Beer Can Chicken ... YUM!!!

CA95380

USMB Member
Jul 23, 2008
Central California
How many of you have tried it? This stuff is awesome! Even we Yuppies in California like it - but I have to admit it does kind of look like a good ole "REDNECK BAR-B-Q" .... favorite! :D

finished_chicken.JPG

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwXf6rj2Ik0]YouTube - How to Make Beer Can Chicken : How to Prepare Grill for Chicken[/ame]

And I do not even think it has "Trans Fats" unless you add them! :eusa_shifty:

I have the little beer can apparatus but have never tried it. I've never tried the deep fried turkey either.. I hear thats some tasty shit. My heart slows down just thinking about it but...

I have the little beer can apparatus but have never tried it. I've never tried the deep fried turkey either.. I hear thats some tasty shit. My heart slows down just thinking about it but...

We had Thanksgiving dinner (potluck style) last year at the home of a friend. There was a very large group of people there and 3 different people were invited to cook the main dish .. a turkey .. for the gathering. It was really kind of fun.

1. The first turkey was cooked traditionally, in the oven stuffed with cornbread stuffing, and all the trimmings. The usual yummy, yummy Thanksgiving turkey.

2. The second was a large goose, stuffed with a de-boned turkey, stuffed with a duck, stuffed with a chicken. It was good, more interesting than actually all that good. But still tasty.

3. The thrid was a deep fried turkey, cooked on the spot in the back yard, in one of those turkey deep fryers. Hmmmm .... let me try to describe this one. It really was a good show to watch and it gathered quite a crowd - off and on - to see how it was doing, as it cooked. And the final taste test was not overwhelming. I did not like the taste of it ... plus it was - too greasy.

So the overall consensus was ..... DO NOT MESS WITH TRADITIONAL THANKSGIVNG TURKEY! :D

i hate to be the bearer of bad news granny, but senior citizens do not qualify as "Yuppies" - that Y stands for YOUNG. :tongue:

Hey, granny is young compared to John McCain!

And she is young at heart! :cool:

{Just don't bring up Hilliary around her! :eusa_whistle: )

Been doing it for about 10 years now. Yummmmm

Though has anyone else noticed an already cooked rotessirie in the supermarket is cheaper the a uncooked one?

Last edited:
This is better than rotisserie chicken. I've got the one that grills two chickens at once.

Has anyone used a variation of the traditional?

Forum List

Back