Been A Couple Rough Weeks For Obama

The only urgency in these bills was to quickly get them passed into law, before anyone got the chance to read and analyze them. They cannot dazzle with brilliance, so they try to baffle with bullshit, and it even worked a couple of times!

The truth shall set you free. NICE POST

Not really truth, it's spin, but nice going there.

Why do people want to have their cake and eat it too? They DID spend money quickly and it's shown some results.

But conservatives said it was being misspent too fast and things are being ...wait for it...wait for it...spent with more controls and oversight.

I'm amazed at how you NEVER credit anyone on the other side....it's all wrongdoing. You might sound more measured, rational, and worth listening to if you didn't just offer up a knee-jerk reaction "Obama lied! Obama's bad! OMGZ!"

I think the last few weeks have been a wake-up call for Obama. Politics within the beltway have remained the same. Obama thought he could use his political capital to push through his healthcare plan regardless of the political oposition.
What he found was that the insurance lobby is much more powerful than he gave them credit for. The Govt option that the insurance companies fought so hard against is looking like its off the table. Looks like the insurance companies win and the American people lose.

I disagree. I think he thought he had a mandate for his slogan. Seems he overestimated what change the people want. He's not delivered on transparency and certainly not in less partisanship-remember, "We won!" 'Shut up and sit down.' Not working real well. In actuality he won 3 fewer states then GW did against Kerry, which was no 'mandate.' He's not FDR, he's not even Jimmy Carter.

He and his elitist team have seriously pissed off people that wanted him to succeed, contrary to the labeling the astro turfers have been doing. For years we heard how the world stood with us, until GW blew it. He didn't manage to do that in 7 months.

The only urgency in these bills was to quickly get them passed into law, before anyone got the chance to read and analyze them. They cannot dazzle with brilliance, so they try to baffle with bullshit, and it even worked a couple of times!

Why do people want to have their cake and eat it too? They DID spend money quickly and it's shown some results.

But conservatives said it was being misspent too fast and things are being ...wait for it...wait for it...spent with more controls and oversight.

I'm amazed at how you NEVER credit anyone on the other side....it's all wrongdoing. You might sound more measured, rational, and worth listening to if you didn't just offer up a knee-jerk reaction "Obama lied! Obama's bad! OMGZ!"
:yawn:

Obamaphile puppet heard from! Same regurgitated spoon fed strawman talking points! Get the net! :lol::lol::lol: :rofl: :lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:

Whoa whoa whoa. They only spent 10% of the stimulus so far. The economy is looking up without a large percentage of the stimulus being spent. So to me that logically means that we didn't have to rush through the overly large stimulus bill. Thats all.

I wasn't calling obama a failure or anything like that I am not a supporter of bush's stimulus bill or obama's bank bailouts and I never will be.

With improvements in the economy and only a fraction of the stimulus money having been spent so far, most Americans — 72 percent — say returning the unused portion of the $787 billion dollar stimulus to taxpayers would do more to boost the economy than having the government spend it. Majorities of Democrats (59 percent), Republicans (87 percent) and independents (70 percent) think the money should be returned to taxpayers.....

And to hell with job creation?

I think the economy is recovering somewhat, don't think the stimulus is the reason however. My guess is that's what many of those polled would say if asked. More troubling is the debt that is racing forward and the borrowing from China.

Truth is the president can't make the economy rise or fall, at least up to now.

To be honest, I'm more worried about the borrowing from China than the debt itself. As of last year, 75 percent of the debt was owned by Americans. but when most of the other 25 is controlled by China, and we're talking about 10 trillion or more in total, that makes me nervous.
And the "plan" seems to be to monetize the debt, allow inflation to make it worthless. You think China is going to tolerate that?

do they have a choice/

More proof that 'average Joe and Jane' get the economy.

Let's give Obama kudos for what the stimulus did for the first half of the year, the economy is improving so he'd be smart to avoid overheating. Stop the debt run up:

Pace of stimulus spending plummets - Washington Times

Pace of stimulus spending plummets

Stephen Dinan (Contact)

Stimulus bill spending has slowed to a trickle, despite President Obama's June order to his Cabinet to speed it up.

The average stimulus spending per week has dropped severely, to just $4.2 billion over the past month from $9.7 billion during the prior four months. The government spent $2.9 billion in the week ending Aug. 7.

Taxpayer groups say the numbers show spending decisions are random and prove that the $787 billion stimulus program has had no effect on the economy.

"This is a typical bureaucracy. They don't operate in an efficient way. They can't operate in an efficient way and make an impact," said Leslie Paige, media director for Citizens Against Government Waste.

The spending has slowed despite Mr. Obama's declaration in June that he was "not satisfied" with its pace, and his demand that his Cabinet secretaries accelerate the distribution of stimulus funds.

The White House said the rate doesn't matter, and that the key is whether Mr. Obama's overall targets will be met.

"Week-to-week measures are irrelevant," said stimulus spokeswoman Elizabeth Oxhorn. "We remain on track to meet the ambitious goal that the president set in June: speeding the Recovery Act's pace, so that $225 billion is obligated by the act's 200th day."

Spending as of Aug. 7, the 172nd day since Mr. Obama signed the bill, stood at $200 billion obligated. To meet the goal of $225 billion, the government will have to spend nearly $1 billion each day over the next four weeks -- or nearly double the pace of the past four weeks....

With improvements in the economy and only a fraction of the stimulus money having been spent so far, most Americans — 72 percent — say returning the unused portion of the $787 billion dollar stimulus to taxpayers would do more to boost the economy than having the government spend it. Majorities of Democrats (59 percent), Republicans (87 percent) and independents (70 percent) think the money should be returned to taxpayers.....

And to hell with job creation?

