BECK & FOX Goldine Scam

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street
Couldn't righties see this coming?

I remember a few idiots here talking about buy gold before Obama ruins America.

sad.
:(

On Tuesday, Rep. Anthony Weiner (D-N.Y.) released a report noting that Beck and Goldline have together used fear tactics to bilk investors.

As Mencimer puts it, Beck has been "recommending a company that promotes financial security but operates in a largely unregulated no-man's land, generating a pile of consumer complaints about misleading advertising, aggressive telemarketing, and overpriced products."

Her article details instances when Goldline reps swindled folks into buying gold coins as an investment -- when there was no way such a purchase could be considered a reasonable financial move. One fellow looking to buy gold bullion from Goldline was sold $10,000 worth of 20-franc Swiss gold coins at a price of almost double what was then the current rate for gold -- meaning he was deep in the hole at the get-go.

---

Weiner blasted other conservative talkers -- including Fred Thompson, Dennis Miller, Laura Ingraham, Monica Crowley, and Mike Huckabee -- for also advocating the buying of gold on programs supported by Goldline ads. Weiner has called for the Federal Trade Commission and the Securities Exchange Commission to investigate.

Glenn Beck and Rep. Anthony Weiner: A Fight for the Gold

Damn I wish I had.

Gold Price History
gold_5_year_o_usd.png

Looks like Goldline has an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau too. Fuckers. :razz:

On edit:

I should have put a link with that last claim...
http://www.la.bbb.org/Business-Report/Goldline-International-Inc-35002328

BBB assigns grades from A to F with pluses and minuses. A+ is the highest grade and F is the lowest. The grade represents BBB’s degree of confidence that the business is operating in a trustworthy manner and will make a good faith effort to resolve any customer concerns.

Last edited:

Damn I wish I had.

Gold Price History
gold_5_year_o_usd.png

Looks like Goldline has an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau too. Fuckers. :razz:

On edit:

BBB Review of Goldline International, Inc. - Gold, Silver, and Platinum Dealers - Santa Monica, CA

BBB assigns grades from A to F with pluses and minuses. A+ is the highest grade and F is the lowest. The grade represents BBB’s degree of confidence that the business is operating in a trustworthy manner and will make a good faith effort to resolve any customer concerns.

You take financial advice from the BBB? :eek:

everal years ago, I filled out an online form of Goldline Interntional's to receive some literature about investing in precious metals. Soon after I was contacted by John Arnette, a salesperson with Goldline. John was pleasant and convincing. He informed me that I should view him as an 'adviser' similar to my stock broker. Goldline International Complaints - Terrible experience

---

here, read the whole thing...

http://www.ripoffreport.com/investment-brokers/goldline/goldline-goldline-scam-fraud-bcdmf.htm

GOLDLINE ,GOLDLINE scam fraud goes to US Attorney in Florida Santa Monica California

Bill McCullum
Attorney General State of Florida
The Capitol PL-01
Tallahassee, FL 32399-1050

Dear Sir,

I seek an interview with a lawyer Assistant of the U. S. ATTORNEY's office at 500 E. Broward Blvd. Ft. Lauderdale, Fl. 33394 as soon as possible concerning MAIL FRAUD to explain my case and move the prosecution of GOLDLINE of Santa Monica forward.

TOPICS TO DISCUSS
Charges of MAIL FRAUD by GOLDLINE of Santa Monica

The Mail Fraud Statute (Title 18, United States Code, Section 1341) TITLE 18 PART I CHAPTER 63.
1)

# 1341. Frauds and swindles
2)

# 1343. Fraud by wire, radio, or television
3)

# 1345. Injunctions against fraud
4)

# 1346. Definition of “scheme or artifice to defraud”
5)

# 1349. Attempt and conspiracy
hmmm...

Last edited:

Damn I wish I had.

Gold Price History
gold_5_year_o_usd.png

On edit:

BBB Review of Goldline International, Inc. - Gold, Silver, and Platinum Dealers - Santa Monica, CA

No. See the first link, that's just the actual price of gold over a short time. The BBB ratings refer to a given companies reputation.

I don't take financial advise from either, nor do I take financial advice from politicians in general and even less so from those with an axe to grind.

Damn I wish I had.

Gold Price History
gold_5_year_o_usd.png

On edit:

No. See the first link, that's just the actual price of gold over a short time. The BBB ratings refer to a given companies reputation.

I don't take financial advise from either, nor do I take financial advice from politicians in general and even less so from those with an axe to grind.

Good for you. I've seen more people burned through the years. They get into precious this and precious that not knowing WTF they are doing.

When a persons says they want to help me make money, I run away as I hold onto my wallet. I wonder why they aren't helping themselves, their friends and family.

If you buy gold, you should buy it from someone who will sell it to you at the value it's worth at the time of the purchase. Not from these crooks who are selling it at twice the value.

That's just stupid.

And Glenn Beck cannot be trusted.

So, basically, a Democrat is whining at Beck. Yep, that news. Thanks.

What would be seriously cool would be if certain posters actually bothered thinking before posting. Every fucking thread is a flame these days. Each and every damned thread is a set up by one side or the other as a 'whine'....

If you buy gold, you should buy it from someone who will sell it to you at the value it's worth at the time of the purchase. Not from these crooks who are selling it at twice the value.

That's just stupid.

And I don't see what is so hard about that.

I like Dave Ramsey's take on it:

[ame=http://youtube.com/watch?v=zwgUBwX2dzQ]YouTube - Dave Ramsey on Gold[/ame]

"What matters to people at the time."

