Been looking for an forum like this . . .

jckryan

So, this is purgatory?
Jan 18, 2011
Los Angeles, Ca
Seems civil and open minded enough, though I'm sure there are a few that are OUT there.
Regardless . . . I'm a mid-forties American (third generation Japanese) and my mom was born/bred in Chile (yes, the one with the coal miners).
Born in the burbs of Berkeley, Ca.. But due to my dad's civil engineering job, my family bounced/lived all over California for fourteen years, four in Brazil, a year between Ecuador and Chile. We did a little traveling.
Did a four year stint in the U.S. Naval Service. Two West pacs (Pacific Tours) and alot of the I.O. (Indian Ocean). Dessert Storm, a little dancing with Somali Pirates and then a decorated Honorable Discharge.
Taking my holy communion in Brazil and being an every Sunday Christian in high school (Ca), I went on a four month road trip from San Francisco to NYC and back with my ex-girlfriend looking for answers. Never found them. Everybody has their own take on the book and just uses it.
Was in journalism and I have tried to take an objective take on many things. Once I review both sides . . . well.
'nough about me, though there is alot of stuff that some of you may find interesting.

Welcome to the board.

We have some posters that are all about civility. You should look them up. :lol:

civility???
here?
its not moderated that much, and its great that it isnt

welcome anyway
put on your big boy(or girl) pants and jump right in

Been looking for an forum like this . . .
Seems civil and open minded enough, though I'm sure there are a few that are OUT there.

To which forum are you referring?

Can you provide a link? I'd be interested in checking it out.

welcomegoldpen.gif

*LOL.... he thinks we're civil. That's some fucking funny shit right there.*

Welcome JR.

I adore TC books. I hope the OP is a fan of TC!!

Regardless . . . I'm a mid-forties American (third generation Japanese) and my mom was born/bred in Chile (yes, the one with the coal miners).
Born in the burbs of Berkeley, Ca.. But due to my dad's civil engineering job, my family bounced/lived all over California for fourteen years, four in Brazil, a year between Ecuador and Chile. We did a little traveling.
Did a four year stint in the U.S. Naval Service. Two West pacs (Pacific Tours) and alot of the I.O. (Indian Ocean). Dessert Storm, a little dancing with Somali Pirates and then a decorated Honorable Discharge.
Taking my holy communion in Brazil and being an every Sunday Christian in high school (Ca), I went on a four month road trip from San Francisco to NYC and back with my ex-girlfriend looking for answers. Never found them. Everybody has their own take on the book and just uses it.
Was in journalism and I have tried to take an objective take on many things. Once I review both sides . . . well.
'nough about me, though there is alot of stuff that some of you may find interesting.

Welcome! :)

Hody. Is the nic a Tom Clancy reference?

I admire the character Jack Ryan. Veteran, football fan, and CIA Analyst reluctantly shoved into the fire (Clear and Present Danger). "Watch your back Jack", "Not black and white, but right or wrong" and jumping into Colombia to bail out our own . . . never leave a man behind. That sorta stuff.

Forum List

Back