BECK & FOX Goldine Scam

Here are the talking points from Goldline...

Goldline International is a Precious Metals Industry Leader Committed to Full Disclosure and Exemplary Customer Relations | Earth Times News

•Every Goldline customer must review and sign a detailed Account and Storage Agreement which sets forth all of the terms and conditions of the purchase or sale of precious metals. No sale is finalized until the customer has reviewed Goldline’s risk disclosure materials and reviewed and signed this Agreement.
•Goldline enjoys an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau.
•Contrary to other assertions, Goldline’s roundtrip spread, which is the difference between its selling price and the price it buys back a product, ranges from 5% to 20% for bullion products and 30%-35% for all other products. These fees are consistent with fees charged on other investment alternatives.
•Goldline complies with all applicable state and federal laws and has one of the most comprehensive compliance programs in the industry.
•Goldline has been assisting investors and collectors acquire gold and other precious metals since 1960. Many prominent analysts and experts believe that precious metals are appropriate in a diversified portfolio.
•Goldline remains committed to providing the best service to its customers with transparent and honest communication throughout every step of the process. Goldline invites Congressman Weiner to visit Goldline and learn more about our business and dedication to full and accurate disclosure of its sales practices

I love it. Obama and company are scamming us for billions and Dante is bitching about a commercial.

Billions? :eusa_whistle: :razz:

You know, since wimpy Weiner is the one who started this tiff, I wonder if it's worth looking into weather or not the congressmen owns gold or has been involved in any legislation reguarding gold companies or has asked any elderly constituents for campaign donations they could ill afford or pays his illegal gardener in stolen silver White House culery or if he has a valid birth... oops (j/k)

That's the signal, time to put away the wine and go to bed.

I can name several Democrats that own oil stocks. Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid to name a couple.

We could claim they are trying to keep oil prices high on purpose because of their holdings....but it wouldn't be true.

Obama has taken billions of our money out of the Treasury and put it on hold and is waiting to dole it out to people that are nice to him. [TARP and Stimulus funds]

What happened to all of those shovel-ready projects they talked about?

Why are they using it to bail out unions and foreign oil companies?

I sincerely think anyone who can watch Beck's show is stunningly stupid, it is like entering the world of the paranoid schizophrenic and joining in the absurdity. On occasion I switch to his insane rants, and they are not only divorced from reality but they are often divorced from the currents news. It is a world that only the truly uneducated partisans can occupy and believe in.

If Fox were an ethical information agency they would tell him to cease and desist his crazy reasons that the mattress filled with gold is the securest form of banking and what early Americans citizens did. But Fox corporate bias is all too evident.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/humor/117822-glenn-beck-has-nazi-tourettes.html

Precious metal coinage typically comes with a high premium over that precious metal's spot price.

Buy bulk coinage in small amounts and that premium is very high.

Buy it in larger amounts (say about ten times the minimum purchase amounts) and the premiums tend to go down to a few percentage points above the spot price of the metal.

At least that's how it works for silver coinage.

Gold I don't follow much, but I can't imagine that it is all that different unless the organization you're working with specializes in finding fools who don't mind getting ripped off.

Last edited:
I sincerely think anyone who can watch Beck's show is stunningly stupid, it is like entering the world of the paranoid schizophrenic and joining in the absurdity. On occasion I switch to his insane rants, and they are not only divorced from reality but they are often divorced from the currents news. It is a world that only the truly uneducated partisans can occupy and believe in.

If Fox were an ethical information agency they would tell him to cease and desist his crazy reasons that the mattress filled with gold is the securest form of banking and what early Americans citizens did. But Fox corporate bias is all too evident.

The scary fact is all of it is true.

Question: If what Glenn Beck has been saying wasn't true don't you think Obama would have an army of lawyers going after him as we speak???

If you have enough money invested in strocks, bonds and real estate, then taking a position in precious metals seems prudent.

Now obviously if you believe the whole system is about to meltdown, then your portfolio ought to be buried in your backyard along with your arsenal.