Last edited:

What would be seriously cool would be if certain posters actually bothered thinking before posting. Every fucking thread is a flame these days. Each and every damned thread is a set up by one side or the other as a 'whine'....

Well thank God you are here to elevate the debate.

Good for you. I've seen more people burned through the years. They get into precious this and precious that not knowing WTF they are doing.

When a persons says they want to help me make money, I run away as I hold onto my wallet. I wonder why they aren't helping themselves, their friends and family.

Good policy there.

I flat out don't have enough to invest in Goldline or any of the other folks in gold. My car runs great but it's 10 years old and I'm fine with getting another 8-10 out of it. My 401k isn't bad but nothing to brag about. I got a lot of years of work ahead before I buy gold and then it will just be a fraction of my investments.

Good policy there.

I flat out don't have enough to invest in Goldline or any of the other folks in gold. My car runs great but it's 10 years old and I'm fine with getting another 8-10 out of it. My 401k isn't bad but nothing to brag about. I got a lot of years of work ahead before I buy gold and then it will just be a fraction of my investments.

Well, if you are going to buy it, buy it when it is low and for an investment and not because you think you will be able to buy chickens with it when the apocalypse comes.

(see above Ramsey clip)

If this is what passes for 'debate' to you, then I pity you.

Here are the talking points from Goldline...

Goldline International is a Precious Metals Industry Leader Committed to Full Disclosure and Exemplary Customer Relations | Earth Times News

•Every Goldline customer must review and sign a detailed Account and Storage Agreement which sets forth all of the terms and conditions of the purchase or sale of precious metals. No sale is finalized until the customer has reviewed Goldline’s risk disclosure materials and reviewed and signed this Agreement.
•Goldline enjoys an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau.
•Contrary to other assertions, Goldline’s roundtrip spread, which is the difference between its selling price and the price it buys back a product, ranges from 5% to 20% for bullion products and 30%-35% for all other products. These fees are consistent with fees charged on other investment alternatives.
•Goldline complies with all applicable state and federal laws and has one of the most comprehensive compliance programs in the industry.
•Goldline has been assisting investors and collectors acquire gold and other precious metals since 1960. Many prominent analysts and experts believe that precious metals are appropriate in a diversified portfolio.
•Goldline remains committed to providing the best service to its customers with transparent and honest communication throughout every step of the process. Goldline invites Congressman Weiner to visit Goldline and learn more about our business and dedication to full and accurate disclosure of its sales practices

:anj_stfu: you enter threads and insult for no reason and then run away.

you're so tied up with group think you imagine hanging out in the USMB Coffee shop makes you sweet? You're a nasty little bitch and we both know it. I liked that about you before. The naked honesty. I admire a nasty little bitch who isn't ashamed.

If this is what passes for 'debate' to you, then I pity you.

And I pity you for thinking you are any better.

Unlike you, I don't thump my chest and act like this message board is an academic exercise.

It's entertainment pure and simple.

And let's not act like we have clean hands when we have been more than willing to get down in the mud and the blood with the other posters.

Here are the talking points from Goldline...

Goldline International is a Precious Metals Industry Leader Committed to Full Disclosure and Exemplary Customer Relations | Earth Times News

•Every Goldline customer must review and sign a detailed Account and Storage Agreement which sets forth all of the terms and conditions of the purchase or sale of precious metals. No sale is finalized until the customer has reviewed Goldline’s risk disclosure materials and reviewed and signed this Agreement.
•Goldline enjoys an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau.
•Contrary to other assertions, Goldline’s roundtrip spread, which is the difference between its selling price and the price it buys back a product, ranges from 5% to 20% for bullion products and 30%-35% for all other products. These fees are consistent with fees charged on other investment alternatives.
•Goldline complies with all applicable state and federal laws and has one of the most comprehensive compliance programs in the industry.
•Goldline has been assisting investors and collectors acquire gold and other precious metals since 1960. Many prominent analysts and experts believe that precious metals are appropriate in a diversified portfolio.
•Goldline remains committed to providing the best service to its customers with transparent and honest communication throughout every step of the process. Goldline invites Congressman Weiner to visit Goldline and learn more about our business and dedication to full and accurate disclosure of its sales practices

In an October 2006 consent order, Goldline agreed to return $217,000.00 to a Missouri elderly couple after it was determined that the couple was pressured by a Goldline salesperson to liquidate all their investments and put it into gold. The Missouri Secretary of State had investigated whether the company's agent was acting as an unregistered investment advisor.[7][8]

Goldline International - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Now this was one bad actor, but it doesn't reflect well on the company.

THANK YOU SO MUCH. This guy's take is the best I've heard in quite a while.

:clap2:

people ought to be forced by friends to listen to this one take on Gold as a currency of exchange for the end times. :lol:

That's just stupid.

And I don't see what is so hard about that.

I like Dave Ramsey's take on it:

[ame=http://youtube.com/watch?v=zwgUBwX2dzQ]YouTube - Dave Ramsey on Gold[/ame]

"What matters to people at the time."

:anj_stfu: you enter threads and insult for no reason and then run away.

you're so tied up with group think you imagine hanging out in the USMB Coffee shop makes you sweet? You're a nasty little bitch and we both know it. I liked that about you before. The naked honesty. I admire a nasty little bitch who isn't ashamed.

Seriously. What is up with the reformed whores around this joint as of late?

What's wrong with the "I like to hit hard and to be hit back" mentality?

If people want to go all puritan, that's their prerogative. They should just go stand in their little polite corner and mind their own. Don't jump in the ring and yell at the boxers for being boxers for fuck's sake.

Forum List

Back