Bed shortage forces 4,000 mothers to give birth in lifts, offices and hospital toilet

I love the lying on the right.

The Brits have socialized medicine where the government owns the hospitals and the doctors work for the government. NO ONE is promoting that here.

A national health insurance option is not socialized medicine. In fact Britian is one of the few countries in the world that have true government ownership of healthcare as opposed to national health insurance. But the difference is too complicated for Republicans to wrap their little brains around. Better to complain about "gubbermint takeover of healthcare" than do a little research!

Care to show exactly how government run healthcare forces prices down?

Care to do a little research outside of Glenn Beck?

Per Capita Health Expenditures by Country, 2007 — Infoplease.com

:lol: There you go again, not only assuming but also reinforcing my contention about your love affair with Beck. What you posted proves nothing. Now, explain exactly how giving control of healthcare to the government will lower the costs? Show your work, don't just post a link again.

The Brits have socialized medicine where the government owns the hospitals and the doctors work for the government. NO ONE is promoting that here.

A national health insurance option is not socialized medicine. In fact Britian is one of the few countries in the world that have true government ownership of healthcare as opposed to national health insurance. But the difference is too complicated for Republicans to wrap their little brains around. Better to complain about "gubbermint takeover of healthcare" than do a little research!

We DO have the VA, though. 'Spose the the antis want to get rid of that????

Why aren't the Republicans calling for the abolishment of the VA hospitals and Medicare?

They are gubbermint run healthcare!

Why aren't the Republicans calling for the abolishment of the VA hospitals and Medicare?

Because they're gutless turd polishing sellouts.

Any more stupid questions?? ....that was a rhetorical question...

There are no stupid questions, only stupid people.

Hmm ... on that level of reasoning ... takes one to know one.

Gotta love that dipshit leftist "all or nothing" argument, if you can call it an argument.

"Small government" does not mean "no government". Likewise, "the government shouldn't do that because that isn't its job" does not mean "the government shouldn't do ANYTHING because NOTHING is its job".

Providing medical care for the veterans who served our country is very much a proper occupation for our government. Providing healthcare to every person in the country is not. This is not rocket magic, so I have to assume you're being deliberately obtuse.

The reason life insurance is so cheap is because it's insuring only one thing. Your death.
Yes, and a death is a simple claim but certain to make. The only uncertainty is when will death occur? Health insurance claims are somewhat more complex but unlike death, uncertain. But they are both actuarially calculable. My point is the health insurance rates would be much lower had the US gvt been less interfering. I can recall a monthly premium of $15.00 per month for a primary and a dependent in 1966 for a $500 deductible on a group plan. The fact that there is nothing in the present latest interference by gvt in health insurance about tort reform suggests the implication that the tort lawyer bar owns one of the political parties.

But by cheap for Life Insurance, I mean the low price by a (here un-named) company Rated A+ (Superior) by A.M. Best: a policy for a $100,000 death benefit, 20 year level term, for a 68 year old male is just $170 per month.

Extend that out: 170 x 12 months annually x 20 years equals $40,800. They are betting that this 68 year old man will live to age 88. Once they enter into the "contract" it is binding for them but not for the insured; They cannot cancel, but the insured can.

Had the US government gotten as involved in life insurance as it did in health insurance the price of life insurance would have risen to a point of being priced out of affordability by many more people than it is.

Hmm....
Is it possible that the imposition of ObamaCare, if it does come about, will have the effect of increasing premiums on life insurance above the age at which medical intervention to extend life is calculated by a gvt panel to be cost effective?

Because they're gutless turd polishing sellouts.

Any more stupid questions?? ....that was a rhetorical question...

There are no stupid questions, only stupid people.

Agreed so you may want to be quiet, that way people can't figure you out.

Gotta love that dipshit leftist "all or nothing" argument, if you can call it an argument.

"Small government" does not mean "no government". Likewise, "the government shouldn't do that because that isn't its job" does not mean "the government shouldn't do ANYTHING because NOTHING is its job".

Providing medical care for the veterans who served our country is very much a proper occupation for our government. Providing healthcare to every person in the country is not. This is not rocket magic, so I have to assume you're being deliberately obtuse.

why? why is it different? are they MORE of a citizen than you or me? Do they add to society more than you and me, and this is why it is okay? i thought we had equality under the law?

You can't just pick and choose when gvt is not big gvt and when it is big gvt willy nilly?

what constitutionally makes 1 ok and 1 not okay cecille? One big gvt and the other not big gvt?

Forum List

Back