been screaming for this for years

and now , yes - "My Boy" Obama is going to do it. I personally don't give a damn that this site is filled with so many Obama haters, I love that he's the Prez and something like this, even as small as it is, is exactly why I love him - forward thinking

Obama unveils high-speed passenger rail plan - CNN.com

I rode the Amtrack from chicago to los angeles, nice, very nice, except the train was filled with a bunch of low life scum. Gang members, white trash, all talking about thier next crime, literally. It was disgusting, I could not believe it. Amtrack has always lost money. A big hole to dump cash, completely subsidized, they even haul mail on it in order to bounce the books and make Amtrack not so deep in the red.

I guess this will be built to Joe Biden's house so he dont have to spend so much time on the old Amtrack.

So whats it going to be powered by, solar panels on the roof, or a windmill on each end? Most likely the will put three or four liberal statists on the back yelling, you lousy fucking bush supporting ignorant anti gay rignts wont let us kill babies backward HATING conservatives, that ought to move it along at high speed.

Anyhow its subsidized transportation for ACORN and every other crack head I saw on the Amtrack.

and now , yes - "My Boy" Obama is going to do it. I personally don't give a damn that this site is filled with so many Obama haters, I love that he's the Prez and something like this, even as small as it is, is exactly why I love him - forward thinking

I rode the Amtrack from chicago to los angeles, nice, very nice, except the train was filled with a bunch of low life scum. Gang members, white trash, all talking about thier next crime, literally. It was disgusting, I could not believe it. Amtrack has always lost money. A big hole to dump cash, completely subsidized, they even haul mail on it in order to bounce the books and make Amtrack not so deep in the red.

I guess this will be built to Joe Biden's house so he dont have to spend so much time on the old Amtrack.

So whats it going to be powered by, solar panels on the roof, or a windmill on each end? Most likely the will put three or four liberal statists on the back yelling, you lousy fucking bush supporting ignorant anti gay rignts wont let us kill babies backward HATING conservatives, that ought to move it along at high speed.

Anyhow its subsidized transportation for ACORN and every other crack head I saw on the Amtrack.
now if that were true, Amtrak should be profitable
LOL

if this was something that was financially viable, they wouldnt need a dime of tax payer money to get it started
the project would fund itself with private investment

Exactly.

And this isn't going to "create jobs," because the government can't create jobs. All they're going to do is take money from productive areas and put it into this unproductive area.

I see. Building all those B-17s and B-24s created no jobs at all? Those Liberty ships and carriers just grew in the shipyards? Kevin, your ideological arguements just get more rediculous.

All Democrats are cracking up to be is gimmme gimmmie gimmmie people. dosen't say much for or about you. cept gimmie!

And you're proving FDR was right...

A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who, however, has never learned how to walk forward.
Franklin D. Roosevelt

Walking forward, groping in the dark as you lefties do usually results in breaking your nose on a wall or going over a cliff.

Sure, Gunny, sure. Eight years, two failed wars, the murderer of 3000 Americans on American soil still alive and free, the economy damned near in the Second Great Republican Depression. You guys have such a wonderful track record. You crashed the nation, aren't you so proud?

The cost of the automobile society is directly tied to the luddite lefts unwillingness to enmbrace new technologies in almost every field of energy production.

Really? Seems to me that it is the Conservatives that have been fighting the idea of alternative energy.

And we already have a model for how to move people in an Urban setting. The Portland light rail system really shined when the gas went to $4. Not only that, many have continued to use the system even though the price has dropped back to $2.

Font Size: PrintEmail TweetThis By Jeff St. John

Southern California Edison has finished California's largest commercial rooftop solar panel installation to date – the first step in its $875 million plan to put 250 megawatts of solar panels on two square miles of rooftops.

The utility said Monday that its installation on a 600,000-square-foot roof of a Fontana, Calif. distribution warehouse owned by ProLogis (PLD) will generate enough electricity to power 1,300 homes in Riverside and San Bernardino counties.

Phoenix, Ariz.-based First Solar (FLSR), which supplied the 33,700 thin-film panels for the Fontana project, said it would generate 2 megawatts of electricity (see First Solar Scores SCE Panel Bid).

Applied Materials (AMAT) and Google (GOOG) have rooftop solar installations at their respective California corporate campuses that generate 1.9 megawatts and 1.6 megawatts respectively. Both of those installations are made from crystalline solar cells. There is also a 14 megawatt ground-mounted solar installation at Nellis Air Force Base. Japan and Germany also sport several large privately-owned solar installations.