I don't think we're there yet, but I defintiely do understand why some of you worry about it.

Couldn't righties see this coming?

I remember a few idiots here talking about buy gold before Obama ruins America.

sad.
:(

On Tuesday, Rep. Anthony Weiner (D-N.Y.) released a report noting that Beck and Goldline have together used fear tactics to bilk investors.

As Mencimer puts it, Beck has been "recommending a company that promotes financial security but operates in a largely unregulated no-man's land, generating a pile of consumer complaints about misleading advertising, aggressive telemarketing, and overpriced products."

Her article details instances when Goldline reps swindled folks into buying gold coins as an investment -- when there was no way such a purchase could be considered a reasonable financial move. One fellow looking to buy gold bullion from Goldline was sold $10,000 worth of 20-franc Swiss gold coins at a price of almost double what was then the current rate for gold -- meaning he was deep in the hole at the get-go.

---

Weiner blasted other conservative talkers -- including Fred Thompson, Dennis Miller, Laura Ingraham, Monica Crowley, and Mike Huckabee -- for also advocating the buying of gold on programs supported by Goldline ads. Weiner has called for the Federal Trade Commission and the Securities Exchange Commission to investigate.

Glenn Beck and Rep. Anthony Weiner: A Fight for the Gold

perhaps weiner could look into the fleecing going on @ the US mint

2010 Franklin Pierce Presidential $1 Coin 25-Coin Roll, Denver (PR4)
This coin design displays large, dramatic artwork, as well as edge-incused inscriptions of the year, E PLURIBUS UNUM and the mint mark. It features a likeness of Franklin Pierce on the obverse along with the inscriptions IN GOD WE TRUST, 14th PRESIDENT ...

Price: $35.95

The 2009 United States Mint Silver Proof Set contains 18 coins, each bearing the “S” mint mark of the United States Mint at San Francisco. The coins are as follows:

Price: $52.95

U.S. Mint Online Product Catalog

I insult for good reason. Sometimes, it is the most effective method to point out the fucking obvious to the terminally stupid.

LMAO. This is why we don't take you seriously. The maxim in the military is to "lead by example". I frankly don't care if a poster is crass. If you do, and want to lead a revolution to make this place so much more civilized, then start with yourself. People might actually follow your lead.

Or sit in the shallow pool and avoid the political stuff.

Just don't come over here and start lecturing us and expect not to have your hypocrisy called out.

I don't do that at all. I treat this board for what it is. Partisan hackery and moronic banter reign.... so that's what I do.

Then stop with the frigging lectures. It's lame.

For Dante, of all posters, to whine about others, is the height of hypocrisy. He's one of the boards worst offenders.

In your opinion and for what it is worth.....................

This could be a decent topic, but linking to wiki and finding 1 example of bad practice does not make a company a bad company.

Yeah, because this is completely out of the blue. It hasn't been on the news or anything and there is no reason why people should discuss it on a political message board.

Personally, I do invest in gold.... not just gold, but it is one of the best places to stick some spare cash.

That's your prerogative. I do not. Since I am now a student, I no longer invest in anything. At one time I had a mutual fund and I have a chunk of money in an IRA that I really can't do much with.

The point is, people are buying gold out of fear due to what they hear on the radio. I think the matter should be looked into and some issues need to be addressed, mainly by the SEC. Over all though, I think it's caveat emptor.

And Ramsey is right. If the shit hits the fan, you won't be able to eat your gold and it will be useless.

sad.

On Tuesday, Rep. Anthony Weiner (D-N.Y.) released a report noting that Beck and Goldline have together used fear tactics to bilk investors.

As Mencimer puts it, Beck has been "recommending a company that promotes financial security but operates in a largely unregulated no-man's land, generating a pile of consumer complaints about misleading advertising, aggressive telemarketing, and overpriced products."

Her article details instances when Goldline reps swindled folks into buying gold coins as an investment -- when there was no way such a purchase could be considered a reasonable financial move. One fellow looking to buy gold bullion from Goldline was sold $10,000 worth of 20-franc Swiss gold coins at a price of almost double what was then the current rate for gold -- meaning he was deep in the hole at the get-go.

