Beck Lied About Holding Washington's Inaugural Address

Beck did receive a special VIP tour of the archives, arranged by an as-yet unidentified member of Congress. During that tour, he did get a peek inside the "legislative vault," which isn't open to ordinary visitors. But Archives spokeswoman Susan Cooper insists that Beck didn't lay a finger on any precious documents, much less George Washington’s inaugural address. That would be a major violation of policy. "Those kinds of treasures are only handled by specially trained archival staff," she explains. Cooper acknowledges that someone at the archives did show the document to Beck, but that was the extent of it. Regarding Beck's claim that he held the document, Cooper says that seeing such documents for the first time can be a very emotional experience. "I'm certain it was a figure of speech," she says.
http://motherjones.com/politics/2010/08/glenn-beck-george-washington-restoring-honor

Last edited:
Good gawd, still OBSESSING over a Radio and T.v. talk show host.

Ole Beck must have the LEFTIES-PROGRESSIVES-COMMIES worried, he is after all EXPOSING a lot of them on his shows..

go Glen, you're doing a good job evidently.:lol:

Ole Beck must have the LEFTIES-PROGRESSIVES-COMMIES worried, he is after all EXPOSING a lot of them on his shows..

This is what they say when one of their guys gets caught lying or looking like idiots....

Everytime!

didn't some asswipe demonRat walk out of the national archives with a document stuffed into his britches leg?? Pardoname senoranus but I'll go with the Beck version.

This is what they say when one of their guys gets caught lying or looking like idiots....

Everytime!

And that is the point, zona. Where is the outrage when 'your guys' get caught lying? I'd take it more seriously if I saw anything like an unbiased opinion coming from the whining lefties. But you overlook the stream of lies from 'your guys' and howl like fucking banshees about Beck.

It is laughable... and so I laugh.

Everytime!

And that is the point, zona. Where is the outrage when 'your guys' get caught lying? I'd take it more seriously if I saw anything like an unbiased opinion coming from the whining lefties. But you overlook the stream of lies from 'your guys' and howl like fucking banshees about Beck.

Then start a thread. Now back on point here with no diversion attempts, beck is a liar. AGree? (stay on point please, just this once.)

Please try to answer without mentioning dems, obama, his wife, pelosi et al.

(I think you can do it!)

This is stupid. Beck didn't "lie". It's a figure of speech, and when you nitpick like this, you guys are just as bad as the "57 states" people.

Willow tree thinks he meant what he said. He is a liar. He didnt make a mistake by saying it, he meant to imply exactly what he said.

Tell me beck moronic fans thought it was a figure of speech.....

Beck is a liar... and a nut ....just like when he said the birds flying over the water last week was a sign from god. Seriously, this nut said this. Was that a figure of speech as well?

This is stupid. Beck didn't "lie". It's a figure of speech, and when you nitpick like this, you guys are just as bad as the "57 states" people.

Willow tree thinks he meant what he said. He is a liar. He didnt make a mistake by saying it, he meant to imply exactly what he said.

Beck is a liar... and a nut ....just like when he said the birds flying over the water last week was a sign from god. Seriously, this nut said this. Was that a figure of speech as well?

I'm certainly not a Beck fan. Doesn't mean you need to go to CrusaderFrank levels to bash him.

Everytime!

Where is your outrage at your guy caught lying? I think that's the question that needs to be asked before you go about pointing fingers at others.:eusa_whistle:

I'm certainly not a Beck fan. Doesn't mean you need to go to CrusaderFrank levels to bash him.

By bashing him, do you mean when I pointed out the fact that birds flew over the water at his rally and he said it was a sign from god........that means I am bashing him because I repeated what he said? How does this make sense.

That man is a carny, sham artist, self promoting nut who could care less about anything except his wallet. Dispute this.

Oh and it makes me laff and laff when I think about him, a mormon, talking about God in front of righty christians.

Last edited:

By bashing him, do you mean when I pointed out the fact that birds flew over the water at his rally and he said it was a sign from god........that means I am bashing him because I repeated what he said? How does this make sense.

That man is a carny, sham artist, self promoting nut who could care less about anything except his wallet. Dispute this.

Oh and it makes me laff and laff when I think about him, a mormon, talking about God in front of righty christians.

He really said that shit about the birds? :lol:
:cuckoo::cuckoo:

Beck is most certainly most of those things that you posted.

Still, you look like a child when you use the same tactics the nutjob right uses. There are plenty of real issues with Beck - you don't have to pull out some bullshit about "He lied, he didn't hold it, he just looked at it".

If this is a lie I'm sure he will provide an explanation unlike most others involved in politics. A lie is a lie though and thats not right.

Beck is most certainly most of those things that you posted.

Still, you look like a child when you use the same tactics the nutjob right uses. There are plenty of real issues with Beck - you don't have to pull out some bullshit about "He lied, he didn't hold it, he just looked at it".

I am not even close to them with the 57 states thing. Not even close. There are so many things he says that make him a carny clown and when he says them, I will comment on them. I dont mean genuin mistakes, I mean misleading crap, like this.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back