Beer

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
Mrs T brought home a slab of Bud Light the other day and I have to say how underwhelmed I am. It tastes of piss and I still have about 9 cans to get through.

She got it cheap because it isnt selling. Thank God she didnt buy all of it.
18527634_10213351697935362_280023595816261796_n.jpg

It got me thinking of American beers. I remember from my visits there that your drinking culture is different to ours in that you do not drink heavily. Most of the beers I tried were ok but a bit underpowered. Probably to refrain you from getting drunk and killing each other in a drunken rage.

But I know that there is better out there. A few weeks ago I went to a wake in a local hotel and they were serving this beauty - ON DRAUGHT !! God Bless America !! It really enhanced my funeral experience.

shipyard_export_web.png

Shipyard

So how do Coors and Bud achieve such dominance when there are real quality beers out there ?

Mrs T brought home a slab of Bud Light the other day and I have to say how underwhelmed I am. It tastes of piss and I still have about 9 cans to get through.

It got me thinking of American beers. I remember from my visits there that your drinking culture is different to ours in that you do not drink heavily. Most of the beers I tried were ok but a bit underpowered. Probably to refrain you from getting drunk and killing each other in a drunken rage.

But I know that there is better out there. A few weeks ago I went to a wake in a local hotel and they were serving this beauty - ON DRAUGHT !! God Bless America !! It really enhanced my funeral experience.

shipyard_export_web.png

Shipyard

So how do Coors and Bud achieve such dominance when there are real quality beers out there ?

/---- Light beer is for guys who don't want to be seen drinking sparkling designer water. My friends and I went to a German beer garden for a little R&R when one of us ordered a Bud Light. We publicly humiliated him into trying a Lager. He actually enjoyed it.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

shipyard_export_web.png

Shipyard

Democrats drink the piss.

So, now politics and 'God' have been dragged into a simple discussion about beer!

shipyard_export_web.png

Shipyard

Bud Light is only good for catching slugs in the garden.

What planet did I wake up on? I agree with TT on something.

It's a national embarrassment that Bud, Bud Light, Coors and the rest of the carbonated piss water beer brands top the sales when for a few cents more per bottle, you can enjoy a good handcrafted beer.

We have two microbreweries in my small town of 60,000. No reason to drink piss water.

98fc9a635ce0bbe6368adcaf67e5d024--funny-funny-funny-funny-memes.jpg

[/QUOTE]Bud Light is only good for catching slugs in the garden.[/QUOTE]
Could be considered cruelty to animals.

What planet did I wake up on? I agree with TT on something.

It's a national embarrassment that Bud, Bud Light, Coors and the rest of the carbonated piss water beer brands top the sales when for a few cents more per bottle, you can enjoy a good handcrafted beer.

We have two microbreweries in my small town of 60,000. No reason to drink piss water.

98fc9a635ce0bbe6368adcaf67e5d024--funny-funny-funny-funny-memes.jpg
The UK is pretty much the same. There are 3 or 4 giants that control the market and serve up bland crap for the masses. They bought up all the old regional breweries and closed down anything different. Wrexham,where I live is a traditional brewing town and all our breweries were bought up,shut down and we lost a lot of local tradition.Luckily someone was able to buy up the famous Wrexham Lager brand from Carlsberg and it is now being brewed in the town again.

There has been a resurgence in micro breweries over that last decade though and the bigger pubcos have realised that their beers are popular. Chains like Wetherspoons are always promoting new things and in fact they also have Shipyard on draught at the moment.

Bud is much better than bud light.

Drink it ice cold.

/---- Beer should be served at room temperature and maintain its taste. If it has to be served ice cold then it's bad beer. it's done to numb the taste buds to mask the horrible taste. Besides Bud is made from rice. Read the label then read the German Beer purity law.

Bud is much better than bud light.

Drink it ice cold.

/---- Beer should be served at room temperature and maintain its taste. If it has to be served ice cold then it's bad beer. it's done to numb the taste buds to mask the horrible taste. Besides Bud is made from rice. Read the label then read the German Beer purity law.

What does the GBP law have to do with it.

An ice cold bud is still an ice cold bud.

King of Beers.

Forum List

Back