---

Weiner blasted other conservative talkers -- including Fred Thompson, Dennis Miller, Laura Ingraham, Monica Crowley, and Mike Huckabee -- for also advocating the buying of gold on programs supported by Goldline ads. Weiner has called for the Federal Trade Commission and the Securities Exchange Commission to investigate.

This coin design displays large, dramatic artwork, as well as edge-incused inscriptions of the year, E PLURIBUS UNUM and the mint mark. It features a likeness of Franklin Pierce on the obverse along with the inscriptions IN GOD WE TRUST, 14th PRESIDENT ...

The 2009 United States Mint Silver Proof Set contains 18 coins, each bearing the “S” mint mark of the United States Mint at San Francisco. The coins are as follows:

What will IT take to keep you from consistently putting forth your ass to be kicked?

It is the sales practices and more that have been investigated at Goldine. Did you even follow the friggin' links before you stuck your fat ass out?

Hey, my aunt watches him religiously. She says he is the 'only' person on television telling the truth.

But she's 90 years old and remembers when California was so white, a black man would get arrested for walking down the street -- at night. :eusa_whistle:

Makes me wonder why the younger ones like him so much?

I insult for good reason. Sometimes, it is the most effective method to point out the fucking obvious to the terminally stupid.

People take media stories as fact, never bothering to critically analyze the information, its source or anything else. Dig into these stories and you get a whole different picture but, do many on here bother to do that? No. Dig into this story and see where it goes. This is soooo not about gold or investments.

You're not a stupid person, Dante. I just wish that you'd use that intellect to actually think instead of flaming occasionally.

I've had stimulating and informative discussions with people in threads where you were absent. Correlations can be drawn by others.

I could say likewise. I've seen you walk into a decent thread and totally derail it, so kindly don't bitch at others. It's called 'what goes around, comes around'.

Stop complaining. You cannot take what you dish out.

I have been subject to (not complaining) silly little girlish campaigns where people have as a group, asked others to ignore me, have as a group, spammed any thread I'm in and more. I rarely complain to admin, but when I do it's a tactical situation. I have complained about being held to a different standard and have been told -- oops -- see? I can't even defend my self if I want to. I could get banned, again. :lol:

Now try growing up. I don't mind the language, never complained about language. don't mind watching a style develop in others.
i do mind whiney little bitches who just want to trash talk and who then run away and hide behind wearing a skirt.

what's next? Dante picks on women? Haven't heard that one in a while.

So, basically, a Democrat is whining at Beck. Yep, that news. Thanks.

What would be seriously cool would be if certain posters actually bothered thinking before posting. Every fucking thread is a flame these days. Each and every damned thread is a set up by one side or the other as a 'whine'....

start of something...

:eusa_whistle:

above is what started where we are in this thread. take it apart and figure out where the whine started.

Last edited:
So, basically, a Democrat is whining at Beck. Yep, that news. Thanks.

What would be seriously cool would be if certain posters actually bothered thinking before posting. Every fucking thread is a flame these days. Each and every damned thread is a set up by one side or the other as a 'whine'....

start of something...

:eusa_whistle:

sad.

What will IT take to keep you from consistently putting forth your ass to be kicked?

It is the sales practices and more that have been investigated at Goldine. Did you even follow the friggin' links before you stuck your fat ass out?
What are weiners sources? Ed Magedson ripoff blog
Which itself is a source of anonymous smear Campains

Never the less Rippoff.com states the following time and time again.
RESULTS OF MAILING TO ALL THOSE WHO FILED A RIP-OFF REPORT

As a part of the Corporate Advocacy Program - Rip-off Report sent an email to every client who filed a Report on Goldline and I would now like to share the results with you.

