Beer companies opposing legal pot in Cali

they could just do the ''walk the straight line, and touch the nose test''....maybe?

Ahh maybe not. Since Pot does not effect motor skills like Booze does.
then they would not fail the test....they would be ok to drive? unless there is something else that is a side effect that makes their driving not acceptable? we don't need babysitters, we need common sense....and if the mj smoker stopped, passes the ''reaction/sobriety tests'' then why should they be ticketed? you can drink and drive, as long as you have not drank too much, to where your driving is impaired, right?

It slows your reaction time, which I am sure could cause accidents, but it does not have the radical effects on motor skills booze does.

It also tends to make you calmer which might counter some of that slower reaction time.

The problem here is so far they have no reliable test that will prove you are high when driving. You could have gotten high the day before and the current tests would not be able to tell the difference. There is also a rather high false positive rate with the tests they are working on .

I read mJ blogs and crime blogs all the time. Driving under MJ certainly is flying under the radar as a crime problem.

I don't know about you but I rather be on the road with 100 stoned drivers than 1 Drunk one.

stoners are most likely to be cited for going too slow than speeding, I have never had a thought of I hope there's no stoners on the road.:lol:

Slow fucked up drivers can be just as dangerous as fast fucked up drivers.
Argue for the legalization of pot all you want but don't be blowing smoke up my ass.
The end result will be more impaired drivers out there. We will have drunk drivers AND stoned drivers.
Develop a legal means to discourage potheads from taking it on the road.

Forum List

Back