Beck's 40 day and 40 night challenge

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2004
Minnesota
It's a challenge he made before the Rally leading up to and one he reissued at the Rally. Should be interesting.

For the next 40 days and 40 nights, I pledge...I COVENANT to practice faith, hope and charity by doing these things:

First...faith. I will pray on my knees every night for the next 40 nights...starting TONIGHT. Pray for guidance, inspiration, peace...pray for the leaders of our country. Pray for their safety, and that they will receive wisdom. I will re-establish my relationship with God.

Hope...hope comes from truth. You can't have hope based on lies. If you go to the doctor and you're in the early stages of cancer, but the doctor tells you that you just have the sniffles...that's false hope, and it won't help you, in fact, it would kill you. So, we have to have honesty, to have real hope. So, I will stop all lies for the next 40 days. That includes lying to myself. I will establish a pattern of honesty and make it become habitual. I will question with boldness...everything...even the things Glenn Beck tells you every night...I will do my own research...and then pray for my own confirmation on the things I have learned. I will find out what is true in my life.

And third...I will have charity. Charity begins at home. I will do something kind for every member of your family at least once a week. I will write it down, and then do it. Also, I pledge to take notice of how blessed I really am. I live in the greatest country the world has ever known...and even the least prosperous among us, are among the wealthiest people in the world...I will be grateful.

Glenn Beck - Current Events & Politics - Make the Pledge - 40 Days and 40 Nights

two hands working together do more than a thousand clasped in prayer

No lies for 40 days and 40 nights?

rotsa ruck with that.

Anyone on here accepting the challenge from Noah Beck?

people shouldn't need beck's challenge to get them praying. you should be praying anyway if you believe in God.

i think Beck is starting to believe he's some type of messenger or something.

Last edited:
I think it sounds like a great idea.

Especially this part:

So, I will stop all lies for the next 40 days.
http://www.glennbeck.com/content/articles/article/198/39452/

Makes me wonder what he has been doing all this time.
Getting stumped .

do-these-pants-too-much-ass-even-for-culos-demotivational-poster-1266228485.jpg

New Topics

Forum List

Back