The majority of clients stated that they appreciated our efforts and related how they had already been taken care of in a satisfactory manner. As usual, most customers asked if they could remove the Report they filed and we explained that unfortunately, it was not possible. It is Rip-off Report's philosophy that it is much more beneficial for the consumer to see how a company like Goldline International addresses client concerns. No company is without its share of problems, however, there are many companies who continually sweep those problems under the rug and never achieve the growth that other companies such as Goldline enjoys.

Rip-off Report feels Goldline has learned from all those who have complained... and they even seemed to be thankful for those who have brought problems to their attention.

Goldline International shows leadership by joining the Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation and Customer Satisfaction Program.

Keep in mind, Goldline International has worked with many clients over time. What really is amazing that despite Rip-off Report appearing on most search engines right below Goldline, their complaint ratio is a fraction of a percent of their overall clients. Rip-off Report knows that this is significantly below the industry standard for the clientele that they work with. From our perspective, it is quite unusual for a company who has had so few complaints request on their own to be a part of the Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation and Customer Satisfaction Program. Goldline provides a leadership model for other companies that care about their clients to follow.

BBB Review of Goldline International, Inc. - Gold, Silver, and Platinum Dealers - Santa Monica, CA

bbb_rating_aP.gif

One fellow looking to buy gold bullion from Goldline was sold $10,000 worth of 20-franc Swiss gold coins at a price of almost double what was then the current rate for gold -- meaning he was deep in the hole at the get-go.

Antique gold coins cost a premium , well beyond spot market price.

Why does goldline have a A + rating from the BBB?

Maybe Beck can go on another rant about how the Jews are out to get him...

The scary fact is all of it is true.

Question: If what Glenn Beck has been saying wasn't true don't you think Obama would have an army of lawyers going after him as we speak???

No, I don't think so. For starters, he wouldn't have grounds to file sue. Furthermore, the more Beck talks, the more he benefits.

Fitnah, instead of being a little wuss, why not debate the topic in the thread?

everal years ago, I filled out an online form of Goldline Interntional's to receive some literature about investing in precious metals. Soon after I was contacted by John Arnette, a salesperson with Goldline. John was pleasant and convincing. He informed me that I should view him as an 'adviser' similar to my stock broker. Goldline International Complaints - Terrible experience

---

here, read the whole thing...

GOLDLINE Review | Rip-off Report #356979

GOLDLINE ,GOLDLINE scam fraud goes to US Attorney in Florida Santa Monica California

Bill McCullum
Attorney General State of Florida
The Capitol PL-01
Tallahassee, FL 32399-1050

Dear Sir,

I seek an interview with a lawyer Assistant of the U. S. ATTORNEY's office at 500 E. Broward Blvd. Ft. Lauderdale, Fl. 33394 as soon as possible concerning MAIL FRAUD to explain my case and move the prosecution of GOLDLINE of Santa Monica forward.

TOPICS TO DISCUSS
Charges of MAIL FRAUD by GOLDLINE of Santa Monica

The Mail Fraud Statute (Title 18, United States Code, Section 1341) TITLE 18 PART I CHAPTER 63.
1)

# 1341. Frauds and swindles
2)

# 1343. Fraud by wire, radio, or television
3)

# 1345. Injunctions against fraud
4)

# 1346. Definition of “scheme or artifice to defraud”
5)

# 1349. Attempt and conspiracy
hmmm...
Rip-off Report Investigation: Goldline International commits to total customer satisfaction, pledges to address complaints & inquiries.

Goldline.com commitment to Rip-off Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program. Goldline employees will go above and beyond the client’s expectation in the pursuit of excellence in every aspect of the business –

Goldline has been helping consumers buy gold and other precious metals since 1960. They provide extensive free information to help people make informed choices when buying precious metals. - feel confident & secure when doing business with Goldline International.

Rip-off Report Investigation: Goldline.com - Goldline International commits to total customer satisfaction. Review | Rip-off Report #579000

Fitnah, instead of being a little wuss, why not debate the topic in the thread?

There is nothing to debate, the OP is bogus as is Weiner's compliant .Any fact checking would have turned up the fact that even wieners source doesn't agree with his assertion.

Forum List

Back