you post is neener neener.

-register them
-store them at the range
-get licensed

Your definition of reasonable would require people to buy cars and store them in government approved garages 50 miles from your front door.

Since no one else on the planet defines reasonable that way, and no one that is actually capable of thinking would even attempt to define that as reasonable, the most you deserve in response to anything you post is neener neener.

Try again. This time, read the entire thing.

-register them
-store them at the range
-get licensed

Try again. This time, read the entire thing.

No.

You know what else kills people, sugar, but I really like sugar and refuse to let the government tell me I can't have it, even if other people can't handle it.

Last edited:
Make sure you know what the Hell you are talking about.

This is an assault rifle.

m16-rifle.jpg

However, this is not an assault rifle.

AR-15_2-111973_630x210.jpg

If you aren't able to tell the difference, then you're right about one thing. These pictures won't show the difference. Because the difference is not distinguishable from the outer cosmetic qualities of each weapon. If you think the second one should be called an assault rifle, then you have to call this an assault rifle too.

Mini14GB.jpg

Now, you see a difference between the two, right? WRONG! There is no difference in operation of either one, other than cosmetics. Here, meet the AR-15

579624_01_lower_receiver_for_ar_15_strip_640.jpg

That's it! That's an AR-15. For the most part, everything else that you see in the above pictures are cosmetic additions. An AR-15 is a SEMIautomatic firing weapon. That is distinctly different than automatic fire, and is NOT an assault weapon. While using different technology, the trigger pull of an AR-15 has the same overall affect as pulling the trigger of this.

5765.jpg

So, if you're going to babble on about banning "assault" weapons, then know what you're talking about. Because the vast majority of people who want assault weapons bans don't even know the first thing about guns in the first place. If you don't know what you're talking about, don't talk in the first place.
no more Ar-15's for civilians. Good.

This is all about small penis's. It really is. And I am a gun owner. :)

Forum List

Back