BEDOUINS ATTACK AND LEVY A TAX ON ST. CATHERINE'S MONASTERY ON SINAI

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
Around ten years ago I went to the Getty Museum here in Los Angeles to view the Icons from the 2nd to the 4th century lent by this Monastery in the Sinai. From the icons, one could discern how devout these early Christians were, and now their descendents can't even practice their religion in peace ever since the Muslims left the Saudi Peninsula and invaded. It appeared that the one common comment overheard while viewing was others saying "There's no Arabs depicted in these icons." I think the viewers of the icons were pretty darn quick to ascertain just what happened.

South Sinai, October 14, 2014

The most ancient St. Catherine’s (Katherine’s) Orthodox Monastery situated on the Biblical land of Sinai peninsula has been once again persecuted by Muslim extremists and local authorities, reports the Linganews portal with the reference to Copts Today.

188249.p.jpg

For today Arab islamists, who lead a seminomadic way of life in the Sinai desert, pose the main threat to lives of the monks and condition of the monument of the world architecture.

Specifically, Dr. Iyhab Ramzy, a prominent lawyer, related the following details of the crimes committed by the extremists against the monastery and its monks, to the journalists:

Continue reading at:

Bedouins attack and levy a tax on St. Catherine s Monastery on Sinai OrthoChristian.Com

Around ten years ago I went to the Getty Museum here in Los Angeles to view the Icons from the 2nd to the 4th century lent by this Monastery in the Sinai. From the icons, one could discern how devout these early Christians were, and now their descendents can't even practice their religion in peace ever since the Muslims left the Saudi Peninsula and invaded. It appeared that the one common comment overheard while viewing was others saying "There's no Arabs depicted in these icons." I think the viewers of the icons were pretty darn quick to ascertain just what happened.

South Sinai, October 14, 2014

The most ancient St. Catherine’s (Katherine’s) Orthodox Monastery situated on the Biblical land of Sinai peninsula has been once again persecuted by Muslim extremists and local authorities, reports the Linganews portal with the reference to Copts Today.

188249.p.jpg

For today Arab islamists, who lead a seminomadic way of life in the Sinai desert, pose the main threat to lives of the monks and condition of the monument of the world architecture.

Specifically, Dr. Iyhab Ramzy, a prominent lawyer, related the following details of the crimes committed by the extremists against the monastery and its monks, to the journalists:

Continue reading at:

Bedouins attack and levy a tax on St. Catherine s Monastery on Sinai OrthoChristian.Com

horrid

Forum List

Back