I think they should take the remainder and PAY DOWN THE DEBT!!!! Why are we giving away our wealth in interest payments to foreign nations?

Well the stimulus hasn't created any jobs yet, so maybe we need to spend more...or maybe it was all just kickbacks for different republican and democrat special interests and wont make jobs anyway.

Remember last month we lost 250,000 jobs still. We haven't gained a single net job since last september.

Not really truth, it's spin
It's spin that the health care reform won't take effect for a YEAR after it's signed, yet there's urgency to get it done NOW? It's spin that the stimulus isn't scheduled to have any real spending until late in 2010, but it was an "emergency?"

What rock are you hiding under? Those are facts. Not spin.

So we are left with the question, "why all the urgency for these, when they don't really kick in until around election time for Congress, late 2010?" The logical answer is, the only urgency was to bumrush these bills past everyone, get them signed and into concrete before anyone really gets to read or analyze them, or debate them.

You're okay with the health scare crisis being called an emergency, when the bill -- when passed into law -- doesn't go into effect for more than a YEAR after passage? Doesn't that tweak your intellect even the slightest little bit? Doesn't it make you wonder what the original rush really was? Especially given the pattern of deception and broken promises we're seeing?
15wxn29.gif

To be honest, I'm more worried about the borrowing from China than the debt itself. As of last year, 75 percent of the debt was owned by Americans. but when most of the other 25 is controlled by China, and we're talking about 10 trillion or more in total, that makes me nervous.
And the "plan" seems to be to monetize the debt, allow inflation to make it worthless. You think China is going to tolerate that?

do they have a choice/
They do. They can call the markers in, liquidate their assets they own here, in our continent and around the world. They can also stop buying more debt, which they are already talking about.

do they have a choice/
They do. They can call the markers in, liquidate their assets they own here, in our continent and around the world. They can also stop buying more debt, which they are already talking about.

why would they call their markers in when the government has never defaulted on a loan?
Plus if they call their markers in, we'll start holding them accountable for human rights violations (maybe).

If they stop buying more debt, the Ossiah will have to stop the spending. Printing money just doesn't cut it.

I think the last few weeks have been a wake-up call for Obama. Politics within the beltway have remained the same. Obama thought he could use his political capital to push through his healthcare plan regardless of the political oposition.
What he found was that the insurance lobby is much more powerful than he gave them credit for. The Govt option that the insurance companies fought so hard against is looking like its off the table. Looks like the insurance companies win and the American people lose.

I disagree. I think he thought he had a mandate for his slogan. Seems he overestimated what change the people want. He's not delivered on transparency and certainly not in less partisanship-remember, "We won!" 'Shut up and sit down.' Not working real well. In actuality he won 3 fewer states then GW did against Kerry, which was no 'mandate.' He's not FDR, he's not even Jimmy Carter.

He and his elitist team have seriously pissed off people that wanted him to succeed, contrary to the labeling the astro turfers have been doing. For years we heard how the world stood with us, until GW blew it. He didn't manage to do that in 7 months.

Obama won by a 2:1 margin over McCain, thats a butt kicking
Adding in the large majorities taken in Congress, the Senate and governorships their was a massive message sent to the Republicans that we are dissatisfied with their message.
Like it or not there will be healthcare reform which has been ignored by the republicans for a generation. With the economy showing signs of recovery it is going to be a major fight for the republicans to win back anything of their massive losses.
But if the Republican party wants to stay the course, continue being "the party of no" and considers Obama to be an easy mark in 2012, go ahead. Obama has made a career of defeating those who take him lightly

do they have a choice/

why would they call their markers in when the government has never defaulted on a loan?
Plus if they call their markers in, we'll start holding them accountable for human rights violations (maybe).

If they stop buying more debt, the Ossiah will have to stop the spending. Printing money just doesn't cut it.
Government never defaulted? That's exactly what it is when you get inflation, makes the debt worthless to the holders of same. That's exactly what it is when you monetize that debt, as they're trying to do now. China's already talking about shutting off the spigot, and who can blame them? They've already reduced the amount of this debt they're buying.

NOW we see you know what spin actually is, because you just practiced it!

Show me where the 2:1 margin is, please. Here's the actual facts:

Obama, 2008 election:

States carried 28 to 22

Popular vote 69,456,897 to 59,934,814

Percentage 52.9% to 45.7%

Obama, 2008 election:

States carried 28 to 22

53 % to 46% is not 2 to 1. That would be 66% to 33%.

On a side note....the media, the dems, and obama himself all say the american people gave Obama an "Overwhelming" victory with 53% of the vote. By that logic there is overwhelming dissaproval of the Health Care Reform Bill HR3200.

Obama, 2008 election:

States carried 28 to 22

The Messiah can make that a 2:1 margin. You know, loaves and fishes kinda stuff.:lol::lol:

Obama, 2008 election:

States carried 28 to 22

53 % to 46% is not 2 to 1. That would be 66% to 33%.

On a side note....the media, the dems, and obama himself all say the american people gave Obama an "Overwhelming" victory with 53% of the vote. By that logic there is overwhelming dissaproval of the Health Care Reform Bill HR3200.
It was the imprecise sloppiness of "rightwinger" what was at play. He doesn't know it yet, but he was talking 2:1 in electoral votes! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

That's what happens when regurgitation without cogitation is practiced!

Government never defaulted? That's exactly what it is when you get inflation, makes the debt worthless to the holders of same. That's exactly what it is when you monetize that debt, as they're trying to do now. China's already talking about shutting off the spigot, and who can blame them? They've already reduced the amount of this debt they're buying.

Inflation right now is zero or negative. you really think inflation will go up that much?

Inflation right now is zero or negative. you really think inflation will go up that much?
I think they're counting on it.

Forum List

Back