Beck was right about one thing at least...(MSNBC CLIPS!)

Unlike the Left, we didn't make pilgrimages to the Soviet Union and North Vietnam, and praise their versions of utopia...

Congrats.

During WWII it was the left who first spoke out against the evil of Hitler. It was the conservatives who urged FDR to not pick sides

So, you don't care to continue with a discussion of communists, fellow travelers, spies in FDR's administration, Hollywood Ten, Rosenbergs, Walter Duranty, myths about McCarty, dupes, progressives,....

none of that?

I think I get your drift.

We can keep it a secret that the left was behind Hitler up until June 22, 1941...or does that infract your fantasy?

Oh please...

Save your glorification of Joe McCarthy for Crusader Frank

During WWII it was the left who first spoke out against the evil of Hitler. It was the conservatives who urged FDR to not pick sides

So, you don't care to continue with a discussion of communists, fellow travelers, spies in FDR's administration, Hollywood Ten, Rosenbergs, Walter Duranty, myths about McCarty, dupes, progressives,....

none of that?

I think I get your drift.

We can keep it a secret that the left was behind Hitler up until June 22, 1941...or does that infract your fantasy?

Oh please...

Save your glorification of Joe McCarthy for Crusader Frank

Oops....did I hit a sore spot?

If you paid attention to Crusader Frank's threads, you'd know that no one could actually find any 'victims' of McCarthyism....

Imagine how lost and abused you'd feel if you suddenly realized you've been hornswoggled with McCarthy mythology.

BTW, know of Sidney Hook?

Philosopher and liberal Sidney Hook compared the McCarthy period with the hysteria he observed during WWI, pointing out none of the same occurred in America in the ‘50’s:
“…Mob violence; abolition of due process; raids on private premises by public oficlials and vigilante groups; and arbitrary arrests….One became suspect if he had pictures of Bach or Beethoven on the walls…” Sidney Hook, “Out of Step: An Unquiet Life in the Twentieth Century,” p. 22.

That was under a progressive President!

Get it? It was all Left-wing smoke and mirrors about McCarty,.....

1. Gobachev spoke in Russian.
"The 45-minute address was delivered in Russian and simultaneously translated into English by U. S. State Department interpreter Harris Coulter."
Mikhail Gorbachev - Winston Churchill Memorial and Library - Fulton, Missouri

2. Now as to your suggestion that Ms. Charen was either incorrect, or made up the idea that Gorbachev excused and mitigated Stalin's positions, the following from the translation of Gorbachev's speech, should disabuse you of said idea.

"But the West, and the United States in particular, also committed an error. Its conclusion about the probability of open Soviet military aggression was unrealistic and dangerous. This could never have happened, not only because Stalin, as in 1939-1941, was afraid of war, did not want war, and never would have engaged in a major war."
The River of Time and the Imperative - Winston Churchill Memorial and Library - Fulton, Missouri

You see, the incorrect beliefs that you on the left have about the Soviets and their apologists has given you a worldview that, if not slender, is outright corrupt.

Thank you for posting the source. Now wasn't that easy?

And just as a heads up shocker, I am not now nor have I ever been an apologist (such a catch-all word for the uber-right to use) for the Soviet Union, and I still don't trust the Russians to this day. It also may come as a complete surprise that not too many other Democrats do either. Are there those of us who believe the U.S. should stop going around labeling other sovereign nations as "evil"?? You betcha. You yourself don't seem to appreciate ad hominem attacks. Well the people of other countries don't much like it either. Have left-wing pundits stated opinions decrying that practice? Of course. By labeling Iraq, Iran, and North Korea as the "Axis of Evil," how has that advanced our position in the world?

"Now wasn't that easy? "

What a snide remark.

I always can document my posts.

Where is your apology for doubting it?

When you do so, you can be sure that I will not say "Now wasn't that easy?"

You need to re-read some of your own posts for snide remarks, Ms. Hypocrite. And I thanked you for posting the source. But apologize? Sorry, hon. You could have posted a LEGITIMATE SOURCE at the outset instead of some Mona Charron inclusion from one of her anti-liberal tomes.

It is more than interesting, in fact, illustrative of the left that, due to it's penchant for a moral relativism, it is unable to recognize evil.

Especially evil empires.

I love the way you pick up on intellectual clichés as if those are supposed to prove something.

It is more than interesting, in fact, illustrative of the left that, due to it's penchant for a moral relativism, it is unable to recognize evil.

Especially evil empires.

Well said PC

Only the right is capable of recognizing evil. Your professors would be proud of you

Unlike the Left, we didn't make pilgrimages to the Soviet Union and North Vietnam, and praise their versions of utopia...

Congrats.

The "left" didn't arm Saddam Hussein when it was seen as advantageous.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back