First Solar, which now holds a lead in the thin-film solar panel market with its cadmium-telluride panels, will also supply Southern California Edison's next solar rooftop project, a 1-megawatt installation on an industrial building owned by Multi-Employer Property trust in Chino, Calif.

Southern California Edison made waves in March when it unveiled its massive-scale commercial rooftop plans, meant to supply enough electricity to power 165,000 homes. The utility hasn't announced any other sites for its solar rooftops projects beyond the first two.

California Solar Rooftop Project Hits Milestone -- Seeking Alpha

Font Size: PrintEmail TweetThis By Jeff St. John

Southern California Edison has finished California's largest commercial rooftop solar panel installation to date – the first step in its $875 million plan to put 250 megawatts of solar panels on two square miles of rooftops.

The utility said Monday that its installation on a 600,000-square-foot roof of a Fontana, Calif. distribution warehouse owned by ProLogis (PLD) will generate enough electricity to power 1,300 homes in Riverside and San Bernardino counties.

Phoenix, Ariz.-based First Solar (FLSR), which supplied the 33,700 thin-film panels for the Fontana project, said it would generate 2 megawatts of electricity (see First Solar Scores SCE Panel Bid).

Applied Materials (AMAT) and Google (GOOG) have rooftop solar installations at their respective California corporate campuses that generate 1.9 megawatts and 1.6 megawatts respectively. Both of those installations are made from crystalline solar cells. There is also a 14 megawatt ground-mounted solar installation at Nellis Air Force Base. Japan and Germany also sport several large privately-owned solar installations.

First Solar, which now holds a lead in the thin-film solar panel market with its cadmium-telluride panels, will also supply Southern California Edison's next solar rooftop project, a 1-megawatt installation on an industrial building owned by Multi-Employer Property trust in Chino, Calif.

Southern California Edison made waves in March when it unveiled its massive-scale commercial rooftop plans, meant to supply enough electricity to power 165,000 homes. The utility hasn't announced any other sites for its solar rooftops projects beyond the first two.

California Solar Rooftop Project Hits Milestone -- Seeking Alpha

California needs 52,000 gwh, to pump water, 20% of our electical needs.

2 x 52000 = 260,000 gmw

Your measly little rooftop project, which is using inflated estimates, is insignificant.

Southern California has also just anounced its rates are going up.

Time to leave california.

You know, I know this sounds like a flame but I dont intend it to, but, is that all you can do is post someone elses data. You got to be able to look at the big picture. Higher electrical rates means higher costs for everything from food to water.

The greenee meanees do not care, there basic idea is people are bad and the earth would be better off without people. That is without all the people but the greenee meanees.

I had a woman I work with share a book like this, in it was a lot of false ideas on what would happen to things like nuclear power plants. I dont own the book so I wont paraphrase or try to quote but I work in nuclear power plants and pointed out some complete falsehoods this professor wrote.

Some quick links if you want to check and see for yourself

The World Without Us - Alan Weisman

Imagine Earth without people - environment - 12 October 2006 - New Scientist

An Earth Without People: Scientific American

if this was something that was financially viable, they wouldnt need a dime of tax payer money to get it started

Exactly.

And this isn't going to "create jobs," because the government can't create jobs. All they're going to do is take money from productive areas and put it into this unproductive area.

I see. Building all those B-17s and B-24s created no jobs at all? Those Liberty ships and carriers just grew in the shipyards? Kevin, your ideological arguements just get more rediculous.

No, I'm afraid my "ideological" arguments are sound. By taking money out of the private sector to create those B-17's and B-24's and Liberty ships and carriers the government hurts the economy. Where would that money have gone had the government not stolen it? Maybe somebody would have bought a car, or a new suit, or any number of possibilities. So now those industries suffer because the government took the money away from where it was supposed to go, and put it somewhere else. Also, those weapons of war have no value to anyone here at home because we have no use for them.

Exactly.

No, I'm afraid my "ideological" arguments are sound. By taking money out of the private sector to create those B-17's and B-24's and Liberty ships and carriers the government hurts the economy. Where would that money have gone had the government not stolen it? Maybe somebody would have bought a car, or a new suit, or any number of possibilities. So now those industries suffer because the government took the money away from where it was supposed to go, and put it somewhere else. Also, those weapons of war have no value to anyone here at home because we have no use for them.
well, it was better put into those things than just giving it to someone for doing nothing

The cost of the automobile society is directly tied to the luddite lefts unwillingness to enmbrace new technologies in almost every field of energy production.

Did you mother drop you on your head?

ALL you need to do is look at the posts of your right wing comrades... the right is against change, new ideas and new technologies...

The clinical name for what you are doing is projection...

A liberal on his way to the next NASCAR event...

