Beck-Massa Affair

Actually, I think the majority of American people are very intelligent. What I do find disconcerting are the ones who listen to entertainers to get their "news" to base "their" opinions on. I find them too lazy to think for themselves and instead glom onto what the talking head says as gospel without realizing that they are doing it for money more than ideology. But funny that you claim that liberals think Americans are stupid. Many of the conservative talk radio hosts I listen to have made that claim on repeated occasions. Savage and Boortz routinely berate the American electorate. Other talkers do too. And no, I can't give you specific incidents.....they are on the radio, not in print.

Why would you think that liberals don't believe Americans are innately stupid? Don't they treat us like we're stupid? Aren't they trying to set up a nanny-state to protect us from our own stupidity? Aren't we all just "bitter clingers" hanging on to our God and our guns? :rolleyes:
Just look at this healthcare fiasco. Clearly, people are against this legislation, but the Dems in Washington are trying to pass it anyway. Because they believe they're smarter than we are... that they know best.

You're terribly bent out of shape over what political pundits have to say... but in the grand scheme of things, isn't it more important what our leaders in Washington actually DO? Don't their actions speak louder than their words? :eusa_eh:

Your assertion that people who listen to these political "entertainers" are too "lazy" to get their own talking points, precludes the idea that they ALREADY have a similar political philosophy before they ever tune in. These radio talkers are just tapping in to a market that's already there. They aren't making a new market. If every one of them winked out of existence tomorrow, my political philosophy would still be the same, wouldn't yours?
It's not dependent upon anyone else's.

You don't like Beck. Fine. Don't listen to him. But if, as I posted earlier, you're a believer in Capitalism *AND* a guy who loves his country, you have to admit that they're not mutually exclusive concepts... and that Beck is no hypocrite for engaging in both. Would that we all could make a buck doing something we love to do.

Actually, I think the majority of American people are very intelligent. What I do find disconcerting are the ones who listen to entertainers to get their "news" to base "their" opinions on. I find them too lazy to think for themselves and instead glom onto what the talking head says as gospel without realizing that they are doing it for money more than ideology. But funny that you claim that liberals think Americans are stupid. Many of the conservative talk radio hosts I listen to have made that claim on repeated occasions. Savage and Boortz routinely berate the American electorate. Other talkers do too. And no, I can't give you specific incidents.....they are on the radio, not in print.

So you learned that the Federal Government is funding the Brecht Foundation whose goals involved destroying our government from another source?

Glenn would be saying the same exact think if no one was listening. And Kudos for him for finding a way to make money while doing something he loves.

Actually, it is the Brecht Forum and I heard of it from Neal Boortz.

Last edited:
Massa is a weird perv and Emanuel is a dark & evil monster. I think we all knew this before this interview so we didn't learn much. Massa was forced out by Gollum Emanuel over Health Care though. I believe him on that. Emanuel is known for intimidation and blackmail. It's the Chicago way. Time for the Dems to go. Make 2010 count.

The fact that Beck APOLOGIZED to his audience is very telling.
Indeed. Massa played him like the proverbial Stradivarius, and Beck knew it by the end of the show (probably before that, really). I don't know what in the world Beck was thinking when he decided to deal with this guy (it's blatantly obvious Beck did not do any homework on the man, particularly with regard to his reason for voting 'no' on the HC bill). I don't normally watch his program, but I did tune into it yesterday and was not a bit surprised by what I saw. Hopefully, Beck has learned a valuable lesson here.

Massa played him? The man hung himself. Glenn gave him the rope and he literally hung himself.

I think it's funny, that you guys want people to think you are so tolerant. That you are so open minded. But anyone who gives times for a speaker or idea that they disagree to express their point of view is "played".

He had already resigned dumbass.

The fact that Beck APOLOGIZED to his audience is very telling.
Indeed. Massa played him like the proverbial Stradivarius, and Beck knew it by the end of the show (probably before that, really). I don't know what in the world Beck was thinking when he decided to deal with this guy (it's blatantly obvious Beck did not do any homework on the man, particularly with regard to his reason for voting 'no' on the HC bill). I don't normally watch his program, but I did tune into it yesterday and was not a bit surprised by what I saw. Hopefully, Beck has learned a valuable lesson here.

Massa played him? The man hung himself. Glenn gave him the rope and he literally hung himself.

I think it's funny, that you guys want people to think you are so tolerant. That you are so open minded. But anyone who gives times for a speaker or idea that they disagree to express their point of view is "played".

Who here on the left has ever professed tolerance for the shitdickedness of Glen Beck?

Because he said he couldn't debunk them in March 2009. Then Popular Mechanics contacted him and debunked them in April 2009......but you knew that didn't you. :eusa_whistle:

What I find amusing about this FEMA camp thing is back when the Bush administration was getting demonized, there was a similar charge about "secret" interment camps all over the country, but they were'nt set up by FEMA, instead some obscure sub-agency of the CIA located on old abandoned military and other federal sites where bunkers were once built in case of a nuclear attack. There was even a map showing where these bunkers were located. It was genuinely laughable. I always wondered why Beck didn't use that earlier debunked story to make his own case about the non-existence of these sites. Both were obviously classic conspiracy theories.

