Bed size and intimacy

Robert Urbanek

Platinum Member
Nov 9, 2019
Vacaville, CA
Many years ago, the Full-size mattress was the standard for couples; but with the introduction of the Queen, the Full has become obsolete for sharing.

Since the sexual revolution started in the 1960’s, men and women have been moving farther from each other in bed. Of course, Americans have gotten fatter so that may also explain the larger bed sizes. Still, the bigger beds suggest that sexual freedom also means “Get out of my personal space.” Does the separation in bed lead to separation in marriage?

Double beds (also known as Full) were the most common for two to sleep in until the 1960's. They're only 15" wider than a Single bed, leaving only 27" of sleep space for each of two adults. At 75" long, a Full-size bed may be too short for some taller adults. Overall dimensions: 54" wide x 75" long

Source: Twin, Queen, or King: What's the Right Size Bed for You?

A related subject is the growing popularity of weighted blankets, which are offered as a cure for insomnia, anxiety, stress and other problems. In an earlier era of smaller beds, you already had a “weighted blanket” in the form of your partner’s limbs or other body contact.

Source: weighted blankets for adults - Bing News

To sleep well at night is a very important thing....that is number one...the most important LOL.... in my opinion

Intimacy is another thing totally different hehe .... yes it has it's place too :04:

GOD ... but a good night sleep comes first!:2up:

Many years ago, the Full-size mattress was the standard for couples; but with the introduction of the Queen, the Full has become obsolete for sharing.

Since the sexual revolution started in the 1960’s, men and women have been moving farther from each other in bed. Of course, Americans have gotten fatter so that may also explain the larger bed sizes. Still, the bigger beds suggest that sexual freedom also means “Get out of my personal space.” Does the separation in bed lead to separation in marriage?

Double beds (also known as Full) were the most common for two to sleep in until the 1960's. They're only 15" wider than a Single bed, leaving only 27" of sleep space for each of two adults. At 75" long, a Full-size bed may be too short for some taller adults. Overall dimensions: 54" wide x 75" long

A related subject is the growing popularity of weighted blankets, which are offered as a cure for insomnia, anxiety, stress and other problems. In an earlier era of smaller beds, you already had a “weighted blanket” in the form of your partner’s limbs or other body contact.

I have been sleeping in my own bed in my own room..even if its a 1 bedroom apartment and I only have a couch, for oh...about 25 years now. :D

We like the larger bed because it allows us to be more playful when we make love.

To sleep well at night is a very important thing....that is number one...the most important LOL.... in my opinion

Intimacy is another thing totally different hehe .... yes it has it's place too :04:

I have a series of specialized exercises I would be very willing to share that will guarantee a full night's sleep.

Well, at least for me, anyway. I always fall asleep right after doing them.

I have a series of specialized exercises I would be very willing to share that will guarantee a full night's sleep.

Well, at least for me, anyway. I always fall asleep right after doing them.

Autoerotic asphyxiation is not an exercise!

Forum List

Back