163_0802_2008_readers_rides_38z+2001_ford_f250_super_duty+gary_tooley_of_huntingburg_indiana.jpg
so, we have another hypocrite liberal that doesnt practice what they preach

:lol:

I was using irony, but now I've changed it to sarcasm...

Exactly.

At present I understand a little German. Had we not built those planes and ships, I would know either a lot of German or Japanese. And you would not have had to worry about your ideological windmill tilting. Your ideology would have been decided for your, no deviations allowed.

At present I understand a little German. Had we not built those planes and ships, I would know either a lot of German or Japanese. And you would not have had to worry about your ideological windmill tilting. Your ideology would have been decided for your, no deviations allowed.

Regardless of whether you think those things were a good investment or not, the fact remains that government spending, and especially war-time spending, is harmful to the economy.

How many lefties are there in favor of Nuclear Power Numbnutz? How about Clean coal. Most of the green weanies are uber Luddites who frankly thing we should all go back to living in caves and freezing in the dark.

And Kevin on this one you are wrong. WWII was an exception to the standard rule if for no other reason than the fact that prior to it no one was buying anything. And almost no one had a job. In the fifties the economy was driven almost entirely by military spending at the Fed level and a housing boom driven by federally guaranteed home loans for ex GI's. There is a major difference between that sort of spending and the sort of spending we are doing now. It got factories up and running and people gainfully employed.

The spending we are doing now isn't making anyone gainfully employed or getting factories up and runnng infact it is counter productive to that end.

Last edited:
And Kevin on this one you are wrong. WWII was an exception to the standard rule if for no other reason than the fact that prior to it no one was buying anything. And almost no one had a job. In the fifties the economy was driven almost entirely by military spending at the Fed level and a housing boom driven by federally guaranteed home loans for ex GI's. There is a major difference between that sort of spending and the sort of spending we are doing now. It got factories up and running and people gainfully employed.

The spending we are doing now isn't making anyone gainfully employed or getting factories up and runnng infact it is counter productive to that end.

There are no exceptions to the rule. You're not factoring time into the equation. Perhaps people were saving or "hoarding" their money for the time being, on account of uncertainty of the times, but eventually that money would have been spent. They were forgoing present spending for future spending, and the same principle applies. Whoever would have received that money did not because the government spent it elsewhere, and thus they suffer that loss.

No one had anything to save. My dad and mom lived though it. Most people though scarcely all had enough to eat simply because this was still very much an agrarian society. Until we went to war against the Nazis and to not do so was a horrible idea on several levels. For instance the weapons that defeated the Nazis were the liberty ship and the 2-1/2 ton truck. Absent those Hitler wins.

People for the most part had damn little to horde. The chief advantage of the war economically however was that it got people's minds off the crap that was right in front of them and got it onto something else. And that could well have been as important as anything else.

No one had anything to save. My dad and mom lived though it. Most people though scarcely all had enough to eat simply because this was still very much an agrarian society. Until we went to war against the Nazis and to not do so was a horrible idea on several levels. For instance the weapons that defeated the Nazis were the liberty ship and the 2-1/2 ton truck. Absent those Hitler wins.

People for the most part had damn little to horde. The chief advantage of the war economically however was that it got people's minds off the crap that was right in front of them and got it onto something else. And that could well have been as important as anything else.

It doesn't matter if you think what the government spends the money on is good or not, the fact remains that it always hurts the economy because the government takes its money from the private sector. If they hadn't taken the money spent on WW2 out of the private sector what might it have been spent on? Who knows, but those people suffered because the government did take that money and spent it elsewhere.

Also, I don't think it was an advantage for people to have to worry about their brother, son, cousin, father, husband, etc... potentially getting killed in a war on top of all the economic troubles at home.

That was NOT true for the transcontinental railroad.

That was NOT true for space exploration.

That is NOT true for many enormous projects which ultimately can serve the public interests.

Your understanding of the power of public and private interests to do grand projects that serve the private industries and the public good is fairly weak, and certainly NOT based on history.
please tell me when NASA starts a shuttle bus to the stars for public transport

You are truly a halfwit. The very instrument you post your idiocy on is a result of the space program.

That was NOT true for the transcontinental railroad.

That was NOT true for space exploration.

That is NOT true for many enormous projects which ultimately can serve the public interests.

Your understanding of the power of public and private interests to do grand projects that serve the private industries and the public good is fairly weak, and certainly NOT based on history.
please tell me when NASA starts a shuttle bus to the stars for public transport

You are truly a halfwit. The very instrument you post your idiocy on is a result of the space program.
fuck off rockhead

Forum List

Back