Oh geeze, I forgot about that! And these are the same douches that find no issue with the Government managing their health.

It was leftist extremists who came up with the conspiracy the first time 'round, but the extremists on the right who came up with the FEMA camps. I seriously doubt people who concoct such ideas have a clue about a non-conspiratorial issue such as health care. It's too boring.

Glenn Beck was correct at the end of his show yesterday. He wasted our time.

Not all of us. Being from NY, I am aware of Massa and what he is all about. I knew this was nothing more than a chance to get on TV for him.

How he was elected, I will never know. I did not vote for Clinton but she deserved to be a senator. I did not vote for Schumer but he too deserved the right to represent the people in NY.

But for Massa to win the seat of a congressperson? I mean....really? I never understood what it was about him that got him in.

Well, if it makes ya feel any better we got us a crazy azzed demoncwat down here in Fla. too. I forget his name but he is a favorite on t he crazzzzy ed show. :lol:

I thought Beck did a good job. It was a good tough interview. Massa does seem to be a bit of a weird little creep but he is a Democrat,so??...Massa was right on one thing though. Rahm Emanuel is a dark & evil monster. Just look at him and that becomes pretty obvious. Massa is a little freak but i do believe him when he says that Emanuel and the Democratic Leadership forced him out over Health Care. It's the Chicago way. This country needs change for sure. Make 2010 count people.

Yes, "hopey-changey" is your thingie now. :eek: Can't wait to see what the cons will do. Are you all ready to give them more than a month? Two months? 100 days? Six months? A year? Or will you be climbing all over your new lawmakers if they don't immediately reduce taxes, cut social programs, and magically create jobs?

Who here on the left has ever professed tolerance for the shitdickedness of Glen Beck?[/QUOTE]

Waallllllllll now that ya mention it I can't think of a time when youse there on the left have ever professed a tolerance for anything other than yer own brand of kool aid. but thanks for making us remember..

He had already resigned dumbass.

Which still would leave the total vote count minus his on the health care bill at the time, so he's full of shit when he claims his no vote would have done it in.

Why would you think that liberals don't believe Americans are innately stupid? Don't they treat us like we're stupid? Aren't they trying to set up a nanny-state to protect us from our own stupidity? Aren't we all just "bitter clingers" hanging on to our God and our guns? :rolleyes:
Just look at this healthcare fiasco. Clearly, people are against this legislation, but the Dems in Washington are trying to pass it anyway. Because they believe they're smarter than we are... that they know best.

You're terribly bent out of shape over what political pundits have to say... but in the grand scheme of things, isn't it more important what our leaders in Washington actually DO? Don't their actions speak louder than their words? :eusa_eh:

Your assertion that people who listen to these political "entertainers" are too "lazy" to get their own talking points, precludes the idea that they ALREADY have a similar political philosophy before they ever tune in. These radio talkers are just tapping in to a market that's already there. They aren't making a new market. If every one of them winked out of existence tomorrow, my political philosophy would still be the same, wouldn't yours?
It's not dependent upon anyone else's.

You don't like Beck. Fine. Don't listen to him. But if, as I posted earlier, you're a believer in Capitalism *AND* a guy who loves his country, you have to admit that they're not mutually exclusive concepts... and that Beck is no hypocrite for engaging in both. Would that we all could make a buck doing something we love to do.

Liberals/Democrats don't have a monopoly on thinking the American people are stupid. The conservatives/Republicans think so too. When conservative/Republicans whole platform is, "we were bad, but we aren't as bad as the Democrats, so reelect us please", that doesn't say a whole lot for how smart they think the electorate is. Both sides want a nanny state, just different flavors. Liberals want entitlement and conservatives want protections. How many times are Republicans going to get elected on pulling out the trusty old flag burning ban, marriage ammendment, overturning Roe v Wade, ten commandments on gubmint property, etc. issues to get the social conservatives and religious right pumped up before they open their eyes to being used and abused. At least the liberals/Democrats actually follow thru on trying to pass their nanny state legislation they got elected on. But make no mistake, both sides want to tell Americans how to live their lives because they think they no better.

My assertion that people who listen to these political "entertainers" are too "lazy" to get their own talking points, is due to the idea that they ALREADY have a similar political philosophy and that is why they tune in. They want to hear what makes them feel good and validate their beliefs. You are correct, the radio talkers are tapping into a market that's already there. Hookers do that too you know.

Im indifferent to Beck. He is one of the talkers I do not listen to or watch because he is too goofy and sensational and he doesn't fully vet stuff beofre he runs with it...like the FEMA camps.. I am indeed a believer in Capitalism *AND* a guy who loves his country and never said that Beck is a hypocrite for engaging in both. He just won't make any money off of me.

I guess I should have been more clear. Beck wandered into this dalliance with Massa with the expectation that Massa was going to deliver on some juicy details about acts of corruption within the confines of the WH and CH. Massa 'failed' to deliver. Again, I don't understand what Glenn was thinking when he glommed onto this guy for this purpose.

Forum List

Back